Bobmember
8 posts

Posted:
Hello everybody.As most of you have probably noticed i'm new to the board, so here's the traditional boring biography: I'm 19 and a second year college student who has been twirling for about 2 weeks now. I don't consider myself much of a poier yet but i'm working on it (i just got the behind the back weave tonight, woohoo!!). But anyway, i just wanted to say hi to everyone and introduce myself.

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
hey bob.behind the back weave after only 2 weeks !?!you must have been practicing........ a lot :Pwell welcome to the board. any questions that you cant find answers to using the search,, just ask.C'an'U

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
BOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You are from Rochester?? No shit!!!I am from Batavia (you know, the hole in the wall about 20 minutes east of you!) You are the first other swinger from the WNY area I've seen...whooo--freakin--hoo!!!! smileUofR or RIT?Fire or glowy things?Poi or anything else?Okay, I'll stop.If you ever wanna hook up contact me atSpiderblade@yahoo.com and we work something out since I am in Roch at least once if not two three times a week.Oh yeah, welcome to the boards wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Welcome aboard Bob!WOW, Do you really have the behind the back weave, or are you pullin my leg? smile I have been spinning for four years now, and just got it a few months ago! Shit kid, look up the new moves page and start kickn' ass! smile We will help you along, and you can learn alot from Pele! She knows her stuff! Happy Spinning grinSkiChristian [This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 08 April 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Bobmember
8 posts

Posted:
Oops, ok, small mistake, i was informed today that what i was doing was actually a reverse behind the back weave, i can't do a normal behind the back weave yet. I don't know if there is a difference in difficulty or not, but just to be accurate thats what i was doing. But anyway, i was at the RIT juggle-in and i saw someone do the Reverse BTB Weave and i picked up a set of clubs and copied the pattern then switched to a set of poi, it took about an hour. I don't have it down perfect yet, i hit myself in the legs sometimes (suggestions to fix this?) but i'm practicing.And to answer Pele, i go to RIT, i swing clubs, glowsticks and comet poi, but i plan to start with fire at some point smile.