Page: ......
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

scuba_soxMember
51 posts

Posted:
whens the next meet likly to be?

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
hey sheep!
nice to meet ya!
Im sure they would let people spin the KH, that would be WKD!
Im back at uni on the 9th, cant wait to get back now, my fire and glow poi are waiting for me there!!!
We should def get everyone together for a spin at some point that would be cool!
Well catch you all at some point!

Hey Flame boy are you still spinnin outside (bugger whats it called) erm.......that bar in concert square?? just curious!

see you all soon! xx

Dont take life to seriously, you'll never get out alive!!

Catt xxx

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Yep biggrin Not back there tho for a bit (they only use me on Chalk'n'Cheese nights and they arent starting til end of January).
Hopefully Adrian (the other half of our not very famous fire troupe...if you could call it that redface ) and I will be getting work at Society and another place I forget the name of, we're talking to the managers at the mo about it - woohoo, our business is spreading ubbloco

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Just a little shout out to the Liverpool crew.

FB, Lemmi and I going heading off to the Manchester meet this Sunday! Would anyone like to join us? Its going to be quite a show! We will be meeting at the Lime St Station @1300, next to the ticket box for the 1320 train to Manchester!

The ticket is going to be quite cheap and it only takes 45mins to get to Manchester. No better way to spend a Sunday!
EDITED_BY: Alien_Concept (1136591636)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
it will be worth it, wwe have lots of hugs and nice people over here biggrin hug grouphug

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

scuba_soxMember
51 posts

Posted:
my exams finish next fri so im going for a spin at sefton park at about 5/6 ish come along
Sox

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
He he he, I dont have any exams this year!!! biggrin

A spin in Sefton on Friday sounds cool - Ill be there beerchug

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
My room is just a few cms wider and taller than my staff, so if im careful i can spin...slowly, but I do tend to knock things over ubbloco

You can get to Sefton by the bus from outside the Student Union, its the 699 (or a number very similar, but im fairly sure its the 699); its less than £2 for a student return. I can meet you outside the Union if you like biggrin

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
My shoulder is still a little sore from last Sunday. Might have overdone it a little. Gonna have to see how that goes. LOL!

scuba_soxMember
51 posts

Posted:
you could also get th 86 and get off at tesco metro on smithdown road then its only about a 10min walk to the park

helen_melen_mousenewbie
15 posts

Posted:
hey dudes and dudettes biggrin
long time no posts
i am very much up for a spin very soon. is it this friday or next? i am confused. confused

Flame boy: if you are the one in concert square are you also the next door neighbour of a guy called josh who also spins poi? just a thought!

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Hey all, my exams are all next week, but dont mind catchin up with people any tme for a spin although if work need to be done i might drop out, although my glo and fire poi have just come through so very excited about doing first burn, let me know dates and stuff and ill try my best to be there!!
lookin forwrd to it!
love tons

Catt xxx

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Helen - Josh lives next door to my partner in crime Adrian, we spin outside the office together, ill try and get him along this friday...yes it is this friday...tomorrow...13th..
...oooh, friday 13th, doesnt sound good ubbloco

OK, so can everyone meet at 5 in Sefton tomorrow? Theres a big area on one of the sides, you can see the glass house thing from on it, everyone gether there? Cool!

scuba_soxMember
51 posts

Posted:
if you get off the 699 by the private hospital then walk down green bank lane ( between park and Darby and Rathbone halls) and follow it to the end you are there

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
ohhhhhhh cant wait!!!
burn baby burn!

Catt xxx

helen_melen_mousenewbie
15 posts

Posted:
woohoo im there!
big field by palm housenear the road that goes past greenbank park
bounce

szigetBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I might well join you too, 5 o clock it is

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile Coolio, got a few peeps coming - wicked!

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
hey there all!
well i though last night was pretty cool, was good to see so many people there, i like meeting new people.

Oh and whilst its still fresh in my mind, if we wanna sort the next meet out at some point we could do it round the cathederal, i have that guys num and when we know what we wanna do we can give him a call. Was also thinking if we were gonna make a big thing of it maybe we could invite some of the manchester lot down i rekon some of them will be up for it! Anyway let me know what you think!!

Hope everyone had as much fun as i did last night, hope to see all again soon!

Catt xx bounce bounce2
PS, today is sooo sunny it makes me really happy!! sunny

Catt xxx

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
oh i actually know where the catedral is in Liverpool, and how to get the from LLstation biggrin

post times and dates and i'll try to make it across from Manchester to spin with you all smile

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

helen_melen_mousenewbie
15 posts

Posted:
I keep missing things! grrr i finished work at 5 and had been up since 530 so was in no way, shape or form up for anything that exerted any type of energy last night so missed meeting you all again! frown
apologies
But the cathedral sounds like an awesome place to spin! oh, but which one? the wigwam one sems a bit public and concrete like, the anglican one seems more... big? huge? majestic? overwhelming?
theres a garden/graveyard below the anglican one that is dead sheltered coz its below ground level and sheltered by the cathedral other wise it's really windy down there. ubbrollsmile

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Its the Wigwam, not the Anglican. The bloke we met there was pretty cool ! He said that whole area in front of the cathedral was for public use, so we just gotta let him when we're planning it just so he knows and we can piss about (carefully) with fire devil

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Hey, jumping in here to say hi. I'm currently in Cardiff for uni but I'm from Liverpool originally so skip back up there quite a lot. I'm not all that great with my poi because I'm mostly self-taught (with a little help from my friends), but I'd love to meet up with some other spinners and learn a few new tricks. So just thought I'd say hi cause if there's ever a meet when I'm back in the 'pool I might just drop by to say hi to you all in person!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Well let us you know when you're here and we'll get some peeps together weavesmiley

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
I dunno if I'm important enough to gather peeps just for a coming home poi-session... Although any excuse to poi is a good excuse!

I know I've gotta be back up in Liverpool to go ice skating in Deeside on the 29th, and then back in Cardiff again on the 30th, so it's likely I'll be back up north a few days before that weekend.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
All poi-ers are important enough! Plus any chance we get to have a meet is always taken warmly biggrin

CattSILVER Member
103 posts

Posted:
Ananya you deff gotta come if we do something at th wigwam, its going to be great and you will get to meet more spinners, its great to meet people, you get to learn alsorts and meet some cool people! Hope to catch up with you sometime! XX

Catt xxx

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, here's another idea worth trying: not everyone is on HoP but I am sure they have emails. Set up a Hotmail account so we could send people newsletter about Liverpool meets.

ananyanewbie
23 posts

Posted:
Well, I will try to make it. Like I said I'm really new to the poi scene and am always surprised to realise other people actually know what it is! But I'd love to meet more people. I'm a bit rubbish at learning new things myself so I'm sure I could pick up a few new tricks at a meet. Plus, it'd give me an excuse to come back home for a weekend, which my mum always loves!

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
You'll learn sh1t loads at meets, everyone will wnat to teach their latest tricks weavesmiley

AC - We could set up an MSN group, im a member of another one and its wicked. You can put on tons of pics and it message boards like HOP as well as other features that im sure are useful biggrin

Page: ......