Page: 1...3637383940
Aryth
Aryth

in a beautiful daze....
Total posts: 134
Posted:After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

Delete Topic

fanged_angel
fanged_angel

poiromaniac
Total posts: 162
Posted:ill be there about 9ish but ill call if im running late

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Total posts: 464
Posted:I am actually getting quite excited about the meet tomorrow now. Managed to get some old pros out of the woodworks for this meet so the learners will be able to get all the pointers they want. Will be absolutely awesome to catch up with the oldies as well!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Total posts: 192
Posted:I can't wait to go spinning tonight. It's been ages since we've had a proper meet. Don't forget to bring some paraffin. See you all there.

Fire Staff 27, Paraffin 10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

travelling without moving
Total posts: 1286
Posted:i'll be there!

Heilige Scheie, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

fanged_angel
fanged_angel

poiromaniac
Posted:frown just been up there and wasnt able to find anybody and then somebody drove past me with a drum in the back of his car... did i miss the meet? frown

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:we were all there till around 10ish. What time did you get there?

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:We were wondering where you were tonight. We were in St James Garden, to the left of the Cathedral if you are looking right at it from China Town side. There is a small hidden path to the left of it that leads below street level. Take a note of Flamers or my number for next time.

Was a good meet tonight but the other crowd was a little weird. I am sure I heard the baby in the pram crying. And weren't two of them having a fight at one point and they dropped him on his head? The new venue at the new Picket sounds better and better! Would be interesting to go back there! Very close to the New Paradise Street Bus Depot and Liverpool One. Nicely tucked away within the warehouse area. Should be ace!

Delete

curly
stranger

Total posts: 1
Posted:Hi. Great to meet you all last night. Just had a little skim through this thread. Sorry I didn't mention as well as the aerial dance the space will also be used for pole dancing. Lots of people get the wrong idea, thinking we're a bunch of lappies in bikinis. I've been teaching on Dale street for a few years now, if you're curious our website is ioisis-poledance.co.uk there's also a myspace .../ioisis. These might give you a better idea of what it's like.

I'm moving to the parliament street site, to have more room and get a space for all sorts of dancers to have space, and also with a view to arrange aerial sessions with community groups, and hopefully give people a chance to try stuff which isn't very accessible in Liverpool at the mo. More than anything a space for people who love what they do, and want to share it.

I've just got back from the building site. We're meant to have access from the 1st october, but without being pesimistic, it still looks like there's a lot of work to be done.

I haven't cleared it with the landlords yet, but thinking of outdoor space for the fire, the building has roof access, which you can go out on. If that came off it could be amazing, it's got like big views accross liverpool/the mersey.

Any way, just wanted to say hi.

A

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:that sounds absolutly fantastic. Keep us up to date on the progress of the space. If you need any help with setting anything up just give us a shout and I'm sure a few of us will help.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:great meet last night guys, was good to see old and new faces there. the future is looking good for the liverpool spinners!

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

fanged_angel
fanged_angel

poiromaniac
Posted:i got there for about half 8 but was on the other side of the church, then i went round to the front and asked a security guard if he knew anything about a fire display and he said it had finished but that couldnt have been any later than 9, i tried to call but then realised i gave my phone to my friend so she could call a cab after work cos she dont have one frown ahwell theres always next time, cant wait... any idea when it is yet?

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:Erm... You asked the security guard about the fire display? I don't think thats a good idea... LOL!

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:Originally Posted By: curlyHi. Great to meet you all last night. Just had a little skim through this thread. Sorry I didn't mention as well as the aerial dance the space will also be used for pole dancing. Lots of people get the wrong idea, thinking we're a bunch of lappies in bikinis. I've been teaching on Dale street for a few years now, if you're curious our website is ioisis-poledance.co.uk there's also a myspace .../ioisis. These might give you a better idea of what it's like.

Well, to be fair, a couple of us can claim to be pole dancers. The only difference is that the pole goes around us and we don't go around the pole! wink

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:Very well put Loewan. I now class myself as a pole dancer tongue2 haha

Delete

Spin_Doktor
stranger

Total posts: 7
Posted:Cheers for a great Sunday meeting everyone, I really enjoyed seeing/meeting you all. I know there are no offical plans for this weekend, does anyone fancy coming down for a spin on Sunday at 7pm anyway?

Jools

Delete

JaqueDark
journeyman
Total posts: 55
Posted:
It was a good meet. I'm really glad I came... next time there's going to be a different venue right? Would someone post some directions to where it will be? This is gonna be my last meet while I'm in Liverpool coz I'm leaving for Uni the next day.
JD
x

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:the new venue is not a confirmed thing, i think the cathedral is going to be the venue for a while. It's quiet, out of the way and we're not bothering anybody by being there. The scallies that were there on sunday aren't usually there, that's never happened to us before. we've had people stop and watch for a while, but never a group of scally scum causing trouble.

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:The ad is up on Gumtree...

http://liverpool.gumtree.com/liverpool/53/28707353.html
br>
I am going to pillage (and possibly rape) my work's printer tomorrow for copies of the poster!

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:sounds awesome to me loewan. I might be able to make a meet on Sunday if people want to go.

Delete

the_mods_stole_my_name
the_mods_stole_my_name

Posted:not sure about sunday as yet. i may be working early on monday, so will need to get my beauty sleep!

O.B.E.S.E.

Delete

Spin_Doktor
stranger

Total posts: 7
Posted:I'm up for meeting on Sunday, so you wont be by yourself!

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:Hey guys, unfortunatly I'm not going be able to make it tomorrow night. Feel free to have a mini meet anyway. I will organise a big meet for a week tomorrow.

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:Will be working one more week in Manchester, should be back next weekend.

Delete

JaqueDark
journeyman
Total posts: 55
Posted:
Is the meet still on tonight? If it is could someone let me know? My number is 07535161017 thanks!
JD
x

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:Hey everyone.

The next official meet is this sunday at 7pm. If possible I would love for it to be a bigger turn out. The more there is the better. Even if you just have some friends who are interested, bring them along and we'll get them doing there first spin.

Hope to see many of you there

P.S. Loewan, bring some paraffin! Haha

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:Is there any way you can send messages to all the member of the facebook group? I think The Black brothers have managed to hooked up quite a lot of locals talents. I am sure quite a few of them would come given enough notice.

Delete

=Flamer=
=Flamer=

Posted:Ill do that now

Delete

fanged_angel
fanged_angel

poiromaniac
Posted:anybody up for a spin this weekend?

Delete

Loewan
Loewan

and behold!
Posted:I think most people last night thought it will be better if we have a meet the week after. Was a good turn out on Sunday, great to see Andy again with his poi!

Delete

luciferisonfire
stranger
Total posts: 3
Posted:yo yo im new here in liverpool, cant wait to come to a meet, when is the next one?
and do u guys spin fire at ur meets?
thanks
luciano

Delete

Page: 1...3637383940