Page: ...
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Its been such a long time since we have had anything regular going. Now that the summer is over, a new uni term is about to start and me returning to the Pool, I will say it would be a good time to get another group together for some fire! Roscoe seems to be long gone so we will need to have a new place! Somewhere nice and secluded yet accessible, some shelter might be a little too much to ask but one can dream. The old cathedral would be the last resort but I hope there are better options. The dance hall mentioned before seems to have been lost in the wind so it would be great if we could scout for a new location.

I had a handful of great fire pictures from another meet so I thought I'd revamp the poster for the Liverpool burners to pass around.

Non-Https Image Link

I really need some constructive criticism on the poster and maybe someone else willing to put their contact details and also to act as organiser. Oh yeah, a name for the group would be awesome too! "The Liverpool Fire Art Academy" sucks but that's all I could think of right now. blush
EDITED_BY: Loewan (1220399514)

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
La Machine is out!

Check the facebook group for the first couple of images!

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yep, will be coming back to the Pool for La Maaaaaaachine this weekend. Fire meet on Friday night to follow! Anyone interested in doing some fire this Friday, do come along! It will be awesome!

Another poster for the Liverpool group:

Non-Https Image Link

Which one is better? This one or the old one?

Mistakes in the contact details! The mobile should be 07895116543 and the email should be loewan@hotmail.com
EDITED_BY: Loewan (1220831638)

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
A link for the newcomers. This is the kind of things the HoP crowd do.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Right guys, I'm back and this time I'm taking control of the Liverpool meets. As Lowan is going to be quite busy during the week I am going to organize the Liverpool meets.

Next meet: Sunday 14th September
Time: 7:00pm
Place: The gardens next to the Anglican cathedral

Contact details;
Phone: 07710812062
E-Mail: andy.dodson@hotmail.co.uk

Feel free to text me whenever with suggestions, complaints, etc.

Hope to see pleanty of you there.

P.S. If anyone needs paraffin please contact me in advance so I can sort something out.

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

fire.chefcrazy mofo
99 posts

Posted:
hey guys hows everyone doing? its been a whilse since ive been on. i hope everyone has had agood summer ive been busy as hell with working and going to festies (loewan, i was a little disapointed with the glade but it was still pretty cool and i got to see pendulum again although they werent up to form) but any how whats all this i see thats been going on those posters are cool i think the second one is best it needs to look more "trashy".
I was going to propose a meet on sat night at ainsdale, were going to have a bit of a gathering like on soltice but better, we've got the gennie and soundsystem with the addition of a huge sub and weve got more in the way of shelter theres the yurt and also an awening on the tranny van and "the pit" comming from the 106 and sound system.
Its going to be a bit of an all nighter i'll be getting there about 11ish but it will be getting set up all day.

Yo Yo Yo motherfcukers

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Well, I heard you went to Burning Man over in Nevada and I don't think anything could compare to something like that! You should check out the Cathedral ground, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised! There are some spinners coming from the South of Liverpool so a more central location would be better.

surinkistranger
10 posts

Posted:
Hello. I'll be there Sunday if it's defo happening. Anyone going to Bristol from round here? I'm thinking of going middle of next week. Jus wonderin if I can catch a car.

fanged_angelBRONZE Member
poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
hello again everybody, long time no post, the person who i was talking with and it still looks like theres going to be a regular spot with her (and its got indoorness for when it rains) and she wants to have us all down on tuesday, which should be a good night because the studio is all set up, but i cant see why we cant try and synergize the two and get the best of both worlds

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: fanged_angelhello again everybody, long time no post, the person who i was talking with and it still looks like theres going to be a regular spot with her (and its got indoorness for when it rains) and she wants to have us all down on tuesday, which should be a good night because the studio is all set up, but i cant see why we cant try and synergize the two and get the best of both worlds

That would be absolutely awesome to finally have a home again! So she is cool with people coming then? We could all chip in £3 towards electricity etc as well.

And if the owner don't mind, I could put the address up on the poster as well to increase exposure.

uncleGsifstranger
13 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: =Flamer=
Next meet: Sunday 14th September
Time: 7:00pm
Place: The gardens next to the Anglican cathedral

awesome... G's IN!!

I love Tea, I mean, i REALLY love tea

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
The venue sounds fantastic. Lowan, could you send me the photoshop files for the posters please.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
My friend's completely let me down now so I am taking over again. Hot off the print! The latest poster! Pretty much completely discarded the old design and assimilated idea from second poster but hopefully adjusted the layout to make it look more stylish and dynamic. Filters to the pictures again to protect the anonymity of the spinners (I actually don't have some of their permission to use them as models for my poster! :P).

Jools: The contact details have been corrected and now includes Flamers details.

What do you guys think? Better or worse?

Non-Https Image Link

EDITED_BY: Loewan (1221101883)

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I like it. It's good. We need to get some printed off so we can put them up in places.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Send me the photoshop files so i can have a play with the posters too.

andy.dodson@hotmail.co.uk

poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
acrioisis (the girl with the studio) is coming to meet us all on sunday, so we can arrange everything then. @loewan the poster looks brilliant... im quite excited about all this, it looks to be the start of something great

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
looks like i'll be there on sunday! not had a burn for a while...i wonder if i can remember how to do it?

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
This is looking pretty promising indeed! Its been a while since we had any form of meet going. Would be awesome to have something going again.

JaqueDarkBRONZE Member
journeyman
55 posts

Posted:

hey

I'm gonna be there too. looking forward to it. I apologise before hand if i dont seem talkative when i'm there i've lost my voice and i dont know when it'll come back frown hopefully it should be back by then, if not then i'm not being rude by not saying anything.

JD

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Is this gonna be a weekly thing?

As I said in the other thread I won't be able to make it for the one this Sunday but if it is weekly thing I may pop down occasionally when I can...

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
It might not be weekly but it will be frequent... If not weekly it will probably be fortnightly. Depends on what other people want to do. If lots of people want a regular weekly meet, then i dont see why we cant do that.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
hey everyone. Just checking who is coming, can you say if you're coming so I can get a rough idea of numbers. My number is 07710812062 if anyone needs to get in touch.

poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
ill be there about 9ish but ill call if im running late

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I am actually getting quite excited about the meet tomorrow now. Managed to get some old pros out of the woodworks for this meet so the learners will be able to get all the pointers they want. Will be absolutely awesome to catch up with the oldies as well!

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I can't wait to go spinning tonight. It's been ages since we've had a proper meet. Don't forget to bring some paraffin. See you all there.

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i'll be there!

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

poiromaniac
162 posts

Posted:
frown just been up there and wasnt able to find anybody and then somebody drove past me with a drum in the back of his car... did i miss the meet? frown

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
we were all there till around 10ish. What time did you get there?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
We were wondering where you were tonight. We were in St James Garden, to the left of the Cathedral if you are looking right at it from China Town side. There is a small hidden path to the left of it that leads below street level. Take a note of Flamers or my number for next time.

Was a good meet tonight but the other crowd was a little weird. I am sure I heard the baby in the pram crying. And weren't two of them having a fight at one point and they dropped him on his head? The new venue at the new Picket sounds better and better! Would be interesting to go back there! Very close to the New Paradise Street Bus Depot and Liverpool One. Nicely tucked away within the warehouse area. Should be ace!

curlystranger
1 post

Posted:
Hi. Great to meet you all last night. Just had a little skim through this thread. Sorry I didn't mention as well as the aerial dance the space will also be used for pole dancing. Lots of people get the wrong idea, thinking we're a bunch of lappies in bikinis. I've been teaching on Dale street for a few years now, if you're curious our website is ioisis-poledance.co.uk there's also a myspace .../ioisis. These might give you a better idea of what it's like.

I'm moving to the parliament street site, to have more room and get a space for all sorts of dancers to have space, and also with a view to arrange aerial sessions with community groups, and hopefully give people a chance to try stuff which isn't very accessible in Liverpool at the mo. More than anything a space for people who love what they do, and want to share it.

I've just got back from the building site. We're meant to have access from the 1st october, but without being pesimistic, it still looks like there's a lot of work to be done.

I haven't cleared it with the landlords yet, but thinking of outdoor space for the fire, the building has roof access, which you can go out on. If that came off it could be amazing, it's got like big views accross liverpool/the mersey.

Any way, just wanted to say hi.

A

Page: ...