Page: ......
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
https://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?c...=185&up.y=1

Where it says "Coll", and there's a pond, that's quite a large ground owned by the University.

The green road if Smithdown, btw.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
And you reckon thats better than Sefton Park? I dont really know the area well enough to recognise anywhere on the map tho.

How will we be able to use Uni ground, does anyone here go to Uni of Liverpool?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

DizzyWaternewbie
15 posts

Posted:
You do know that Liverpool Uni has it's own juggling club? I'm sure they know places you could meet. You don't have to be a lpool student to join either.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Well im at JMU - I looked for one, but had no luck. Ill go ask at the guild at some point.

The girl I met the other day who spins poi has said shes coming tonight, which is cool, she spins for a job, I met her spinning outside a club so she might be able to help anyone whos looking to find a job!

So who else is coming this evening?

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! My giant stick broke!!! In two!!! My stick broke in two!!! ubbcrying

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
ill come to the next meet but im still unsure as to when etc it is confused

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Dunno when the next one is, but tonights is now!

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
eek i cant sorry frown but will on the next one ubbangel

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Burkeynewbie
12 posts

Posted:
Crap, am I missing the one in Sefton Park now? I thought it was next week...
Any ideas/suggestions when the next one will be?

Crisps crisps crisps yum yum

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Flame Boy

And you reckon thats better than Sefton Park? I dont really know the area well enough to recognise anywhere on the map tho.

How will we be able to use Uni ground, does anyone here go to Uni of Liverpool?

It's not better than Sefton Park, but if you don't want hassle from the chavs, it's a quite ideal place.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Sorry about the total lack of organisation in any shape or form for last night. We'll def have another meet very soon.

I was the only HOPper there, there was another 4, one of whom doesn't actually spin, he just loves watching and wants to be out manager/promoter if we were to set up a troup.

The spot we were on (in Sefton Park) was good, we didnt get hassled by anyone. We were on a patch of grass surrounded by trees and bushes that also had a pavilion......it could well have been a bowles green, but it was too dark to tell (and the pavilion was great cos it rained all night!).

One of the guys is at Cathedral Campus and says its fine to spin fire there (whereas at Liberty Park you cant cos Keith is a nob!).

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: DizzyWater

Hmmm... There were a lot of people on Sat and they were terrorised by a few children and a ball!

Sefton Park is lovely and all that, but you never can tell who's lurking about. Same as anywhere really. But less chance of a group of kids coming along outside Liverpool. Not just saying that coz I live on the Wirral, I lived in Liverpool for 5 years wink

Feel like I have to say something in defense of Liverpool, not everywhere is full of scallies. Lot's of normal non-scally people live here too, like me for instance!
I am part of a Tai Chi group and they meet every week during summer in Sefton Park near the Palm house and never have any trouble.

Sorry, don't mean to offend just get a little upset at all the abuse that Liverpool gets.

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
-Calvin

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Could we do another meet at Sefton Park then, seeing as the first one went down so well? How are people fixed for one night next week?

Wednesday would be good for me because I might be heading there anyway to catch up with some friends later on. If another night is better though for other peeps I don't mind at all! Just be good to meet up and hopefully I'll have some glo poi by then.

weavesmiley biggrin

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
-Calvin

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Im a bit stuck for Tuesday and Wednesday nights cos I have rehearsals fro my show, but a monday might be better? Just my 2c

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hezzy

Written by: DizzyWater

Hmmm... There were a lot of people on Sat and they were terrorised by a few children and a ball!

Sefton Park is lovely and all that, but you never can tell who's lurking about. Same as anywhere really. But less chance of a group of kids coming along outside Liverpool. Not just saying that coz I live on the Wirral, I lived in Liverpool for 5 years wink

Feel like I have to say something in defense of Liverpool, not everywhere is full of scallies. Lot's of normal non-scally people live here too, like me for instance!
I am part of a Tai Chi group and they meet every week during summer in Sefton Park near the Palm house and never have any trouble.

Sorry, don't mean to offend just get a little upset at all the abuse that Liverpool gets.

And I dont meen to offend you, but, Dizzy lived in Kensington and I lived in Toxteth (off Upper Warrick St)

And it is a sh1t hole, and I wouldnt move back if you paid me!

szigetBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
I'm up for a meet in sefton, or anywhere around there. I go Liverpool uni but not in the halls, doubt they'd mind you playing out the back of greenbank halls but Sefton would be fine too,

When are people free next week, think I could only do Fri or Sat. Around 2-3 on sat {22nd} would be perfect for me but depends what anyone else can do??

Burkeynewbie
12 posts

Posted:
I can't do Friday or Saturday that week frown gotta go to godam Shrewsbury. Pleh.

Crisps crisps crisps yum yum

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: Spyder

And I dont meen to offend you, but, Dizzy lived in Kensington and I lived in Toxteth (off Upper Warrick St)

And it is a sh1t hole, and I wouldnt move back if you paid me!

Sorry but I think it's a bit crap dissing Liverpool when this is supposed to be a forum about having a meet here! As a scouser I am very offended.
I am involved with a re-enactment group and we regularly do shows on the Wirral where we get pestered by just as many idiots and wierdos. One of the worst incidents we have ever had was on Arrowe Park, but we are sensible enough to know that not everywhere and everyone over there is the same. I am not saying Liverpool doesn't have it's problems but so does anywhere! It does also have a lot of good points.
Kensington and Toxteth do happen to be two of the roughest inner city areas so you can't judge the whole city by them. What about nice areas like Aigburth and Lark Lane, Sefton Park, Allerton Road, Woolton, Childwall, beautiful theatres, galleries, architecture, cafes, bars etc, etc, etc...

frown confused

-Calvin

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Sorry. Despite the tomfoolery we had last time, i'll still stand by Liverpool as being a good place.

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hezzy

Sorry but I think it's a bit crap dissing Liverpool when this is supposed to be a forum about having a meet here! As a scouser I am very offended.
I am involved with a re-enactment group and we regularly do shows on the Wirral where we get pestered by just as many idiots and wierdos. One of the worst incidents we have ever had was on Arrowe Park, but we are sensible enough to know that not everywhere and everyone over there is the same. I am not saying Liverpool doesn't have it's problems but so does anywhere! It does also have a lot of good points.
Kensington and Toxteth do happen to be two of the roughest inner city areas so you can't judge the whole city by them. What about nice areas like Aigburth and Lark Lane, Sefton Park, Allerton Road, Woolton, Childwall, beautiful theatres, galleries, architecture, cafes, bars etc, etc, etc...

frown confused

Hez, have you lived anywhere else?

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

helen_melen_mousenewbie
15 posts

Posted:
hi people,
feel like ive walked into a touchy subject!
just wanted to say hello.
Hello!
Been looking for people to spin poi with for ages! none of my mates are really into it. Go to sefton park sometimes, So if any of you guys do another meet there i'd love to come and meet you all! weavesmiley

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Crikey peeps, whats all this negative energy about, its not good for my computer wink

All im gonna say is that I dont know of a single place (especially cities) that dont have really dodgy parts, but in just the same way they all have really groovy parts too, you've just gotta find 'em biggrin

Now thats sorted, I reckon we should meet up every day, all day! Whos up for it? ubbloco

lemmingladyGOLD Member
63 posts

Posted:
I've been plagued all week so not been checking the forums etc.. and I get back to find chaos!

I want another Liverpool meet!!!!
Also just for the record... I've lived in Liverpool, Coventry, Stourbridge and spent alot of time in Essex n Norfolk and out of all the places.. (i'm going to sounmd like a tyeenager saying this but,,,) LIVERPOOL ROCKS
(//Poses in a rock like way)

I'd love to stay here and be normal....

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: Alien_Concept

Hez, have you lived anywhere else?

Certainly have, lived in Runcorn, Frodsham and Southampton. Also have friends in many different places, lot's of them love this city!

Anyway, let's leave it there, I didn't want to start a full scale issue or anything. I was just hoping that us local spinners could be able to arrange a meeting (now that we have found each other thanks to HOP) without unhelpful comments about Liverpool.

I don't want this negative stuff either. ubbcrying
Anyone still up for Sefton Park? confused

-Calvin

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
bounce me smile

Creater of Jenisms(TM)

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i never get to use the word 'liverpudlian' ever.
it's a shame, really.
smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
That is a shame frown

So when are we meeting?
Mondays not good
Tuesday after 6ish
Wednesdays good
Thursday after 6-7ish
Fridays good

Come on, someone be assertive and name a time, I need to learn more tricks pronto devil

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
I have spoken to Liverpool juggling club, and they told me they stopped having meeting 6 months ago, the next nearest one is Ellsmere Port Juggling Club (details to follow shortly).......

As for Wirral jugging club, we are still in search of a GOOD venue, again details to follow shortly....

Flame BoyGOLD Member
veteran
1,508 posts

Posted:
Why dont we just create our own club... and give it a better name than simply The-Place-We-Live Juggling Club!

Id quite like to meet on thursday, because ill already be Sefton Park before hand biggrin

helen_melen_mousenewbie
15 posts

Posted:
boo for liverpool juggles club!
boo for stuff i have to do! i cant meet up at all this week or next

but when i am back in the land of scouse i will make it my mission to meet some of you!

HezzyMember
15 posts

Posted:

Yay for having our own club!

Ok, for me...
Mon not good.
Tues ok after 6ish
Wed v.good after 6ish
Thurs ok after 6ish
Fri, could be ok after 6ish (maybe not all Fridays).

How is everyone else fixed, is Wed/Thurs looking good?
weavesmiley bounce2

-Calvin

Page: ......