Page: ......
ArythSILVER Member
in a beautiful daze....
134 posts

Posted:
After Immence pressure from liquid_bubblegum this is now the thread for the Liverpool meets the first of which;

1st October 2005 @ 2 o'clock, meeting at Lime Street Station and then moving over to the pierhead for some nice dockside spinning.

Hopefully followed by a drink and a dance at the Krazyhouse.

So who's there?????

EDITED_BY: Aryth (1126708098)

Whatever happened to my green and pleasant land?

the_mods_stole_my_nameSILVER Member
travelling without moving
1,286 posts

Posted:
i cant come this wed or thurs cos i'm working both nites, i'm defo gonna try my best to get out next week tho. i still haven't met any HOPers, so it will be nice to put faces to the names.

Heilige Scheiße, Batman kommt!

Reality is just a state of mind which occurs through a lack of lsd

XxX owned by devilsarmy XxX

O.B.E.S.E.

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
So who's goin to Africa Oye in sefton park this Sat?
We'll be playing fire and stuff so if your around say hi!

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
Hi all how was Sefton Park this weekend then? Yorkshire was sunny. I feel sick having eaten too much cake and not done quite enough climbing this weekend! Managed to set fire to my hair with poi... err yeah IDIOT!

Couple of questions... is anyone spinning in Liverpool this Wednesday? I'll be working in L'pool till around 19.30 so would be keen to meet up after...

ALSO is anyone going to the PLAY festival, when are you leaving this neck of the woods and how are you getting there?

That's all folks!

Hope to see you all soon!

Have fun Debs

1,286 posts

Posted:
hey, i went to the african festival on saturday, unfortunately, i was babysitting my 2 year old neice aswell. i did take my sock poi, but didnt get a chance to spin whilst looking after her. i only saw one person spinning during the time i was there, somebody spinning blue and pink tail poi, was that you spyder?

O.B.E.S.E.

gary.barrstranger
21 posts

Posted:
nope, I was juggling balls and clubs until dark, then fire breathing.
We were sat by and in the rickshaws, if you seen them.
Crackin weather for it on sat as well, didnt do the sunday twas rainin frown

Great weekend over all smile

1,286 posts

Posted:
i didnt get a chance to walk around, if i did i probably would have seen you, but instead i met some friends and we were just sat right by the main stage. i would have liked to have moved further from the stage so that i had room to spin.
i'm gutted, i cant make the wed nite meet AGAIN! and i cant make the juggling club this week either!

O.B.E.S.E.

sarahcarter87BRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
hey debs! the move went smoothly thanks lol all in one trip yay this is what we like haha!

that juggling club sounds fun although I am absolutly rubbish at jugglin for some reason lol aaaarrrhhh nevermind! well I will try an make myself available to come up if there are any meets soon! see u all soon

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
Glad the house move went well Sarah!

I'm just off to work now won't have computer access so I guess there's no point asking if anyone is going out to play tonight as I won't see the reply till tomorow!

I'll swing by the usual venue on my way home and see if anyone is there... unless I can't find my way there from West Derby, or if I'm recked after work...

Then I'm off to the PLAY festival tomorow- Yeah! Hope to see some of you lot there!

Have fun Debs

13 posts

Posted:
thanks!too rainy for me lol I am knackered to excuses excuses! I know nevermind!!

gothicmember
29 posts

Posted:
hey hows the spinning life \m/(>_<)\m/ aint really been to any meets for a while just been practising with friends n learning new arts, am free most nights so if yea bored n just wanna spin am always around :-) i dont come on here much its easier to catch me on msn ...zerokool8963@hotmail.com L8r's

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
Just back from PLAY today, had an absolutely great time. Will defo be back there again next year!

Great to see some of you guys there- Lowan, David and Jeff, was more than impressed that I managed to recognise you all as I've only met you guys once! Andy (Flamer) I thought you were going too? Were you there and did I just not see or recognise you???

Not sure quite what was the highlight of the festival for me- there's too much to choose from, although major smiles were- having a go on the trapeeze. I really impressed myself with that one! Loved the whip cracking and acrobalance too. The world record attempt of largest choreographed fire spin was brilliant to be part of... is it all offical now does anyone know?

It was great to meet up with friends we'd made at the BJC and of course to make new ones!

Hope the weather is good on Wednesday as when I finish work at 21.30 I'll be coming out to play! Didn't make it last week after work for a number of reasons- forgot to take a change of clothes and my poi to work (idiot!) not to mention the fact that I broke the car on the way home!!

Have fun Debs

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
WHERE IS EVERYONE??????? It's all gone very quiet here is anyone out there? Is anyone comming out to play tonight?????????

Have fun Debs

1,286 posts

Posted:
it is soooooo quiet in here, think i might settle down and go to sleep.
anybody going to the HUB festival at otterspool this weekend? i'm gonna go probably both days, and defo takin my poi. If you see a fat guy with black and white stripey sock poi, come say hi!!!! biggrin weavesmiley

O.B.E.S.E.

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
"If you see a guy with black and white stripey soc poi come and say hi"
Hey idancelikeatwatme are you refering to yourself or is that just general advice that we should all say hi to any guy we see with black and white stripey poi????!

Unfortunately I'm not going else I would have made it my mission to say hi to everyone with said poi!!

Anyway have fun and I hope loads of folk come and say hi! I've no idea what I'm doing this weekend, hopefully get my car back to working order today? Was thinking of climbing tomorrow but have just seen a very discouraging forecast- boo hoo!

SOOOO... what about next Wednesday guys anyone comming out to play- oh say yes PLEEEASE say yes!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Have fun Debs

1,286 posts

Posted:
so, did anybody go to the hub? i only managed to get there on sunday, was in time for the breakdancing finals and a good spinning session on my tod. i only spotted 3 other people spinning, don't know if it was anybody from here though?

O.B.E.S.E.

13 posts

Posted:
Hiya people! Not really had chance to get on here much lately, and defenatly haven't been able to get out to spin anywhere other than my back garden so much on at the mo an that! Really want to get down there an spin really soon though! I am moving into a house down smithdown at the begining of sept so I will defentaly be around to spin alot more!

Hope everyone is well an I hope to meet some of u guys soon!

Sarah x

Outdoor DebsMember
29 posts

Posted:
You're moving again Sarah? Thought you only just moved to St Helens? Is it that the excitment of the St Helens' poi spinning scene has just got too much for you and you have to move on?! We should try to meet up before you're a bit further up the road!!

I can't make it this Wednesday as I'd hoped as I'm going on a picnic after uni (yep I'm one of those mad types who picks a course which requires you go into uni during the hols!) Let's hope the weather stays good!

Let's all finally meet up soon though eh?

Have fun Debs

13 posts

Posted:
hiya! I am from st helens debs so I moved home from liverpool until my new house contract started so I am movin back to liverpool into the house lol I know all confusing! lol

Yeah I will try an let people know when I can meet up as I am workin a hell of a lot at the mo to get money to pay for things lol like rent an all that lol u know nothin important hehe

Hope to meet u soon would imagine me an catt will be up spinnin soon hehe bye

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I would love to come out for a spin sometime! Got myself a fire staff as well so it would bee good if someone could give me some pointers. Most students went back home for the Summer and the sun sets really late. Things should pick up again when uni starts.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I havent posted on here for waaay too long! I am still alive... yes yes.. and I really want to get spinning with you guys again. Ahhh.. the fire staff Lowan.. good choice my friend.. haha. I will be more than happy to give you some pointers.. we should meet up soon!

Fire Staff £27, Paraffin £10... setting yourself alight, Priceless!

13 posts

Posted:
yay I am really lookin forward to some meets around mid sept when I am back in the house with my lovely house mates yay!!! I really need to practice more ahell of a lot more will be out if there are a some in sept promise smile

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Anyone from Liverpool want to go to the last ever Falmouth? Its going to be somewhere in the cornwall area. Its going to be on a weekend between 14-17th of Sept, right before uni starts! Over a 100 firespinner on a campsite right next to a beach! Personally, I can't think of a better way of chilling out and getting yourself for a new academic year!

Info here: https://mxaxd.wikispaces.com/

I will be driving down so sign up for a seat quick! Its going to happen before you know it so don't we need to get something sorted early.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I'm so coming.... count me in. I will book the time off work tomorrow. How many spaces do you have in your car? I think my mate Danny might wanna come too.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I have a friend or two who is still undecided. I will get back to you in a week or so. And you need to be 100% sure, someone dropped out after giving me his word and I had to find replacement the day before the trip. How is that for being considerate? ubblol

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I am definatly 100%. I havent been away from here for ages and it sounds like the perfect opertunity. Count me in for sure. You'll have to get back to me.. haha. Thanks.

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Any news on the lift situation Lowan?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
You have two seats in the car if the Manchester bus goes belly up. I think someone need to step up and get the ball rolling. It will cost something like £40 per head for the 24 seater, thats half of what you pay for the train and its going to get you straight to the camp site.

I wouldn't mind driving but it is a quite a chore. footinmouth

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
Cool man... it would be good if the coach works out though. Is that £40 for each way?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
According to what Bubbles' posted, I think its £40 both ways!
EDITED_BY: Lowan (1156003626)

=Flamer=member
192 posts

Posted:
I've been following the Manchester thread and it looks like we might be taking your car! Haha. I'm more than happy to put money towards petrol. We'll just have to organise when and where to meet etc.. to start the journey.

Page: ......