Forums > Social Chat > A question for the ladies (guys - dont bother reading this)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
hey chicks
I'm just about to go back on the pill as without it I feel like a stressed teenager. so is it just me - does the pill have a placebo effect on moods, or does it really help with "female problems"?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Written by: Seb

Golly. Noone oughta lose that much blood. :is very shocked:

Doctor Karl (has anyone outside Australia heard of him?) says the pill can make lasses subconsiously like the smell of lads who geneticly are very similar to themselves rather than geneticly different cos it mimickssome of the effects of pregnancy, so going on it when you've got a lad (or a lass for that matter I guess, I don't know what the effects pheremone wise'd be there) could make for a romantic hiccup. [/quote

That is the biggest piece of bullsh!t I've heard in a LONG time...

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna defer to the good doctor then, as you actually know about this kind of thing. How's it all work (and what's a UID coil), anyhow?

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
just another thing that hasnt been mentioned yet -
the pill can trigger migraines in people - which no1 told me until i had been taking it for 2 years and suffered with them really badly - so its something to avoid if you're already a sufferer.
I also know many people(including myself) who became seriously depressed whilst on depo-provera as well as having chronic mood swings (mine so bad it ruined a great relationship)
i got implant which saved me from my monthly hell for the last three years - and then i decided to give my body a couple of months break from hormones as i havent had a period in 5 years.....BIG MISTAKE.just rang the docs to arrange a new implant asap.
But seriously speak to your family plannning nurses - they tend to be pretty up to date
Becs x

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
Written by: lozzley bear

i've heard that your libido can disappear with depo provera, same with the implant?

dunno about depo provera,but as for the implant,n my personal opinion it has actually greatly increased my libido.....anyone else?

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
Written by: maus

dunno about depo provera,but as for the implant,n my personal opinion it has actually greatly increased my libido.....anyone else?

ditto

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Just had my second load of Depo Provera jammed into my butt cheek with a big needle...

I found for the first 2 weeks after the first one my appitite went crazy. I could eat 10 bags of walkers in one sitting ubblol I had no libido what-so-ever, my mother reffered to me as 'godzilla' and I had really bad pains in my ovaries..but that all cleared and besides having the weirdest month long periods (to be expected), everything is fine.

But I have a question...does smoking affect the reliability of it?

The nurse yesterday told me that '15 a day was too much to have the injection' and didn't elaborate at all...

Any advice?
EDITED_BY: *Aimée* (1135083283)

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
give up smoking biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Besides that wink

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Hmm...so I've been a little while now on this depo pro vera..

Can honestly say the only good thing that as come out of it is stopping menstration!

After the last jab, when I was in a fragile state of mind anyway, it just turned me upside down.
I was so so sad all the time, and it was a different type of sad. Sad that is there all the time and wont go away.
I was really mean and angry with people for reasons in my head at the time that were completely rational.
A couple of weeks later and I've realise what a complete and utter [censored] I've been to people frown

So after nearly a year of mood swings, feeling really depressed, a major increase in weight, and a pregnancy scare (due to a mathmatical error on the nurses part eek) I'm packing it in..
Just gotta sit and wait for this load of chemicals to be rinsed of my body! frown

Page: