Forums > Technical Discussion > Serious issue - behave! Bossomy women and spinning problems

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Ok - so, I've measured out my sock poi properly and I even took away one inch to allow for my cleavage - however, an inch wasn't enough.

What do overflowing women do with this issue? I've seen Armored Raven perform with a corset-type halter than seemed to help "keep them out of the way" - is this the only option? there's also the issues of comfort.
If I have to wrap myself up like a sausage, I want to be able to breath - any suggestions for pattern designs (if I make something) or for something that I can buy that'll help? I could just bind myself underneath my top or buy a sport bra, you think?

I'd rather not make my poi shorter, they're already tiny for my petite arms, taking away another inch or two will make them spin too fast for me, at the moment, anyway.

thankx

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
rofl, I can actually imagine that.

A bit of vavavoom, eh?

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Exactly.

Women were given these 'talents' for a reason. Take advantage and use them to the best of your abilities!

wink

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Join O.B.E.S.E..

and dont forget to send a pic of the O.B.E.S.E to the boss!

passing through, this world still lives.

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
You're a girl then Circus? Okay, considering the context that's a stupid question. Congratulations, girls rock rather a lot.

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
Oh, and just in case you haven't worked the shortening into your routine yet, the easiest way is to start with a normal reverse spin. As it comes around, let it wrap your hand. You can do a partial wrap (if your poi are shorter) by letting it half wrap your hand and come through your poi grip fingers (such as index and middle, or middle and ring fingers), which isn't so easy to pull off at first. Or you can let it full wrap your hand and control it with index and thumb (probably best method for buzzsaw).

Hope that helps.

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

Elemental666GOLD Member
45 posts

Posted:
boob wraps? anyone? come on, give it a shot!

seriously, buzzsaw on your back, ie. lay down and do it...

then break out into a butterfly or ttn and make it go under you for a beat, like jumping rope... fun big breasty moves fer sher :P

Um yeah, I"ve got several "gifted" female friends that spin and they do the corset, ace bandage, tight sports bra thing... cept when they spin nekkid, then they just play it safe... but thenyou don't need fancy moves when your spinning nekkid...

GURLZ RULE!

XerxesDittomember
36 posts

Posted:
Written by: Lecture_Theatre_C

I like the Idea of using 'bustyness' to your advantage. I call it 'Spinning like a Whore'...

It's quite popular in some circles, and of course, some people have a natural talent for it...

Was Aimee not spinning in that style?

Fear is the mind-Killer...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Indeed she was!!

I might start a new thread, but I'm scared of offending people... Ah, what the hell, if it does offend anyone, it can always be deleted...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

XerxesDittomember
36 posts

Posted:
Did you ever check out the photos that I took when you were down?

Fear is the mind-Killer...

littlecatkinGOLD Member
19 posts

Posted:
Ultimate tip for the bosomly challenged:
don't use a push up bra, and lift your arms higher, it's more tiring, but it works for me!

faith enfireBRONZE Member
wandering thru the woods of WI
3,556 posts

Posted:
so it isn't spinning poi
but how are you supposed to contact staff with talent

Faith
Nay, whatever comes one hour was sunlit and the most high gods may not make boast of any better thing than to have watched that hour as it passed

AmathriaGOLD Member
Untouchable Coffee Goddess
17 posts

Posted:
Okay, so I've seen a lot of "shorten your poi" "learn to hand wrap" in response to this. I have to admit, I have a small chest and therefore can do a buzzsaw with full length poi.

However! In hoping I could possibly help, I asked my sister (who puts me to shame in the 'ladies' department) what she does when she rides horses. She said that doubling up on sports bras helps keep them in and out of the way. I know it wont help completely, but I have been told that it is not nearly as uncomfortable as wearing a corset (which she also does on occasion.) And I'm positive that it wont be as uncomfortable as nailing yourself with your poi.

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Let's play funny/not funny!!!

FUNNY: Pointing out the D-cup plus Under Armour minimizer compression sport bra and gawking...

NOT FUNNY: Buying them and swearing by the lovely inventions like myself!!!

Support is key but even with that I alter my movement and abandon anything that exacerbates back problems and clearance issues. No shame in it what so ever, work with nature not against it. smile

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

EpitomeOfNoviceGOLD Member
Putting the "FUN" in fundamental since 1981
787 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: littlecatkinUltimate tip for the bosomly challenged:
don't use a push up bra, and lift your arms higher, it's more tiring, but it works for me!

LOL if you can fit into a push up bra you clearly don't have as much issues as you could. They don't make much push-ups above a standard D cup for good reason and nothing above a DD cup.

~Rock on!~

"As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle, being swept along is no longer enough"-Waking Life

(All you RLers this is epitome_of_lame *waves hello*)

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
Originally Posted By: faith enfireso it isn't spinning poi
but how are you supposed to contact staff with talent

improve it... I only say: Linda Farkas ubblove

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

Page: