Forums > Technical Discussion > Serious issue - behave! Bossomy women and spinning problems

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Ok - so, I've measured out my sock poi properly and I even took away one inch to allow for my cleavage - however, an inch wasn't enough.

What do overflowing women do with this issue? I've seen Armored Raven perform with a corset-type halter than seemed to help "keep them out of the way" - is this the only option? there's also the issues of comfort.
If I have to wrap myself up like a sausage, I want to be able to breath - any suggestions for pattern designs (if I make something) or for something that I can buy that'll help? I could just bind myself underneath my top or buy a sport bra, you think?

I'd rather not make my poi shorter, they're already tiny for my petite arms, taking away another inch or two will make them spin too fast for me, at the moment, anyway.

thankx

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
haha... just keep practising... you can work round them! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
lol! thanks smile around them, literally, is a good idea smile

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
more btb, btl moves!
or take up staff!
failing that, you could just talk in exclamation marks!
like me!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
socks stretch - remember that! my favourite sock poi are my 4 year old's cotton/lycra mix tights. the cotton gives a good grip, whilst the lycra makes them nice and stretchy. also they're not too long, good for things like buzzsawing!

go buy a pair and chop the legs off!!!

happy spinning!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Brian:-)BRONZE Member
stranger
37 posts

Posted:
For a small fee I will stand behind you, reach around and hold them out of the way. Just don't do too much swinging behind your back. hug2

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

Vix manages (though I have no idea how!?)

I personally think that breasts are responsible for there being fewer female contact staff spinners than male, and for inside / atomic / barrel-roll type stuff being much mroe difficult for us!

On the plus side - do a few btb moves (or crossers - so I'm told!) and nobody will notice your poi wink

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
lol! you guys (and gals) are great.

Well, I decided that I'll just make a cozy, snug top to wear whilst poi-ing and I'll be done with it.

In the meantime, it's sportbra city :?

Thanks everyone.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
where the hell is ucof? a thread dedicated to bountiful boobs and he's nowhere in sight!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
smile

I've been on my best behaviour....

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
Lol @ UCOF - yes you have, congratulations biggrin

Fluffy - as far as not as many chicks spinning. I have no idea - it's perfect for me. I've seen videos of Armored Raven (incredible- she makes it look so easy and graceful and seductive) and through my chainmaille connections I've met others chicks who spin, too. (Like Enchantress - much support from her, she's the one who pointed me here to get going with my poi)

I was surprised, actually, when I found out that so many guys did this. *shrug* having been introduced to it by women, I assumed is was dominated by women. - Shocker.

I've seen only a few females perform via videos. (spinning poi!!)...women compared to men: Women seem to be more graceful, though the men seem enamored with pulling off tricks. Women seem to belly dance a bit while the guys put all of their movements into their poi/staff/etc. Nothing wrong with any of that - it's just the nature of the beast, I presume smile

Fire and Cleavage! smile
Fire and Brawn! smile

"I'm your Huckleberry."

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Yeah poi is for girlies. nana

That's why I just ignore it when sooo many guys are totally graceful elegant skillful sensitively delicate and deliciously beautiful about it... its just wrong wink

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Kyle McLeanBRONZE Member
Living it up
363 posts

Posted:
eek eek eek
From the 3 boys in the house!
wink ubblol

Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Hi Kyle!
Would you like a cup of tea?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
What kinda moves are you having problems with??? xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think it would be something like buzzsaw and btbww (behind the back waistwraps) stuff.

mmmmmmmm...... btbww ubblove

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to do a 2 hand-figure eight sort of thing...arms straight out and parallel - left once, right once...left, right...etc etc...and I hit myself every time I come through the center.

if that move has a real name, please tell me smile if not then I'll be fore to call it a double-eight.

buzzsaw - I can do if I wrap my straps around my hand once before I go into it...

low turn and tuck turn - anything that involves crossing arms over the chest tightly smile .. I'm doing a little better, though - if I arch my shoulders forward a tad it gives me an extra inch or two.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
erm, that figure-8 move you're describing may be the 2-beat chase?

if not, i don't understand what you're describing then frown

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
lol! there you go - that makes more sense smile

"I'm your Huckleberry."

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
Oh, just noticed. The thing with the buzzsaw.
I think most people wrap it round their hands anyway, otherwise they risk smacking themselves in the face when it comes round.
Either that or my poi strings are way too long...

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
ok smile so it's not just me, I was gonna say - some of you people take some serious chances - buzzsawing with you poi fully extended. 8D or you have some seriously long arms!

"I'm your Huckleberry."

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
I'll look forward to Saan finding this thread...tried a buzzsaw with tails yet Julie?

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

thelostSILVER Member
355 posts

Posted:
I have...the tails feel like they're cutting you everytime they fly by my face...every 1/4 of a second! ubbcrying

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
btbww and stuff like that it just helps if you turn your hips as you do it.

Buzzsaw pretty much has to be done with shortened poi... but you can work wrapping them around your hands into your routine as you spin (Is routine the right word?) xxx

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: Julie2022

I've been trying to do a 2 hand-figure eight sort of thing...arms straight out and parallel - left once, right once...left, right...etc etc...and I hit myself every time I come through the center.

is [Old link] what you're talking about??
biggrin

wind the poi around ur hands once - that helps with the buzzsaw ubbrollsmile

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
so -figure eight sweeps it is! Thank you much smile

"I'm your Huckleberry."

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Yey, I'm not the only one who has these problems then! I find that when learning the btb weave the strings can snag my boobs (yes they do stick slightly outwards). Trying to learn the watermill and buzzsaw flowers is a real pain. Plus many other moves I can't remeber.

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Julie2022member
145 posts

Posted:
I suppose that the actual size does count - there's not in the way, kind of in the way and really in the way. I'd call mine to be kind of in the way - your height maters to, in such a situation - shorter arms take away how much room you have to work with.
If I was 5'6" ... I wouldn't have as many problem. However, I'm just 5' - I'm a squirt.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
eugh, mine get in the way ALL THE TIME..

Rick aka LokiBRONZE Member
134 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I've got the same problem with the.. ah.. trusty sidekicks. Yep. Get much older and I'll have to start wearing a sling...

Like Vixen said, learn to wrap and unwrap around the hands in the middle of your routine, build it in, then save the (ahem) risky moves for the periods when the chains/ropes/socks are shorter.

My typical street routine starts at full length, I shorten, lengthen, then finish short.

If you can build body and arm movements around the 'ole "wrap and grab" moves, you won't have to break your flow.

Cheers,

Rick

-Rick aka Loki
oh, man, a signature?... uuh... this is like coming across wet cement... uuh, shoot, I had something clever I was saving... I hope I don't run out of sp

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
I like the Idea of using 'bustyness' to your advantage. I call it 'Spinning like a Whore'...

It's quite popular in some circles, and of course, some people have a natural talent for it...

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Page: