Login/Join to Participate
Page: 123
animatEd
animatEd

1 + 1 = 3
Total posts: 3540
Posted:Hello. wave

I'm Starting this thread for two reasons:

1) I'm fed up of asking people how they take their tea. I think it would be better to have a sole port of call for tea makers all over the world.

2) It could be interesting. For example, the types of people that take sugar/milk etc...

Anyway, to begin.

I like my tea with milk and two. I like Earl grey tea with milk and two. I like Chai tea as it comes. I'm always willing to try 'different' teas. I like my tea sweet. I think this stems from me being a smoker, as a vast number of smokers I know drink sugar in their tea, and have a bit of a 'sweet tooth'. Not sure of the reason, maybe this thread will find out more...

I do drink coffee, but Tea takes preference. My coffee has to be made in a certain way. Mix the coffee/sugar (two, by the way) in with about half a cup of milk, then add the boiling water afterwards. Somehow it makes the coffee taste so much nicer...

Speaking of tea... I need another cup. biggrin

Anyway, how do you like your tea? Or coffee? or even hot chocolate (gotta remain politically correct these days, equal opportunities and all that). Is there any particular reason for the way you take it (in your opinion)? Do you smoke? Do you have special dietary requirements? Do you take tea this way because when you were younger, your parents took it this way, and you copied?

This *could* be interesting...

EDITED_BY: Loves the Circus (1125223480)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete Topic

Katrina
Katrina

enthusiast
Total posts: 352
Posted:I strongly advise you all read Nicey & Wifey's "nice cup of tea and a sit down" It's a book about having a sit down, a biscuit and a nice cup of tea. Great book. www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com

I am addicted to tea. I make my tea in the mug (bigger the better) as I don't own a tea pot.

I drink my tea weak, making it by just dunking the tea bag up and down several times in the mug before fishing it out. I then add a splash of milk and no sugar.

I think i drink my tea this way as my parents have always drank weak tea. I prefer to taste the tea not the tannin.

As for the no sugar, I've never drank sugar in my drinks. I don't think I could start now as it is not what I associate with the taste of tea. Personally I do not feel this has anything to do with whether I smoke or not.

I will however drink tea however it is made, out of politeness.

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

Delete

Pigeon_Wigeon
Pigeon_Wigeon

Say what?
Total posts: 4760
Posted:I dont smoke either...by the way smile Oh and I like my tea fairly strong... and with semiskimmed cow juice smile

Delete

TinklePants
TinklePants

Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
Total posts: 4217
Posted:i wonder if i had used the word unofficial or official in my tea thread if it would still be here.

*mourns her deleted thread*

frown lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Delete

Red_RaveN
Neo - Hippie
Total posts: 358
Posted:I drink every type of tea differently.. Lemon grass or any other "fake" tea with honey.. Mu tea or yogi or chai as it comes.. Black tea with lots of sugar and ideally with some chocolate to eat.. (darjeeling + chocolate.. yumm..) and I don't drink much green tea.. Dunno why.. : )

As for coffee.. No thanx.. Rather a good foamy cappucino..: )

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Yeah I hate fake tea, they just can't make plastic tea leaves brew any where near as well as real life tea.

I'll take mine the builders way.....well brewed, milky and one sugar please love in the biggest mug you can find. If I'm lucky there may even be a chocolate hob nob involved somewhere biggrin

Talking of which, anyone fancy a cup right now? I'll go ask the bear to put the kettle on and get the teapot warmed

Non-Https Image Link

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

Helz Bellz
lovin' it...
Total posts: 2444
Posted:wow!!! Princess Tea!!!

ubblol

milky tea with no sugar would be ace Dunc. Thankies!!
and a chocolate hob nob would be grand!

hug

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Delete

mech
mech

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6207
Posted:can i have mine string with two please?

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Posted:I asked the bear if he would and aparently I have to speak to his union, it was hard enough negotiating the uniform.......

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Posted:oh and as I've stated many time now in this forum.....coffee is the skank from Satans balls and should be rid from this planet once and for all! It's only slightly worse than Martmite but that's a whole other discussion umm ubblol

Delete

doctor_fandango
doctor_fandango

co-director of A.C.B.I.S.H.A.
Total posts: 761
Posted:i smoke, i adore many teas , smoked, sweetend,herbal.. anything but lyons/barrys/pg tips kinda tea.

i sometimes drink very strong coffee with no milk.. and maybe a little dash of this

There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1, There's no place like 127.0.0.1,

"in most of our friends we're the hippies. but we have hippie friends of our own.. its like a dog having its own pet" - H. Sinoquet 19-03-2005

Delete

simian
simian

110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
Total posts: 3149
Posted:tea is nice

espresso is better. pint of, please.

both with milk and 2 sugars and a smoke, thank you.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

Delete

MrConfused
MrConfused

addict
Total posts: 529
Posted:I'm of the opinion that tea should be black and unsweetened, otherwise all you can taste is sugary milk. Perhaps the fact that I don't like milk has something to do with this. I'm an occasional smoker, only seem to do it around HoPpers for some reason.... umm

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

Delete

Boo_Bunny
Boo_Bunny

Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
Total posts: 933
Posted:I dont drink tea. I dont drink coffee. I dont smoke.

But i do *LOVE* hot chocolate.

How does that fit into you theory?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

Delete

aka rita queen of cheese
aka rita queen of cheese

Total posts: 80
Posted:i have my tea very milky and with to sugars biggrin hug

Delete

Igirisujin
Igirisujin

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2666
Posted:LOL @ the tea bear.

Well I smoked for a while 3 years before I gave up, but back then didnt drink tea or coffee at all.

I went straight to black coffee and stayed with that for a long time (no suger either) but I really only tried to drink cart noir, I never liked the other brands, plus its in a stylish jar.

then I moved onto tea because coffee I find makes my ar pits sweat a little more than usuall. I used to have normal tea (milk and 2 sugars) but then gave up the sugars (and for a short time milk, I might go back to 'black tea' yet) because Ive given up sugar and crap food (so sweets, sugar, chocolate, cake, prescesed food, pizza's and stuff. Occasionaly I'll go to a take away if im out anywhere but not often.

My fav tea is resberry and nettle, but I normally have plain tea with milk, but I really do think im gonna go back to no milk couse I prefer that.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

Delete

thelost
thelost

mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
Total posts: 355
Posted:No...pizzas?! Oh my god the inhumanity!! Then again, i can't really afford to eat pizzas atm..just plain pasta and rice from time to time frown

Other than that it's fine with me too tongue

Oh, er, i take my tea with milk and 1 1/2 sugars (my mug is double the size of a normal mug so it's not as much as you'd think).

I drink a load of other strong chinese teas as well so just hot water with them (parents brought me up on it). Dunno what they are in english shrug

It's better to burn out than to fade away

Delete

Julie2022
Julie2022

Total posts: 145
Posted:Give me some sweet southern tea...

Dark Tea, a bit of raspberry juice, some lemon juice, a touch of orange juice, heavy on the brown sugar...and enjoy smile

I am, though, a coffee addict as well - give me coffee in the morning or give me 2 more hours of sleep! Yes, I will drink from the groin of satan, if thou art mortified, then turn thy eyes!

Tazoberry tea is nice- though it's more fruit juice than tea.

"I'm your Huckleberry."

The muse spake her thought and then there was silence. Thy spiked tongue had melted, only a bitter heart remained.

Delete

Skulduggery
Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
Total posts: 8428
Posted:I wonder if this smoking thing applies to chocolate too.

Do Smokers like milk chocolate that has low cocoa content and more sugar and the non smokers like dark, more bitter chocolate with a high cocoa content?

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:Yeah, i prefer dark chocolate and i don't smoke.

The chocolate bars you get nowadays makes me wanna heave after i've finished one frown

(misread last post so had to re-phrase)

EDITED_BY: thelost_seraph (1125488531)

Delete

NOn
activist for HoPper liberation.
Total posts: 1643
Posted:Written by: thelost_seraph
I drink a load of other strong chinese teas as well so just hot water with them (parents brought me up on it). Dunno what they are in english shrug

ooohhh... chinese teas are the BEST! my friend always used to have a fantastic selection of them, but i never knew what was in most of them anyway, she had miscellaneous flowers and things to add to normal green tea - although not bagged, loose tea... loose tea's gooood.....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Delete

thelost
thelost

Posted:Ah, found on the net some commercial name and the translation is as close as it gets: Iron Buddha Tea

This is by far my favourite, but it's not to everyone's taste because it has quite a bitter flavour (because of the strength of the actual tea). It's a type of Oolong (red) tea.

Delete

Arty Farty
Arty Farty

I wear yellow on monday
Total posts: 551
Posted:I like many teas, but Earl Grey (with lemon, too) and a good ole fashioned PG tip are my favourites

All my tea (except the Earl with lemon) must be severely brewed, one sugar, and a healthy slosh of milk-a splash wont cut it!!

*offers garabaldi biscuits to all*

You'll find me on the dance floor

Delete

Trippie Hippie
Trippie Hippie

old hand
Total posts: 733
Posted:I drink a whole host of teas on a daily basis......all brewed strong enough that you can stand your tea spoon up in without support biggrin with one sugar and a dash of milk, MMmmmmm ubblove , in fact........*wonders off to make yet another brew*
Taking it easy
Trippie

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Delete

jinvincible
jinvincible

king of the hedgehogs
Total posts: 125
Posted:My Irish grandmother started me very young on 3/4 strong black tea, 1/4 milk and several sugars... since I am now all growed up, I usually find one sugar to be sweet enough - but the tea to milk ratio is crucial.

Yellow and blue make green.

Delete

Nucleopoi
Nucleopoi

chemical attraction
Total posts: 1097
Posted:i hate tea!!!

Delete

JonnyRok
JonnyRok

Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
Total posts: 446
Posted:Earl grey is good, with milk and 2-3 sugars (depends on how hyper I am.)

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

Delete

screech
screech

circling on the edge of madness
Total posts: 889
Posted:nato standard is white with 2 and thats how i take mine

however only talking english breakfast as i drink earl grey without sugar and some teas i drink black.

there is a link to smoking most stoners find that milky and sweet tea stops GMS (gammy mouth syndrome)

i know some people who only ever have sugar in their tea when stoned.

finland finland finland
the country where i want to be
pony trekking or camping
or just watching tv

Delete

Lost83spy
Lost83spy

Out! Out! You demons of stupidity!
Total posts: 587
Posted:Earl grey with lemon is good. MMMMMM

Occasionally I'll have green tea, apparently its good for you or sumthin like that. But normally, milk with one sugar.

It may be your sole purpose in life to serve as a warning to others

Founder and Official leader of the Curby Clan

*Owner of Brenn*

Delete

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:tea is evil unless served by a pretty girl....then white with 2 or black with 7.....(mmmm warm doctor pepper taste)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

LMSP
LMSP

veteran

Total posts: 1588
Posted:I don't like tea, I'm a coffee bird myself so shall I go out the way I came?

Delete

Page: 123