Login/Join to Participate
Page:
animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hello. wave

I'm Starting this thread for two reasons:

1) I'm fed up of asking people how they take their tea. I think it would be better to have a sole port of call for tea makers all over the world.

2) It could be interesting. For example, the types of people that take sugar/milk etc...

Anyway, to begin.

I like my tea with milk and two. I like Earl grey tea with milk and two. I like Chai tea as it comes. I'm always willing to try 'different' teas. I like my tea sweet. I think this stems from me being a smoker, as a vast number of smokers I know drink sugar in their tea, and have a bit of a 'sweet tooth'. Not sure of the reason, maybe this thread will find out more...

I do drink coffee, but Tea takes preference. My coffee has to be made in a certain way. Mix the coffee/sugar (two, by the way) in with about half a cup of milk, then add the boiling water afterwards. Somehow it makes the coffee taste so much nicer...

Speaking of tea... I need another cup. biggrin

Anyway, how do you like your tea? Or coffee? or even hot chocolate (gotta remain politically correct these days, equal opportunities and all that). Is there any particular reason for the way you take it (in your opinion)? Do you smoke? Do you have special dietary requirements? Do you take tea this way because when you were younger, your parents took it this way, and you copied?

This *could* be interesting...

EDITED_BY: Loves the Circus (1125223480)

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I like all tea black and sugar free. Putting cow juice in Tea is wrong wrong wrong! spits yuck! No cow juice in tea!

biggrin

Other than that I drink all sorts of tea but at the moment I'm addicted to Yogi teas. In particular the Egyptian Liquorice one, but I like the chocolate one too.

Earl Grey is good too as is green tea but you have to be careful what brand the green tea is as some are utterly vile.

I rarely drink coffee as it makes my heart race. Hot Chocolate is good as long as its Green and Blacks biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Hmmm...

Skully takes No sugar or milk... I *don't think* you smoke, do you skully? In keeping with my theory, that could explain the lack of sugar, but not the lack of milk....

Are you vegan? were you at some stage in your life allergic to milk? I was when I was younger.

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
i like to take my tea with the parson ubblol

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
tea, milk 2 sugars
give me coffee and I shall tip it on your head smile

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
not sure how the parson fits in with my theory... wink

anyway... time to edit the first post...

Be Water My Friend.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
I'm not Vegan and as a child I used to have sugar and milk in my tea but once I started working in a microbiology lab and had to smell milk for taints it put me off milk in tea as I can smell all the milk taints very clearly and it just turns me off drinking it. the only way I can drink milk now is if its ice cold or if its in something like Hot Chocolate because the smell of the cocoa blends with the milk smells and masks the taints.

I gave up sugar because I just grew out of it. It too damn sweet and sickly. I never use sugar at all now. If I need to sweeten something I use honey.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Written by: Skulduggery

I gave up sugar because I just grew out of it. It too damn sweet and sickly. I never use sugar at all now. If I need to sweeten something I use honey.

That's ties in...

Kids like sweet things. Smokers also (apparently) like sweet things. Non-smokers like things with more flavour and less sickly-ness.

I like milk in my tea because I find drinking tea flavoured water isn't that nice. I like it to have some sort of consistency. Also, when I wake up first thing, I usually find eating makes me feel sick, but I'm really hungry. Milk in tea sorts this out a treat!

Be Water My Friend.

Brian:-)BRONZE Member
stranger
37 posts

Posted:
Can I skip back to your coffee making? I think that pouring boiling water on instant coffee spoils it. Your way of mixing it with milk first protects it. At work I will make coffee with water from the kettle that is hot but not boiling. Tea drinkers tell me this is wrong, then go onto put milk in a cup with a tea bag THEN pour on boiling water! Go figure?

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
HOLD ON A MINUTE....

DIDN'T MY POST on this same subject get deleted???

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
Ah, but this has a structure!

I want to see if there is a trend in certain types of people taking their tea in the same way.

Plus your thread ended up as random drivel, and was started off just asking people if they wanted a cuppa.

It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it.

smile

Be Water My Friend.

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
I don't drink tea. Coffee sometimes but not often.
Pigeon takes milk and two tho, incase anyone has to wake her up. I was advised it is best done armed with tea and chocolate biggrin

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
thats exactly what i did, just it had people asking for biccies n stuff!!! *goes off in a huff* lol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
I have my green, or white tea, without milk, or sugar.

I can actually taste the tea that way. smile

Willy - is bad for your health...

animatEdBRONZE Member
1 + 1 = 3
3,540 posts

Posted:
See!! It's all fitting so far!!

I know that tom doesn't smoke, and he has no sugar!!

Be Water My Friend.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
im gonna put an early morning sunday spanner in the works and say that maybe i smoke and most often can be found taking my tea by the pint with milk only.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
has sugar x2ish and milk. smokes.

used to have sugar x2 and milk. didnt used to smoke. was a kid then, though.

I like both coffee and tea, as they both fill different niches smile

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
Cool. smile

I have several cups of "normal" tea a day, with just more than a dash of milk, preferably semi skimmed, with half a teaspoon of sugar, but if i need a suguar boost, a whole spoon is required.

I like to have fairtrade, but coop ripped me off with their fair trade "clipper" tea, and yorkshire tea tastes a tad better for some reason redface

I like the occasional coffe, this tends to need a spoon of sugar, and again just more than a dash of milk.

Again i will smile bigger if its fairtrade coffee wink

I'm up for any other teas, without milk and adding honey and a twist of lemon, but more likely when I have drunk too much tea, or I'm on a diet smile

And, I don't smoke, but I guess I'm a passive smoker, but arent we all at times?

And, yes I used to have a tonne of sugar in my tea and coffee, I remeber also, putting a desert spoon full of sugar on my cornflakes................ eek shocking thaught now, cornflakes are sweet enough with none.

I can also say that things like carrots, are really sweet to the taste, not bitter at all:)
EDITED_BY: jemima (jem) (1125234219)

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I have Earl Grey with milk but no sugar and i am a non-smoker so the theory works so far.

I have green tea strong, chai as it comes but only from a chai tent, chai teabags suck. I have oolong black and very strong and shizandra has to be strong or you cant taste the berries. Oh yeah and yummy assam and lapsang have to be strong as well, cant abide weak teas.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Eark Grey Black if I'm drinking black tea, most of the time I get through 100 cups a week of grren clipper tea, nothing added smile

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I don't drink tea or coffee.

Coffee just tastes horrible, tea tastes ok but takes too much effort, I'll just drink plain water instead.

If I was to drink tea though, I'd throw your predicted results slightly off - I don't smoke but I'd have two sugars.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

NOnactivist for HoPper liberation.
1,643 posts

Posted:
hmmm... is this an exclusive HoPper experiment, because i have noticed that in my current locality a lot of people put milk and sugar in green tea, and drink black tea on it's own... which is weird if you ask me and i have no idea how it fits in with the theory, they also smoke a lot, but i'm talking generally....

i personally though, do not smoke and drink mainly peppermint tea.... and all other types of tea too for that matter, usually without milk, except sometimes when it's nice to have a damn strong cup of normal tea with not too much milk..... coffee i don't drink, if i did, it would need ten sugars....

Aurinko freedom agreement reached 10th Sept 2006

if it makes no sense that's because it's NOn-sense.

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Milky strong coffee as a preference. I am a smoker and i like NO sugar. Too, too sweet. I gave it up in drinks about 4/5 years ago. Can't stand it now.

Assam tea, when i do drink tea - much prefer coffee- again strong and milky with no sugar and i've never tried any fancy stuff, looks a bit weird ubblol

Gayle.....!

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
I only drink coffee and only espresso at that. It might explain why I'm wired to the moon... I also smoke like a train.... Bad me...

Oh, and its pronounces "eh-ss-press-oh" not "ex-press-oh". If I hear one more person say expresso I swear I'm gonna get my cattle prod out and have some fun...

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
Written by: Loves the Circus

Also, when I wake up first thing, I usually find eating makes me feel sick, but I'm really hungry. Milk in tea sorts this out a treat!

nice to know im not the only one like that!

if its normal tea then id have a sweetner tongue and add the milk after, but im fussy - it has to be hot enough but with loadsa milk but really strong, ive only met a couple of peeps who can make a perfect brew wink
if im spoiling myself ill have earl grey, but i also like to drink a lot of twinings, especially blackcurrant, ginseng and vanilla rolleyes very yummy!

but if its coffee then its two sweetners, strong, milky and hot biggrin but i like to get douwe egberts if ive got enough moneys biggrin
and and water goes before the milk tongue because then the milk cools it, well that makes sense to me...

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

marthaMember
37 posts

Posted:
i drink both tea and coffee. i normally drink black or very stong coffee, cappiuno or espresso at work, (cause their easy to make and i dont have to pay for them smile ). i also drink black tea with lemon, on its own, or with a slight drop of milk, also like chai tea.
But i take no sugars and i dont smoke.

ill tell you again, just buy a new one.

TastesLikePurpleGOLD Member
addict
498 posts

Posted:
im a HUGE tea drinker, i love it!ubblove and am happy to say i like my tea strong but milky with NO sugar-it masks the taste of the tea! and since im a non smoker im sure this fits your theory nicely! good work!

Thoughts arrive like butterflies...

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I have mine with milk and half a teapsoon of sugar.

I used to drink heaps of coffee but all of a sudden I stopped. I've recently just started drinking tea.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Incidentally: cure for the hangover tummy:

Chop up some ginger root (a few tablespoons) and boil for about 3-5 minutes in water. Add sugar and/or honey (or your favorite sweetener) to taste and then sip...um...gingerly.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
oh yeah and i forgot to mention i do smoke too smile

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
I strongly advise you all read Nicey & Wifey's "nice cup of tea and a sit down" It's a book about having a sit down, a biscuit and a nice cup of tea. Great book. www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com

I am addicted to tea. I make my tea in the mug (bigger the better) as I don't own a tea pot.

I drink my tea weak, making it by just dunking the tea bag up and down several times in the mug before fishing it out. I then add a splash of milk and no sugar.

I think i drink my tea this way as my parents have always drank weak tea. I prefer to taste the tea not the tannin.

As for the no sugar, I've never drank sugar in my drinks. I don't think I could start now as it is not what I associate with the taste of tea. Personally I do not feel this has anything to do with whether I smoke or not.

I will however drink tea however it is made, out of politeness.

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

Page: