Forums > Social Chat > Anyone from california?

Login/Join to Participate

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I love poi! And am getting pretty good, I have the butterfly, and weave down, and the behind the back butterfly, but I cant get the mexican wave, and am working on the rest. Also, recently at a party, I saw a fellow poi artist, do a 4 point weave, he did the regular first 3 moves, but continued it by, bringing it back by his side, he moved so fast I had no idea how he did, it, but was owndering if anyone else knows how to accomplish this.Btw, im orbital, 17, and am learning poi, and hope to be able to spin fire someday.Thanks,orbital

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Welcome. To answer all of your moves questions I would say search through the threads (you can use the search thing), all of these things have been addressed on here before (they can be hard points for lots of people, you are not alone! smile)To answer the question of location, yes there are lots from California, for the one nearest to you just look through the meet others section, or register yourself in there!Nice to make your acquaintence!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Yup, here, SF. Where in cali are you?

moiravoidmember
8 posts

Posted:
i am from oakland.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Oaktown! Have you met Drake? He frequents this board and lives in Berkeley, I believe. Do you know any of the Burn Unit kids? How's the world in the Beast?

Asydraynemember
2 posts

Posted:
I'm in San Jose.

Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
SF baby ^_^

moiravoidmember
8 posts

Posted:
you know what, i havt really met anyone in oakland that spins. just the death guild at burning man. i feel deprived.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Tsumi! In my own town! Who are you? Who's your crew? How long have you been playing? Am I asking too many questions?Diana

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
We'll have to have a bay area HOP gathering one of these days. Just not in the next six weeks. I'm hardcore working on a show right now...