IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Selector Poi from firetoys

I was wondering if anyone had any comments on these? Im not gonna buy them yet or any time too soon but Im considering them as my next pair of poi whnever that will be. Any good?

Somet im wondering about in particular is the split rings, I found with these they break a little too easily on my own glow poi I have (starburst glow poi). They started to splinter through the balls on mine I have to use persil nets to stop it happening, are they any better on the Selectors?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
No idea really about the Selector Poi's, but i was just wondering, since you have the starburst poi, are they any good? because they're about £10 cheaper than the alternator poi so i don't know if they're actually good or not. When you say the split ring on the ball is splintering through the ball itself, do you mean the split ring is eating into the ball material?

Sorry i'm not helping with your question, but i was thinking of getting a set of starbursts. confused

It's better to burn out than to fade away

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Its more like eating out of the poi, but the chains they come on are nice and short so put the poi inside a persil tablet bag (god how many times have I said that lol) to stop that from happening....erm oh yeah I said so up there hehe!

There not for begginers, the plastic ball is larger than regular poi, and thinner (wich I admit makes for a really great glow) but the balls crack if you hit them together too many times.

Im thinking of covering mine in some sort of clear silacone or something to obsorb shocks....or maybie pour something inside them that will set hard and as transparent as I can find...if such a thing exsists.

Ide say buy a pair couse there cheap and hell you only live once dont you! Take a risk lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
the poi are only 90 gramms, so split rings should cope ok, but you can always replace them with d-links for a few pennies.

havent used them though.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

thelostSILVER Member
mmm...i feel all warm and fuzzy... 'no dude, that's your hair on fire'
355 posts

Posted:
Are D-Links in any way like the triangle links in the HoP shop parts? if not, could you give a link which has a pic? otherwise i have no idea frown

=Lost=

It's better to burn out than to fade away

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
a bit like that but oval shaped instead, most hardware shops here have them if you ask

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Miranda (mewcat)BRONZE Member
queen of all the hipsters
150 posts

Posted:
I have the blue Selector pois and find them really good. I've got mine in stockings as sock poi rather on the chain, though, so the split rings aren't a problem. The glow is excellent and the batteries last well, though. Hope that helps!

to live at all is miracle enough