Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
ok - here's an idea, for next year maybe.

(this is just a suggestion by the way)

I was thinking how cool it would to have a tour of the UK, HoP style - Via coach or something. It may take a few weeks to complete, visiting anywhere easily accessible that has a HoP spinning community.

we could:-

pick up HoPpers along the way

visit HoPpers who can't usually get to any meets (or who can't get time off to join us but still meet everyone)

See this wee island's lovely scenery

and other fine things.

it'll be like a mobile PLAY or a Falmouth on wheels!

from cornwall to the highlands of scotland (or vice versa)

that's my idea, sadly i'm not minted and have no spendable cash so this dream of mine will likely stay a dream.

but it'd be fun though, yeah???

Cheers for looking, anyway!

Tammie. hug ubblove

ps - this is the right place to post this thread is it not?

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
tv is a good one. sell it to them in the right way and you're bound to find a company who would lap it up!

even if it wasn't for sponsorship, it help you raise awareness and probably get more work.

Jake the Juggler

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
good points L_B.

something i think you'd have to avoid would be signing contracts. as soon as you do that you are giving the company more control than they should have, and it means the person who signs is in-charge/responsible/etc which can course unneccessary conflict.

Jake the Juggler

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
this idea started off soooooooo simple, now its all complicated ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

Bubbles_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,384 posts

Posted:
lol i just realised the eyes on your av move ubblol

sorry offtopic

Disclaimer:im not responsible for what i say or do whether it be before,during and after drinking alcoholic substances (owned by BMVC).
Creater of Jenisms(TM)
Virginity like bubble,one prick all gone.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
there's a whole thread about my avatar lol

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
I'm up for this idea, im on a gap year and I am willing to put time on this project (with help!!! biggrin )

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
*sings*
make way for noddy, NODDY ubblol

I'm sure we could hire several minibuses too if this bus malarky falls through

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
i dont like the idea of TV following us

maybe invite them to proformances etc but not turn teh trip into a show

would cause to many issues. also i dont like the idea of having my life narrated tongue

back

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
"...here's L.R's fifth pee break in as many hours...." we could always hire equipment ourselves and film it ourselves! but hell - what do I know? ubblol

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
"this is the 20th time LR has rejoined the bus after being left at a service station"......

back

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Hehehe

Could we get the guy from big brother doing the narrative?

He makes me laugh every time he announces the time biggrin

But yes, I'm totaly up for this.

And then I remember I have school frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
do what i do and don't remember, anyway you could just do it in the summer holidays.

i'm soooooo up for it

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

SdrawkcabBRONZE Member
21 posts

Posted:
Well it seems like its getting a bit harder to sort out, dunno about the tv side of things although think it could be funny.

But i reckon it would change everyone and they would try and tell everyone what to do and where to go.

Still stand by what i said before though if it happens my place will be free.

BTW i already have a beard and tash (just too damn lazy too shave as working nights you dont see many ppl) but i do like my eyebrows lol.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
This does sound like it has the POTENTIAL to be real fun, but unless someone is prepared to devote a LOT of time and effort into it i doubt it'll happen, i hope it does, most of you have seen the effort dunc made for play, well it would be a [censored] load more effort than that needed!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I have loadsa time on my hands, not working at the moment and if it can be done then by gum i'm gonna put all i can into it! biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Cliff Richard is a neccesity.
smile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
we can teach old cliffy poi lol

misstinytinanewbie
22 posts

Posted:
i had a thought about the bus idea last night.......................if we get a bus from a scrap yard im sure there must b a few machanics between us
and people who may work in a shop or a yard who can
lay there hands on a few bits 4 us a little work and
we have 1 hop bus

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Thats an idea but, if something goes wrong while a bunch of us are out there, what happens then? I dont know if buying from a scrap yard would give us the best engine to work with

Filming? It might better if we filmed it ourselves then sent off what we end up with (edited or not) to someone, then we dont need to worrie about the tv side couse we will have control over the tape, they might make a few tweaks here and there but they couldnt have anything in we dont want them too.

(oh im doing it like this couse i cant be notherd pushing the back button and doing the quote thing :P)

How often? Well during the summers holls sounds like a good idea, it only happnes once a year in the summer, anything more regular would mean everyone takeing lots more time off work and thats gonna be tough.

What do we do with the bus afterward: Wait till next summers comes around. Summer sounds better I think couse itle be nice weather!

I got one question, would it be one double deckers bus? Or two singles? (or more whatever)

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
1 double decker would be better but getting hold of anything within a buget will be hard enough so we'd have to go with whats going

back

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
this is a great idea, count me in, the whole tv thing is pretty out there, although it would be good for sponsoring, and it would be good to have shows and performances filmed, and like a home video esque type thing following ourselves around whilst on the bus...i.e tinklecam, shazcam. haha. ok maybe not right, but the tour idea is excellent. x

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
How about a Convoy? Just have a bus, and as many other vehicles, people on Bicycles and Uni's, skateboards attached to rope from the back, just tour like that, pitch up camp around the UK. Fuel is a big bummer, but if its like a Bring-your-own-Transport.

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

Page: