gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Hope everyones cool and what not .

was just wondering if anyone knows where to get cheap but good novelty

contact lenses i.e. cats eyes etc preferably within the uk:confused:.

cheers folks

garbo

be excellent to each other: safe:

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Afraid I don't know where to go either but if you find any with white clouds design can you pm me please?

People always tell me I've got my head in the clouds, it seems somehow fitting to have the clouds in my head!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
https://eyecolor.com/crazylenses.html

Check this site. They have some good stuff, however, they do not really come cheaply. And they shouldn't. It's your eyes. The last thing you want to do is go cheap where your vision is concerned.

You can also try looking into WildEyes, but the site I found for them sucked, so you might want to try an alternate search method, as I know there are several sites on them out there.

With contacts and fire, be very careful. I've seen a few people develope problems with them, and costume contacts do effect your eyes/vision.
You need to wear them in short bursts to get used to wearing them. The color scheme in the iris does actually bleed over into the pupil, so you will see a "rim" of color clouding your peripheral vision, which also needs to be gotten used to. My friend has the cat ones, and once he got used to them, he said he likes them but it can be hard to see at times.
Hope this helps!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
Garbo,
whats ya e-mail adress. I lost it

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Gadget shop of all places.

VAMPIROmember
7 posts

Posted:
https://www.attitude.uk.com/
they sell um there

Though a pretty face is all they seeA tortured sould you are to meJust touch the darkness deep insideWhere all the hidden demons hide

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Alright chief,hows is goin'. long time no read.

garbo@uboot.com

safe boyz

garbo [B][/B]

[ 28 October 2002, 10:18: Message edited by: [garbo] ]

be excellent to each other: safe:

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
I've wanted a pair myself for ages, but didn't want to try any cheap ones. Now these aren't cheap, but if I ever got a pair it would be these:

ultimate contacts

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
wild eyes has cheaper short-term contacts that last a month safely at AU$125. the 1 year ones are less prone to protein buildup (hard lens) cost AU$420 a pair. I needed 2 eye checkups for contacts - one for ym eyesight index, and the other (and very important) is the width of the clear zone for your pupil. too small and it affects your vison, as per Pele's mate. just the right size, and you see clearer than anything.

fuken expensive, and people remember you.
the 2 main questions i get are:
are they real?
how much do they cost?
with my auto-replies usually:
i hope not.

zoinkz!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
9mmsfx.com - they have glow-in-the-dark contacts!!! : D
Me wants!! - but then, maybe i'm just taking benders post about glow in the dark toys a bit too literally.

also, i'd recommend taking a look at the possible risks associated with the use of contacts..

cheerio!

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
another thing - if you don't use protein removal tablets often, then the lenses last half as long! i found this out the hard way
plus if you fall into a wacky contact lense addiction, you can mix a set of, say cat and purple-blue contacts together just for that scare-the-children look.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I got my cats eyes from WildEyes.. yep I got the ring vision thing - but you get used to it.. My lenses were very expensive as I am so blind and me eyes are squishy (astigmatisms).. but they are fantastic.. the only problem is that non of my friends can actually look me in the face when I'm wearing them.. they say I look to creepy.. but I like them.. keep them clean and they will last for ages.. as people up there are saying - don't mess with your eyes.. they are the only ones you get.. I would recommend you spend as much money as possible getting your eyes tested ( you may need a persciption) and get them fitted PROPERLY.. you can do serious damage if you don't..

Do it all properly and enjoy many a funky freaky nite.. get it wrong and feel the sand in your eyes..

Tip to new contact lenses wearers... Chilli lasts a long time on your fingers and DOESN'T wash off in five mins.. trust me NOT a good idea..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Two quick things...

For those of you in the US, Wal-mart carries the Ciba "Wild Eyes" for about $40 in their eye care section at the front of the store.

Also for us Americans, The FDA is starting to crack down on novelty contacts, so if you plan on getting some for cheap, you better get them NOW! I have seen a lot of stuff about it floating around the internet news sites.

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
For those US-ers, Wild Eyes go for around $40 EACH LENSE. There are specials though that run them $99 per pair with an eye exam, because these need to be ordered through your optomitrist. (I spoke with the chick at the eye care center in the mall today) I think these are about the same quality as crazy eyes, with more variety and they are easier to obtain. I personally like the "hypnotica" ones myself.

www.wild-eyes.com

[ 02 November 2002, 12:53: Message edited by: Pele ]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
just as a warning i am currently off work, spinning, university and playing out with a severe eye infection. i've had contacts since i was twelve so am very experienced with them and look after them very very well. I dread to think of the infection you could get from cheap ones.

not being able to open my eyes properly just because i didnt want to wear a tiny pair of frames seems a bit daft...

however just to completly contradict myself, i have a pair of colored ones (not the ones that caused the infeciton, we can thank vision express for that one)which are brilliant.

oh! dont forget to think about what size lense you want. best to go to an optician for a free trial to find out your perfect fit then buy some, my friend got some from the gadget shop which flapped aorund in her eyes, and spun round a second after she did.

very weird

take care all you healthy eyed people
blurry love
vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
WARNING! If you go to wild-eyes.com the site makes LOUD NOISE!

Mute your computer first if you're at work.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura