Page:
ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
I know theres another play thread, but this the after thread so u dont have to trawl through the other one to find out what happened!

Personally I just wanted to say thanks to Dunc for sorting a fantastic weekend - well impressed!

and sorry to all the HoPpers i didnt introduce myself to coz of being a fraidy cat and for running away without dishing out many hugs coz i have to get to work!

But heres a hug for all the folks that were there - stunning weather and great people...roll on next year!

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
ooh good pics smile thanks to everyone (especially Dunc) for making it such an amazing amazing weekend. big love to everyone i met for being so cool hug

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
aimee, i reckon i'll give you a run for your money on the redness factor.

not only does being back in an office watching the rain fall on the city suck compared to the weekend that has just been, but having to wear a shirt collar against a red raw neck is making me a very grumpy employee today!

lucky for me, i get the best pick-me-up ever on my lunchbreaks wink

seriously though, if you really want to say thank-you, it makes sense to visit and support the play forum and say it there. smile

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
sunnythanks Dunc and EVERYONE for the weekend thankx thanks to the sun for putting his hat on and coming out to Play sunny being back home is so dull, who's up for forming a HoP commune where we can be self-sufficient? I know I am peace and ubbloveto Sym x x x x

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I don't hafta wear a shirt, but being in an office again today looking at the rain and feeling generally sleepy (I put the climate control upto 25 degrees earlier because it felt cold - bad move!) does suck ubbcrying

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
guy with chilli vodka was devkev. he's great... top poiggling genius. wish i could have seen him in action to pick up a few new tricks

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
hmmm some people just don't seem to listen (or read threads they're posting in) Link to PLAY website, where people should post thoughts and comments about play. Please.

biggrin yeah it was great ubbrollsmile

grouphug

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
wish i could have gone, but was at ejc, which was great by the way. did nate get there ok? he left us on friday morning before i was up so didnt get to say goodbye.

there better be another one, that doesnt clash with anything!!! oh well, you all just have to go to bristol for the last 2 days so i can see you there.

Jake the Juggler

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: JtJ

there better be another one, that doesnt clash with anything!!!

Uhhuh, damn right, I aint missing another smile
EDITED_BY: Fine_Rabid_Dog (1124732912)

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Muddy Puddlenewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hey! Just dropping by to say WOW!! The Play festival was amazing.. I enjoyed every single second! It was so inspiring to see so many great people spinning their toys, the workshops were a brilliant idea.. wink
The atmosphere was perfect, chilled out and fun! Fun fun fun!!! biggrin All the people were groovy and friendly..
Can't wait until next year!!!!!! *Bounce bounce* ubbloco
hug

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hee hee biggrin

go play biggrin

back

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
spanner - i've had exactly the same problem...so yeah i'll just post on here instead. hope thats ok...

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
im having that prob too frown

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I've left this thread open as I completely understand that we need a 'wow that was cool!' thread here as well - seeing how many HoP people were there.

If you do have an suggestions then please PM Dunc or use the Contact form on the Play site if you can so all the info goes towards the fab Play team.

Oh, and... "wow that was a cool weekend!"

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
i miss everyone already!
people in the real world don't hug as well as hoppers do!

I had so much fun. It was the best weekend ever and i wish it had lasted longer.

biggrin

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Star

i miss everyone already!
people in the real world don't hug as well as hoppers do!

I was the only person in the office today, was tres bizarre.

FireKittenSILVER Member
17 posts

Posted:
hey play was fun! Im glad I went now it was touch and go with my job frown. but I got there and had fun and im being shouted to go so byeeeeeeee

xX Twist and twirl to trance and techno Xx

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
loved the festival fav moments were definatly

contact fire wheel barrow
durbs body popping
and 12ft contact fire staff on stilts

can't wait till next year biggrin

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

SymBRONZE Member
Geek-enviro-hippy priest
1,858 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone!

Thank you all for making the first PLAY so amazing. I can't thank Dunc enough for thinking about, planning bossing me about. Everyone needs a massive hug!

hug

Let us hear your comments and feedback, please use the PLAY site though, as it'll keep all the ideas and comments in the same place!

hug

There's too many home fires burning and not enough trees

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
i am going to post this on the play site too but i thought others may see it too.
first i seem to have someones purple and black stiped sock poi.
second thanks to everyone at play for being really cool and many of you teaching and entertaining me, and thanks to dunc and sym and all the others for making it happen

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
on a side note i have a great anti tan of an eye patch biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
hee hee i bet you do miss frogette - post us a pic biggrin

back

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hello everyone! wave

I'm almost lost for words, it was just sooo amazing! I'm really fulfilled to hear how happy everyone was with PLAY as a whole. We've learned a massive amount to understand what will make it a success again next year. We will be making many improvements, hopfeully so subtle you guys won't even notice you'll be having so much fun biggrin

The hugest of thanks to everyone who helped me over the weekend, each person helping was as much of an integral part of it's success as the idea for play itself. From gate crew to artistic direction from those in the know. I love you guys from the bottom of my heart ubblove hug
SYM hug I love you dude! You've been key almost since day one, I'm proud to call you a close friend and it's all thanks to PLAY fest. Dan, Matty and Rossco....you know I couldn't have done it without ya, the best slaves I could hope for wink ubblol hug2 Rob (bluecat) you have been an inspiration! Your input for the show with Dror on Saturday made it what it was. It wouldn't have had half the impact it did have without you kiss To all the crew who helped out from Tuesday till Sunday, from those who I grabbed to run a quick errand for me to those working the gate for hours and making sure everyone ran as smoothly as possible.
And a big shout to Dom, the excapades on saturday morning were much better dealt with thanks to your knowledge, experience and calm temprament. Thanks for helping to resolve a very difficult situation and hopefully making one persons life much better in the long run hug2 And not to forget, the media crew who were busy all weekend and I'm sure got some awesome footage hug2 (Remember if you have any videos or pictures to send in send make them avaiable online or send to 2bags on the address on the play DVD thread on the play forum)

I can say that I've probably never been hugged as many times in my whole life as I have been during the last weekend at PLAY. There was just sooooo much love and happines over the weekend I was left (almost) speechless!

Thanks to everyone who came, everyone who contributed behind the scenes and every performer for their fantastic shows, they were so unique, proffesional and inspiring how the hell will I improve the show for next year?!?!?!

Remember the dates for next year, all going well it'll be over the weekend of 23rd/24th/25th June 2006 (no Glasto you see wink) so plans are underway for a site that doesn't have the noise limitations we experienced in Shrewsbury after middnight, I'll try not to goof up the electrics so we don't lose our lights again (a very silly error by me caused that on Friday I'm afraid redface) still has lots of space to play in and explore, lots of facilities to make your time there as enjoyable as possible and still be easy for folks to get to. Which reminds me, sorry about the crappy directions, blame multimap not me ubbangel Oh we're also hoping to let everyone onsite on Thursday evening with hometime on Monday.

I've booked the sun again but you may have to dance for the poi gods a few more times to make sure we get it wink

Thanks you thank you thank you all hug kiss hug

p.s. I'm never getting my arse out in public ever again wink

p.p.s. please let us know everything you were happy with and everything you weren't happy with from the weekend. It's the first time I've ever done anything like this and we want to be able to improve this year on year and can't without your comments so let us know on the play forum or by any other means you know how to use. You all have my phone number too so feel free to use it

thankx

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
and before I forget, thanks to HoP supremo Malcolm for providing the prizes for the games session (except for our own poi and staff of course) and helping us get our fire staffs made, we sold out of them completely!

hug

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Written by: Dunc

so plans are underway for a site that doesn't have the noise limitations we experienced in Shrewsbury after midnight

This may sound like a comment from an old/sad git, but I actually quite liked going to bed at 1-2am knowing that the cheesey crap that was being pumped out of one of the VWs till midnight wouldn't continue all night - I don't think I've ever slept as well as I did at Play and felt a lot better for it (once at glasto after putting up my tent i had a burger van setup a few metres away which played the same mix tape in loop mode 24 hours a day!!). I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but it'd be cool if there are no noise restrictions in future to have a part of the campsite for families with small kids/people who don't want to be kept up all night.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Does anybody know the link to the actual 'play' website?

(Sorry, I had to... wink )

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Ah,it was a great weekend indeed,there was a nice balance to it,didnt make as many workshops as I would have liked,but met loads of friendly people and had a lot of fun. Will defenitly come to the next one too!

I posted on the Play website, but couldnt not post here too ubbloco

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
biggrin

still grinning.

we love you dunc

biggrin

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Flid

but it'd be cool if there are no noise restrictions in future to have a part of the campsite for families with small kids/people who don't want to be kept up all night

We had lots of family camping space in their own field this year, and yes we plan to have plenty family camping space away from the late night noise next year too. We want lots of families/children to be there enjoying themselves so will be planning for it smile

Written by: Bluecat

still grinning biggrin

ditto biggrin

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
cool cause i am bringing kidlets next year biggrin

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

Matty_BSILVER Member
veteran