Forums > Social Chat > skip a dee doo daa skip a dee ay

Login/Join to Participate

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
has anyone jumped rope (skipped) with a flamin skipping rope... if so what did you use as rope...cotton rope works for a couple of burns but like its badly woven kevlar parter it deterorates after a couple of goes... has anyone done the eggbeater or double dutch with the flamin ropes...If you have not skipped with fire, give it a go... tie some cotton or kevlar rope to the end of chains and your away... if you go super fast it looks like a person in a "bubble" of fire. oh yeah now there is the definition of fun...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yup. I use chain and not rope. I weave bits of cotton rope, kevlar, I have even used strips of socks in a pinch, in and out of the links. The chain has better weight to get around and obviousl lasts longer than just rope. It is amazing and you can double up the handles in one hand and use like a poi or a whip. Also, double dutch and egg beater is really great, just be certain your swingers are in good time with each other and have good height. This is where practice, practice and more practice comes in. For an added touch of fiery fun, do the eggbeater/double dutch jumping while spinning poi at the same time. Since I am the jumper I don't get to see it and the timing must be right, the poi must be short but I understand the outcome is awe inspiring.What about fire and tight rope walking?------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 04 April 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

onewheeledweirdomember
35 posts

Posted:
I have not tried tight or slack rope walking whilst the rope is on fire... however I have tried coating the wheel of my unicycle in shellite and riding with a blazing wheel... looks cool and is also a good way to toast your legs.. have you tried firebreathing as the flaming skipping rope flys past...?

moiravoidmember
8 posts

Posted:
you can buy fire rope from renegade and add handles. i love it. i want to try double dutch next!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I haven't tried the breathing from the skipping rope for two reasons...one being that while jumping I am seriously regulating how I breathe. Remember, not only am I surrounded by fire but smoke as well. So when jumping solo, I am paying attention to rope landing and regular breathing. When doubling/team jumping I would be concerned of hitting one of the boys. As far as the tight rope is concerned I was thinking not of the walking rope on fire but the balancing tools, or spinning poi/staff type things, maybe even if good enough a flaming skipping rope.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
From what I understand, the fiberglass rope, makes great flaming jump rope material. Dont plan on trying it, but I thought Id pass along info.-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
yeah its wicked. check this out.https://www.fyrefli.co.uk/fyrerope.htmpeace outgarbo tongue

be excellent to each other: safe: