Forums > Social Discussion > Intelligent Design vs Evolution

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1...282930
ben-ja-men
ben-ja-men

just lost .... evil init
Total posts: 2474
Posted:ok so first read this http://www.venganza.org/
i mean really!!!! wtf?!?!?!?! i just cant get over how censored censored censored censored censored censored censored censored this is.

*deep cleansing breath*

ok so how is it that any educated person (as one would assume the Kansas School Board would be required to have some level of education?) or even a mildly retarded chimp for that matter would even consider adding something like ID to a science curriculum?

Now if the ID group where to be taking a page or two from Cellular Automata (which evolution essentially is just in a much more complex environment with more complex survival/interaction rules) and add that the resulting now is possibly the result of design by choosing the rules such that it would evolve in such a way to have created the given now, or that the soul's link to the real world might be the apparently random quantum tunnelling effects that take place in the microtubules (yet another CA) in the brain then i wouldnt have such a big problem with their proposal. both of which are horribly speculative and cant be proven but both allow for the concept of "god" to be introduced to highlight that science doesnt have all the answers

i suppose next we will be using the fox network for our history classes? confused
/end vent

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

Delete Topic

jeff(fake)
jeff(fake)

Scientist of Fortune
Total posts: 1189
Posted:They are now relisted. Random vandalism or rather petty intelligent design attack?

According to Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle of Quantum Dynamics, we may already be making love right now...

Delete

Mynci
Mynci

Macaque of all trades
Total posts: 8737
Posted:OK I thought this would fit better in this thread than the intelligent design a critique thread.

just watched heroes again and noticed an interesting analogy / paralell (call it what you will)

the show is supposed to be about the the genetic evolution of man to a new level, the recurring symbol being a stylized DNA strand.

The "baddie" in this is a watchmaker wink drawing interesting similarities to William Paley's "watch maker" analogy as a form of proof of creationalism. I thought the show would probably know this. is it subliminally saying that "watch maker" is evil? could it have been written by Richard Dawkins? ubblol

also note the watchmaker's name is actually Gabriel (no religious conotations there at all eh wink

just an observation.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Is it me, or are points 1,2 and 5 on this website, exactly the same question but differently worded?

confused

Delete

BurdaA
BurdaA

Sacrebleu
Total posts: 377
Posted:Point 4 isn't far off either, still two good questions biggrin lets go find a theory without holes

*years pass*

wait surely a theory without holes (lack of evidence would surely be considered a 'hole') is just a fact?

*goes back to nonchalantly watching things play out*

*also notices the word 'hole' seems wierd when overused*

Poi(poi~y) n. : A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.
- part owner of Wooktastic

Delete

Page: 1...282930