twirlywhirlyBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
hey,
looking to start up own business teaching workshops etc, does anyone know what sitificates etc i need todo so, apart from public liabilite insurance.
ps cant spell, im a artyfarty person
please help.

twirlywhirly. ubbrollsmile

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
I had so much fun teaching my nieces (all under 10) and my daughter how to spin, I was thinking of doing the same, even though I've not been spinning long (I've cracked the basics and should be ok lol) and there is a circus skills workshop floating about town but they don't do poi.

Have a word with your local authority - i'm sure they'll give you the info you need (or do a google search!)

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Have a word with a few insurers around they do public liability insurance for about 150 or 120 or something, do a search for threads and there are a few out there that are about insurance

In terms of qualifications, you cant really get any qualifications for what we do, although it wouldnt hurt to get a First Aid qualification, that would be useful and also would draw people in if they know their teacher is first aid qualified, try the St Johns Ambulance cos they do First Aid courses.

Good luck hug

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

twirlywhirlyBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
thanks, i have first aid qualifications, and you can do a ba hons degree or foundation course in circus performing where there each you everything including dance and drama etc