yossarianBRONZE Member
2 posts

Posted:
So I'm looking to purchase bulk kevlar online. I got one roll from a boating supplies distributor and was quite dissappointed with the thin, shiny material that they sent me. Apparently it's style 281 kevlar. Any idea what style I should look for? Any suggestions for bulk suppliers online? confused

The other day I realized that you really can't express your feelings with words, and ever since then....

SeraphireHoP's Original Smelly-Hippie-Scum-Bag
270 posts

Posted:
I came across some Kevlar that was white..looked like plaster-of-paris covering it...it burned REALLY badly and desintegrated in about 2 minutes, anyone seen this?

Music gives Soul to the Universe, Wings to the Mind, Flight to the Imagination and Life to Everything.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE! hug

dsei.org Stop The Arms Trade!

SonicalFlairBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I worked at a DuPont site in Richmond that manufactured Kevlar. I was dissapointed to find out that they only make the threads...

I always wondered how a 100% kevlar weave would burn.

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:
The problem with pure kevlar rather than the blended aramid which amongst other applications finds it's way into the fire arts, is that it tends to be a very thin stranded material, I have some pure kevlar rope, which I managed to obtain at a substantial discount for testing and review.

Nice stuff, 13mm, 50 meters of, and the only thing I can currently think to do with it is to use it with the rope darts I make, since if you fuel it and burn it, although it doesn't actually burn, the exposed fibre strands tend to start breaking up, I sometimes use it to internally pack poi cores, and other semi and fully cored fire props

mark