Forums > Social Discussion > Talk to anyone in the world for FREE! (Skype Contacts thread)

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Mr ChutneySILVER Member
Tosser
1,712 posts

Posted:
Greetings-

This is a similar thread to the msn contacts thread, only for the voice over internet program Skype (www.skype.com).

If you have a michrophone and speakers, you can talk for free to anyone using the Skype software. I use it to keep in touch with my girlfriend and dad in the US and its brilliant.

Anyway, my ID is djchutney - see (and speak) to some of you soon smile

EDITED_BY: Mr_Chutney (1164559553)

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Skype rocks, I use it to chat to son and some other friends in UK but it is also great for international phone calls to land lines. Cheep cheep. Mostly the quality is very good, occassionally a bit of scrachiness. My laptop has a built in mike and speakers but that makes a bit of feedback (the person can hear themselves talk) so I use some cheapo headphones and all good. smile

I am (gee surprise) newgabe

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
george does that mean that it is free to call you guysa at hop for free using skype or do we have to pay to make that call with skype credit?.

georgemcBRONZE Member
Sitting down facing forward . . .
2,387 posts

Posted:
If you are a Skype member and go PC headphone to us it is free (or should be!). I don't know for sure, but assume if you are in US or UK or Oz and it is free to call the listed area codes then it is also free to call us (otherwise it should only cost whatever it costs from your part of that country to the region code that SKype has based i from).

I know Pele can ring us for free smile

We are always trying to make our Support to you even easier and cheaper to make up for us being so far away.

cheers
George

Written by: Doc Lightning talking about Marmite in Kichi's Intro thread

I have several large jars of the stuff. I actually like it... a little. And don't tell anyone I admitted to it.
grin

TabtI Doubt, Therefore I Might Be
1,007 posts

Posted:
skype is best for calling people near the kitchen and telling them to put the kettle on. its also good for studying as you can have group conversations, although not much sudying gets done... biggrin

Owner of Dragosani's right side.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
 Written by: georgemc

I know Pele can ring us for free smile

She never calls me confused

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted: