Forums > Social Chat > Woooooo! So I'm a little Psyched

Login/Join to Participate

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
.....Because I got a spinning gig tommorow!

Weird.

Im still in Morocco, but I was talking to a guy with what little french I knew, and i mentioned I span fire. Suddenly he wants me spinning outside a freinds popular cafe...

I dunno how much we`ll be paid (we being me and my stepdad) but im hopeing for some change from the crowd.... wooooo biggrin

Right, time to go necromance my broken staff biggrin (otherwise i`ll just have to spin fire rope poi *shudders* Ick )

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

lauz the caterpillagoddess of all things slimey and an interchangeable insect!
2,443 posts

Posted:
way hey go you hug
have mucho fun doing it and take some pics biggrin

Shhhhhh! the boobies are trying to sleep.
owner and the property of noddy.
*i was a caterpilla last night wink* - libby_tuesday

_FSA_now comes with skydiving license
1,627 posts

Posted:
YAY!!! its allways fun getting spinning gigs biggrin i do it sort of part time profesional now.....its much fun and people tend to pay you lots which is a bonus!! biggrin

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
how would one start doing this, in a backward country town?

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
wooo!!!

photos possibly?

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

SebPenguin of Mass Destruction and Tricky Bugger to the court of Claire the Askew
643 posts

Posted:
Go you, Rabid! biggrin
You already know your shows rock, Taya. ubbrollsmile

Oh, people are impressed by fire everywhere MiG, and good shows of any kind likewise. smile Get your name put about, perhaps get some friends or other knowables to start you off if they've somewhere you can perform at, and be nice to your hosts always.

Isn't always a strange word...Look at how the letters go after one and other, and what they are...

Chucks nuns
Property of mynci and blu_valley, and proud of it.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
You're in Morocco?!! I had no idea. Awesome!

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
err...you mean psyched, right??? confused

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

10,530 posts

Posted:
Yeah, thats what I meant rolleyes

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

1,627 posts

Posted:
yeah you just got to get your name out there and then peeople start to hire you and pay you on the spot.......thats allways good because your garunteed to get money!! biggrin

Proudly owned by the very cute Pineapple Pete. Owner of Noddy. Joint owner of Mr Majestik.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
FRD- i can be pretty slow at times and if someone spells something wrong i get VERY confused!! ubblol

(but I'm good at spelling the hard words-i was the walking, talking, all singing, all dancing dictionary in school -

"Tam, how do you spell blah-blah?"
"errrr.... B...L....A...H....DASH(draws a hyphen in mid-air)....B...L...A...H..."

"Tam, how you you spell really? is it r...e...l....y...?"
*you gotta be censored kidding me!*
"ummm no, it's r....e...a........" you get the picture!)

1982 must have been a year when alot of thick kids were born in my village!!! ubbloco

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

10,530 posts

Posted:
smile

So last night was weird...

The first place we were going to be spinning at was a small stage after a few guys and some gitrls drumming and dancing (They were awesome!). The guy who had hooked us up with the gig and my stepdad left me and my brother (the photographer) to watch the show, while they left to search for parrafin (no one has it here).

The show was awesome, but towards the end of the performance, the police arrived. Faster than you could say "Holy sh!t" a fight broke out back stage right next to me and Hugo (my brother). All we could do was watch, whilst being told "This is Morocco" The police arrested the guy who threw the first punch, (methinks he was a drug dealer) and got rid of the crowd. So, no performance there then.

So, my dad and the guy arrived back, and I explained what happened, so we move on to the next place, a really nice bar/club/resturant full to the brim with tourists; unfortunatley, it was very windy, so no burnoffs frown

No pay, but we got free beers biggrin And they tasted good, cos I hadnt had one in aaaaaaaaages smile

Im busy tonight, but i have been asked back to the stage and the club tommorow and for the rest of my time here... Sahweet biggrin

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
well done FRD!!!

its so fun doing gigs

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: Nod

well done FRD!!!

its so fun doing Pigs

ooh errr Nod (formally known as Noddy)
ubblol

soz, i had to read that twice! pmpl

and well done, you rabid thing you!

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
Well done FRD! biggrin

shame about the police and the fighting

Did someone take pictures?

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Maha
Next time I see a foreign student getting the poo poo beaten out of him in Hastings Town centre I'll walk up to him and say 'This is Hastings'.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tinklepants

Written by: Nod

well done FRD!!!

its so fun doing Pigs

ooh errr Nod (formally known as Noddy)
ubblol

soz, i had to read that twice! pmpl

and well done, you rabid thing you!

eek

i thourgh i really wrote that!

dont scare me like that!

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

10,530 posts

Posted:
Yes there are pictures of my stepdad, and a video of me staffing. Now i just need someone to host them for me. *looks hopeful*

I actually tried to burnoff in the wind (very *very* foolish). There was a very small flare, but most of the fuel ended up in my eye. This put me off loads, and so I didnt do much... very little conact ( a neckroll and a half steve) and no throws, so very boring.

Oh well, lesson learnt.

1,627 posts

Posted:
well done anyway biggrin

10,530 posts

Posted:
Heh

So last night was weird.... my brother's probably writing this on another post, but I dont care ( devil )

So I was spinning on the terrace of the apartment we were staying at as a thank you performance to the guys there cos they were lovely.

Our performance was in clear view of Club Taros (the place i did my last gig) and some lovely french girlies saw us spinning and rushed through the town to find us biggrin

So we did another gig, and everything went fine.

Then I Fecked up..... really really bad.

It was horrible, I didnt even know it was happening eek

The staff just shot off my wrist and rolled off the edge of the roof, directly *towards* some of the spectators;

Fortunatley, it was a close miss, and no one was hurt, but man, was I scared.

Im not spinning on a roof in a crowded place *ever* again

Oh, and I put my foot through the roof, but shhhhhhhhhh no one can know wink

linden rathenGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,942 posts

Posted:
lmao silly FRD tongue

back

10,530 posts

Posted:
[Old link] - Hugo's take on the whole thing

Sam - Indeed, muchly silly, but thats life eh?

Didnt get paid either *mutters and grumbles* wink

10,530 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Yo!

Check out my bad self!

Gots another gig in september (ages away, I know, but still, I'm soooo stoked!) . A proper one this time... money and everything. In england as well. Wooooo!

*does a little jig*

Man... hope I don't feck up this time....

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
is it your own birthday party wink

congrats man biggrin

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

10,530 posts

Posted:
Its in march! biggrin

Besides, paying myself seems a little... pointless to be honest.

I could however pay myself in beers. mmm... thats not a bad idea actually...

10,530 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Yays!

Gots another gig tonight, and the pay is feckin' sahweet!

Kickass. biggrin

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
I got a gig tonight too, for a local radio charity thing. not getting paid but maybe getting a next voucher as a thank you. gonna get the monkey fists out. oh and its at an ice rink. not inside, but if my ankle was better i'd attempt fire on ice! aint skated for years smile

good luck henry biggrin