Forums > Technical Discussion > Whats better sealent or super glue?

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I er redface need the strongest kind of sealent (glue or any other type) I can find, the outer plastic ball of one of my poi balls has begun to crack. Need the most ultimate strongest type I can find, can anyone suggest anything? I would use super glue but Ive no idea if there is anything stronger out there or not, any suggestions? redface

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SniperBRONZE Member
Snoochie-boochie-noochies!
663 posts

Posted:
yeah stop hitting things!

pic would help. what kinda poi?

different glues work best in different situations but being plastic i'm guessing not flexible so superglue (runny cyanoacrylate stuff) would be best if you're not bothered about white smoky stains around the crack

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
If its the star burst ones I'd say send them back and ask for a refund as you have only just go them!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
For hairline cracks in hard plastic superglue is the best, as it gets drawn into the cracks before it sets due to capillary action. Use the good stuff though, the cheap superglue is too thick, and doesn't stick properly either.

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

XerxesDittomember
36 posts

Posted:
Larger cracks, you can used exterior sealant (if you don't mind leaving it to set for a few days) as it will set flexible, and transparent (depending on what you buy)

Fear is the mind-Killer...

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the suggestions guys I'll keep it in mind if I have to fix them again in the future, I'll be sending them back instead though and get a replacemnt. Yes they can brake easily but it was my fault in thee first place and they light so well I just cant say goodbye to them.

Ta

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
You could try covering them in clear silicone sealant. That was they would have a squishy boucy tough covering that the light would glow through.

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
lol i see you to have been converted by bryn, i now love silicone and feel you should cover everything in it.

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

LavatwilightGOLD Member
old hand
834 posts

Posted:
smile si rules.
beth i didnt think id find you promiting it tho !

Drawings by chalk minds, strech between the stars

Kyle Mclean-
Contact without dance is like sex without wiggling.
A) it does feel as good
B) it does not look as good on film