IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im eager to get chaseing the sun worked out and Im of course having problems, I admit im still new at the more erm unusual wrist and hand movements that comes with poi but im imprioving thanks to the Art of Poi with whats her name...kath and kym sound a like biggrin

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had any practicle tips for this move? I often find that after I stretch my arms out and to the side I end up crossing them over for some reason lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I have been having problems with Chasing The Sun (shoulder reel) too. I could do one poi at a time but things gets a little messy when I do them both at once. Also been having trouble with the hip reel.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

Skittishmember
64 posts

Posted:
I keep reading the free lesson on it here but when i go out to the garden to practice, i've forgotten what it said, so i go back in and come back out, the same thing happens... uuurgh.

So what your saying is, if I take just ONE more pill...

pricklyleafSILVER Member
with added berries
1,365 posts

Posted:
Don't worry those moves take a while before your wrists get felixable and coordinate enough. Make sure that your wrist are facing palm up when they are spinning the circle behind your head. It also really helps if you try it one poi at a time and, like all other moves, make sure you learn it going in both directions.

I found hip reels much easier to learn, but still difficult. Again practice with just one poi, but this time your palms are flicking backwards, underneath your arms, so facing downwards more.

Good luck and keep practicing!

Live like there is no tomorrow,
dance like nobody is watching
and hula hoop like wiggling will save the world.

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Learn a high turn from backward spin.
Learn a low turn from forward spin.
Turn left with one then right with the other or visa versa.

Now do this in wall plane with your feet stuck to the ground and only your shoulders turning.

Keep your shouldars parallell to feet and work on planes.

Also useful break it up upper and lower...
Ignore the first bit of this post.
Learn the lower part poi parallel in front of hips and behind. Count 1 - 1

Do same high 1 - 1.

Then put the 2 together...

Lots of practice on at a time...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I think its all about getting more practice for me. I could do one poi quite easily but once I get to two poi... alas! I think what they say about men and multi-tasking is true! Its all true!!!

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498