Forums > Videos > Stockholm fire video-- Working!

Login/Join to Participate

EBabanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Right, this is my second attempt at my first post of my first video (now that I have found a friend to host it properly)!

Filmed in various scenic locations in Stockholm on a friday night between 11pm and 3am- which explains the increasing sloppyness of the spinning smile

Poi by myself and my friend Andreas (the one in the hat), and featuring cameo apperances by two place guards, and Felix, Daniel plus a number of other firebreathing types who we ran into quite by accident (honest!). Camera work by a highly trained monkey, and music courtesy of the Cure.

As said, this is my first video (ever), so any feedback would be apreciated before I start editing the sequel- which promises to include Violence, Nudity, and yet more sloppy poi! smile

Stockholm by Night Download

Note: File format is Xvid, VLC player is recommended if you have difficulties.

What we really, really, need is more hours in the day

EBabanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hmm, 70+ views but no replys. Wondering if anyone's seen this or of it's just so terrable it's not worthy of comment! smile

In case of the former I've got another link here for a 12mb WMV rather than a 20+mb Xvid- less qualitity but perhaps easier for most people. Please comment, if you have any, very new at this video lark.

Stockholm by Night WMV

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Both of the links time out for me frown

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

EBabanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Hmm, strange. confused They work fine over here, from a number of ISPs. Will look into it. If anyone else has the same problem, or has no problems, please post and let me know.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yep smile Got it now.

In terms of the video - it was well shot, in some lovely locations, however overall the video was very dark. Try filming just at dusk or in semi-lit locations. Otherwise all the video shows is some pretty moving lights smile A tripod would make a lot of difference, and try to avoid zooming in and out so much smile

For the spinning - it's coming along nicely, although watch your planes (especially butterfly to weave transitions) and the timing went a bit squiffy at times.

biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

EBabanewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Excellent! smile

Thaks for the tips. A tripod has allready been obtained by semi nefarious means, which I agree should make a lot of difference. Seems darned tricky to find the right balance between light and dark, but should be figureoutable.

Oh, and I must admit that I'm not actually sure how to do a butterfly to weave transition, but what do they say about practice? smile

Trix2newbie
1 post

Posted:
Cool video! Hope to see another one from you soon ubbrollsmile