Mangetoutnewbie
1 post

Posted:
Sorry if this is a bad place to post this. I could not work out where it would be best to post it.
I am supposed to be doing a 'poi making' workshop for around 30 people in the next 2 weeks (thats a lot of tennis balls. I really cant afford 60!) The thing is, I need to decide on what poi-making method to use, and what equipment I need to buy. I am trying to keep the cost down, and so I was hoping someone might be able to ler me know of a cheap, easy way to make poi (I know about the old socks method which is very simple, but dont know if it will work)
I'd be grateful if some people could make suggestions

Thanks!

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Due to the current situation about many a post whores it has become apparent that many a wise poi spinners seem to be staying clear or social chat section of the forum cos theres lots of crap in it at the moment, i would advise since u need help asap PM a moderator and ask them to move this thread to the help section of the community, there you will find you will get much more help and quickly too, maybe also try editing the title of your thread to Need help making cost effective poi very quickly or something.

Good luck i wish i could offer help but im crap at making poi

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I can help, take two small dog leesh's (jack russle size) two persil washing tablet nets, and two tennis balls.

Put the tennis balls in the washing tablet nets, clip the dog leesh to the net handle, and voilla instant poi.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
yiiis..but how much are 60 dogs leads going to cost?

You could order the empty/filled socks from the HoP shop in bulk. Then have a decorating session or something for them.

mmm...tye-dye ubblove

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Maybie he could just show them how to do it, and then they could go home and make them themselves?

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
60 tennis balls? thats like what £20?? 30 pairs of socks, thats gonna be the expensive bit, if you want some simple tailed poi, i suggest using socks and sewing some tails on, they probabily wont last long, unless u get some ripstop, but they'll look nice while they last

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?