Forums > Social Chat > Dpercussion Manchester

Login/Join to Participate

Mikey BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Hey, How you all doing - I was at Dpercussion last weekend and hooked up with some incredible people. I spent a good 2 hours watching impossible feats weavesmiley I scored my first Poi lessen courtesy of Zoe and a blinding set from the stanton warriors.

As a result of that meeting everyhting seems different now and I am posting on a poi forum and recovering from my first earth shattering wipeout with poi. I never realised such a pretty little thing could cause so much pain when it connects with the soft fleshy parts.

I found this site and was wondering if anyone here was there?

I've got all the eagerness of a kid with a new toy, > I work crazy little shifts and am looking forward to 4 days off now and was wondering if anyone had plans to hook up in town this week/end?

Apparently its going to be the hottest day of the year so far on friday.....

I didnt do it - no one saw me do it - you cant prove anything.

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
At a guess try pming a guy on here called millhouse, i think his hop name is currently house_of_mill, other manchester hoppers include liquid_bubblegum, Cantus, Wild Child, Havokist, and many more they may have been there, except cantus, dont ask me why

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
I hope you become a regular to the Manchester spin mate, go to the events section of this forum, they organise several a month through there smile

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
gurrr thats it will im going to poke you with this big pointy stick so hard

miss me out of the manchester lot will you *poke poke*

not that i was the first manchester spinner you met (although you did think i was going to kill you) *poke poke*

bloody sothners

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

thegreatnonamemember
58 posts

Posted:
cool that you went ahead and signed up. Hope you find the people you are looking for.

Isn't sanity a one trick pony? Rational thought is all you get but when you are crazy the sky is the limit.

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
We're all here, just hiding in the corners waiting to leap out and drown him in glitter devil

Hi Mikey Boy, welcome to HoP

As Will says, there's a thread on Events called Manchester Spinniers meet or some such drivel ( wink Tobi). Keep your eye on that and sooner or later we'll make a decisions about when we're meeting next...

Next one I think is probably Sat 27th, in Platt Field Park, we usually meet up 4ish.

However, if you're dead fired up , get yourself to playfestival.co.uk in Shrewsbury next weekend 19th-21st. On the Manc thread they'll be talking about it and there's a few going by train from there if you wanna join 'em. It's gonna be great and you'll see HoPpers in their natural habitat, if you're ready for that! eek ubblol

hope to see you soon hug

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Hi-de-hi wave

Yes go to the events section on the forum and leave a little post under the manchester meets, theres also an invasion of england wich Skulduggery is trying to arrange and she wants it around manchester because of the easy transport links, skip to page 48 and 49 to get the relavent stuff, and dont forget to post an introduction thread under introductions.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
Oh my god how could i miss Tobi!! Im sorry!!!! you should have been first frown

Mikey BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
Nice one thanks for the warm welcome,
I took your advice and have now booked tickets for the playfestival. I'm going to buy a tent tomorrow.

I'll "try pming a guy on here called millhouse, i think his hop name is currently house_of_mill, "

Thanks for that Willy.
thankx

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Hey Mike I were at D went home kinda earlyish like you probably met Sam and Mike two guys doing staff with bright UV paint on them there were actually quite a few spinners there shame there wasnt more room to spin?

Did you meet the girl who was good with Devil Stix? I was so keen to see her tricks but she left as I arrived from a beer mission!

D was actually the place i met my first other spinner Barr my mates, a dude called Raj he's a top guy spins in sheffield a lot

How are you getting to Play Mikey? If your training it you should meet up with the other Manc people?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mikey BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
There were lotsa people there - I'm terrible with names and only moderatly better with faces ooooops. I was a full on poi virgin until I was offered a pair of socks by Rick????, and like I say was very kindly taken under the wing of zoe and I think martin was her boyfriends name - other than that no idea who was who. I didnt see anyone with devil stix, unfortunatly. I was a bit awestruck to be honest and stood with my mouth open in complete awe, on hindsight I should have said hello wave to more people.

But thats all to be rectified here and at play hopefully.
I'm getting to play by driving, I've talked a couple of friends into coming with me one of whom doesnt finish work till 6 so my first mission of the festival is to get there and get my tent up before it goes dark.

Hopefully though we can meet up in there, is there a particular place your going to be or is it the normal ... around somewhere?

I cant really express how excited I am about it, I went tent shopping today and had my ear chewed off by an over eager salesman who gave me tent 101 for idiots. It was all very heplful but I still am no closer to owning a tent redface I'm sure itll all work out for the best though.

Take it easy and see you all at play hopefully sunny

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
I've got a tiny one you could lend I found it at Glasto

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mikey BoyBRONZE Member
20 posts

Posted:
found, hehehe

Thank you very much for the offer but I'm not going away this year so I figure buy a decent tent and get some camping in. I've seen one in millets for 30 quid that will sleep 2.

Like I say very excited and doing everything I can to enjoy it :P

See you there

Gonna weavesmiley all night, assumeing I can get my head round the wrist action to actually do a weave.... ubbidea

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Will there be anyone going to this year's D-percussion? Going to be on the 5th of August I think.

Why let your body be a temple? When it can be a theme park?

Wii Console Number: 3294 0297 7824 7498

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
We're going. Probably going to have a load of the stoke crew with us too. beerchug

Give me a call if you are coming over dude - will be good to see you smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
The guy who runs Monster Monster is organising it so he told me to spread the word and I offered to do it here.

Looks like they may not be necessary biggrin

I won't make it as I'll be down south visiting people and going to Brighton Pride and hopefully go to more meets...

Have fun guys!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
Cool! Would be sweet seeing the Manchester crowd. I was meant to go to the meet last Sunday but my friend's birthday was yesterday so I went to that instead. Do you know if fire is allowed? Can you PM me your number? I don't seem to be able to find it for some reason. redface

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Thats cool dude - PM on its way smile

I doubt that we'll be allowed fire in the arena's but its round the corner from the gasworks. You could easily park somewhere near there and leave the fuel in the car for later biggrin

I'll be taking many glowing things just in case wink

LoewanBRONZE Member
and behold!
464 posts

Posted:
I doubt you will be able to get parking tho. I was there last year and the place was packed! And if I do fire, I won't be able to get twisted. tongue

steaksSILVER Member
former manc tour guide
1,909 posts

Posted:
I should be going to this, as I knw a couple of people on the bill and want to see them performing live biggrin

Owned by the lovely SNOOPoi
Owner of Clarence_Quack

FractosDirty Fire Project
133 posts

Posted:
Just nearly out the door to D-Percussion, will probably be up by the Roman wall bit on the grass... look for blue/black/white sock poi and a man in a white shirt and a panama smile

There were some folk doing Capoeira up there 2 years ago and it was a great place for getting to all the events

if ya want to meet up smile

~Adz

oOo
You see, you already know circle-theory,
you just don't *know* that you know.

PyroWillGOLD Member
4,437 posts

Posted:
*grumble grumble* hate it that most things are on a saturday night, grumble