Forums > Help! > Free pop up blockers. :rollseyes:

Login/Join to Participate

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Does anyone know of any good "free" pop-up blockers?
EDITED_BY: Violently Tame (1123868066)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

DragonFuryBRONZE Member
Draco Iracundia
784 posts

Posted:
use Fire Fox.
look here
its a good browser and stops most popups.

Do we sleep when we die?

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
'No!Flash' is excellent- I posted details here-

[Old link]

unfortunately the link to the download site no longer works, but I'm sure you could track down somewhere that's got it.

It not only stops pop-ups, but you can also set it to disable graphics, which makes HOP pages download much quicker, and, best of all, you can toggle between blocking and allowing with one mouse click.

Alternatively, most pop-ups need activeX or javascript to function, so putting your IE security settings on 'high' for the interent zone, will stop most pop-ups (and other malware/spyware/adware etc).

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
I like opera, the browser. it stops most of the bull-crappy ones, and if they do popup, you can set them to pop up as a background tab, where you can close them with a middle mouse click. you can also customise every button to a different function, should you want to. I think it also takes getsures, but i dont like them...

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Super pop up blocker is what I use, you can even run it after the evaluation runs out and it clears net history *wink wink*

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
Violently tame, im not toog ood on web browsers but have something else to say

This help section of this forum is a section in which hoppers can ask for help about anything, it doesnt have to be poi or spinny related in the slightest, you qualify to post in this forum simply by being a hopper, not for writing about poi stuff.

So therefore i'd advise you to rename the title of your thread to along the lines of 'Free Pop up blockers' since that way people who browse this forum who may know about it will pop in smile

Good luck with your search

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian