Page: ...
Aegilnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Anyone on here from west yorkshire.. mainly the leeds area?

matty390GOLD Member
71 posts

Posted:
yep here we are fresh from wakey not too good either but i no thers a juggling convention next month at leeds uni thereare a few peeps goin

matt

the looney beanmember
45 posts

Posted:
yeh we're on here . check out the other leeds thread

those who are possessed by nothing possess everything

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
im from leeds too. havent been to a fire circle on tue night yet but id like to

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
there's another leeds thread? umm

link?

I mean i'll be off over in york next year, but leeds isn't far and i'll be going there least once a month or so!

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
here you go.

[Old link]

ive seen someone spinning fire poi last year in headingley near a bar called trio, i think they were on a roof. u know who u are, so post here as i just live around the corner!

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
...cough...cough... come join the Fire Circle, tues, 9pm on Hyde Park. We've been a bit irregular due to the unhelpful weather, but should be out tomorrow night. Anyone interested in this or just getting together for a spin give me a PM.

And if you ever see me practising on the park, come and say hi! I'll be the gangly four-eyes, bad haircut, spinning the staff round my neck.

smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
ill be coming to tomorrow if it doesnt rain or i dont go out. was it you in headingley spinning poi, my mates girlfried spotted someone spinning a few days ago around headingley mount sort of area

329 posts

Posted:
No, not me. I live just outside the town center. There does seem to be a secret population of spinners in Leeds though, maybe they're shy...

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
im tempted to get off at the hyde park stop straight after work today (finish at 6pm) then just spin with socks i have with me, instead of going home first, eating and walking there. you think people will be there at around 6.30pm??

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Not sure anyone will be there that early, but you never know. I'll be there around 8:00 or 9:00.
Hope to see you there.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
i'll just walk up the path and see if i spot anyone spinning things. yeh i'll go home first and eat because now im off swimming at 9.30ish aswell

329 posts

Posted:
Apologies all, there will be no Fire Circle this evening. frown

I am a danger to myself through lack of sleep (36 hours awake and counting). While other stalwarts have either, broken bones to heal, gone to Brazil or early starts tomorrow.

Hope anyone thinking of coming sees this in time.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
brill! I went and waited from 7 until 8.30 and no one showed. Even asked a guy who was playing some bongo/drum thing and he said its usually around the time i was there.

Are well, I spun for a bit and watched a girl walking on a tight rope aswell. I'll get someones number before i go to one next time so im not sat around like a lemon!

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
I was there from 21:00 and there were two of us spinning and one juggling and devilsticking. (Apart from the lovely Australian travelers who let us use their fire. Was a great night. Lots of tea coffee, the police dropped by twice just to say Hi. and they even lit us with their helicopter for a while. (Show offs) Hope there's more folks there next tuesday. There was talk of meeting up on saturday. It's gonna be a scorcher so they say!
Remember SPINNING NEEDS DARK! so don't be put off if it's late.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
spinning doesnt need dark. cant you just spin unlit until dark. I had a word with some foreign people who had a fire lit and some food about a circle and the girl told me to see the drummer person.

i went to these people on the right in the pic thinking they were spinners. does the spinning take place just to the right of the big tree on this pic?

I'll try and come down saturday in the day if its not too hectic, im moving house on fri/sat.

Non-Https Image Link

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Yeah those are the guys I sat with while waiting for people. That's a usual spinning place. I don't suppose you got the name of that Australian girl in the blue? She got a video of us spinning, the police playing their light on us, and the friendly coppers. (Talk about high production values in a fire vid!)

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
They told me they'd seen two people looking for us. I guess we missed each other by about half an hour.
Better luck next time.
Good luck with the move. I hope to see you saturday.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
thanks- its only 2 doors away anyway im moving to! I was watching a girl to my right for a while doing some tight rope walking and she was pretty good. drop me an email to alexlearoyd@hotmail.com about saturday. I'll come down if im not too hung over and hopefully so more people will be there this time!

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
I'm afraid I can't e-mail hotmail accounts, but I'll get in touch with the Leeds fire circle to say I'll be down on sat, see if I can garner some interest. I'm thinking of making a full day of it. Few beers, maybe a bbq, practice, and spinning when it's dark.
I'll try and post here friday lunch if I know any more.
A.B.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
sounds good. so long as the weather holds out like its suppose to. i'll be spinning in the day though aswell i think. cant resist....must spin something around

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Hi Guys.
Seeing as this Saturday is forecast as a barmy 27 degrees. I thought it would be downright rude not to do some spinning, have a BBQ, some beers etc. in the usual place (or near as dammit) in Hyde park. (See above photo.) 12:30 ish sounds like a good time to start. I have contacted Leeds Fire Circle, who have (like most cats) expressed a preference. So... roll on Saturday. Bring your toys, some food, some beers, and yourselves.
Hope to see you there.
A.B.

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Anyone comng out tonight?
Usual place?

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
arthurbrown, i'll go down again. i'll head off at 7.30 and be there for about 8ish. id post my mob number on here but as anyone (not just hop members) can see it I wont! mail me back before 5.40pm to alex.learoyd@operanorth.co.uk with your no. then i'll text you.

i'll bring the glow poi along, although i love my hop socks now

329 posts

Posted:
Just want to say thanks to everyone who came down last night, probably the best meet we've had in a while. Big hug for everyone but extra big hug to Lowan (Alien_Concept) who was all the way from Liverpool, and ArthurBrown for the commando tea & sweeties. Sterling work fella. biggrin

See you all soon.

wave

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Cheers CF. Was a great night. Hope to see as many, if not more, peeps for next Tues.
TTFN.
A.B.

329 posts

Posted:
biggrin

It's gonna be a full moon next Tues as well!

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
wish i came now, i was going to then i got a text saying many were not going because most students have gone home and the drummer wont be there either.

this saturday (tomorrow) i might venture down with my socks after ntl is all sorted in the morning

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
I've found that you can never tell how many are going to turn up. Like last time, there were two or three of the regulars injured, and another two or three away on holiday, but there were still a good 10 or 12 (including two drummers) who showed up. Whereas other times there's only been two or three come along, dispite it being really good weather for it. Go figure!

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Soooooooooooo,
Who's coming tomorow?
Is it worth me lugging my Didj out to the park, so I can jam with the drummers between spins?
Should I bring Tea or Beer?
Should I bring the unicycle, in case someone brings theirs, and we can joust.
Will anyone turn up?
The answer to all these questions, and more, tomorow at dark, in the park.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
me, will get there around 8.30ish. hopefully there will be at least one person there this time!

Page: ...