Page:
Aegilnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Anyone on here from west yorkshire.. mainly the leeds area?

Chronofracture333Hobo Gaylord
329 posts

Posted:
 Written by: mcp

nah, getting stoned inna dungeon is the way forward... ubblove ubbloco ubbrollsmile

I'll start collecting the rocks...

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

"Oooh, what a shiny new move!"

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ive just harvested too ......... mmmmm the smell of fresh harvest ubblove

remember kids we have to go spin at some point wink

ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
I am without sin, may I cast the first stone......? biggrin

Can someone (preferably a local - *looks at Chrono*) PM me their mobile number? As I remember Hyde Park is a big place!

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
ah just spin on the train strugz!

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

i can pictue that now meg..........

lots of stalls i reckon, actually id be surprised if i can get a full rotation in!! ubblol

*smash, clang, ding, crash.......*

oooo my staff.......... eek ubblol

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
just seletape a machette on each end of your staff. people will move out the way then!

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Last week I managed to contact whilst in a lift. (With a witness I may add.) You have no excuse not to contact on a train.

Never lie down with someone who has more problems than you.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
where do you guys get paraffin from? I might practice in the day with it like chrono suggested.

You think the morrisons petrol station in kirkstall will sell it?

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Yep, just about any petrol station. Look for the 3lt white tubs outside.
I know that the petrol station near the park had at least 10 last time I was there, so it may be worth getting it there instead of lugging it around.

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, I just remembered, they're selling two glowsticks for a quid in the pound shop in Leeds centre. Might be useful for your poi.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
when you guys have finished with your staff/poi or whatever do you put them back in paraffin when finished or just leave then. Or paraffin then squeeze out?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ArthurBrown

Last week I managed to contact whilst in a lift. (With a witness I may add.) You have no excuse not to contact on a train.

that's you told strugz. Just do it like ninja dave does it.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Ill show ya saturday smile

i take it we can buy fuel local to the park as im not lugging that on the train with me smile

329 posts

Posted:
Not a problem. I've got three tubs already and there's a couple of shops nearby that sell it. smile

*no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no moves there are no*

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Strugz: Yeah, we'll bring plenty, but there's a place not too far away you can get it. I wouldn't worry about bringing it. Wastes too much valuable beer space. wink

Geezer: I tend to soak them after my last burn of the night, then leave to cool, (and evaporate a bit) before putting to bed, in their visqueen bag.

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

Not a problem. I've got three tubs already and there's a couple of shops nearby that sell it. smile

what are the shops chrono, i need some to practice in the day with smile

329 posts

Posted:
Off hand...

Nevilles- town centre DIY store behind Morrisons in that crappy little indoor market.

24hr Garage- Cardigan rd opposite the library.

And several hardware stores down in the Brudenells and the Harolds. If you know Maumoniats (brilliant little asian supermarket) there's a couple on that street. I just cant remember which Brudenell it is... Sorry.

Hope this helps. smile

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: ArthurBrown

Strugz: Yeah, we'll bring plenty, but there's a place not too far away you can get it. I wouldn't worry about bringing it. Wastes too much valuable beer space. wink

I like the people of Leeds already hug

i must warn you though my contact staff wicks are phatt and thirstly little buggers ubblol - but with you lot there and a camera in hand ill probably do more of the sitting / smoking / watching / dinking thing anyway........

oh and not to forget the all impotant hurling abuse at Meg biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

i must warn you though my contact staff wicks are phatt and thirstly little buggers ubblol -

When he says phatt... HE MEANTS PHATT!!/FAT!! despite the fact they look more like your lower intestines with a case of food poison (probably from PLAY...)

I know, I have a pair of his design... (should I bring those too?)

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Chrono333

Off hand...

24hr Garage- Cardigan rd opposite the library.

And several hardware stores down in the Brudenells and the Harolds. If you know Maumoniats (brilliant little asian supermarket) there's a couple on that street. I just cant remember which Brudenell it is... Sorry.

Hope this helps. smile

yeh brundell is the big one running from the edge of hyde park to cardigan road with the mosque on and that market. yeh i remember theres a library somewhere around there. thanks

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Neon!

About your sticks dude - should you bring them !?!?!?!?

Erm - no of course not as im sure you could learn loads more about poi from me and meg instead wink ubblol

Cant wait!!

Im off now leaving work for the afternoon! Ill be seeing you lot this time 2moz! ubbrollsmile

biggrin hug biggrin

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
see you tomorrow, should be good fun, i'll bring sock and learn some new stuff smile
(hopefully)

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
It was good fun! Wow, so unhappy to be back at work in ed. Wishing I could stay down there, hang out and spin all day every day.

It was a very cool trip. Thanks to chronos for putting us up and dhowing us the cool places to spin. It was a magical trip, and not just due to being stoned. biggrin

ubblove

thou I missed my train by two measly minutes... redface

You have to come to festivals chronos. Otherwise we will sacrifice you. biggrin

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:
Meg: It was inspirational watching you spin -so much so i didn't bother asking for any tips. Was just content to watch the show. And yes you do indeed talk crap though no more so than I do. Don't stop! hug

Strugz: Thanks for more tips. At this rate I should reach your level in about, oooooh, 10 years tongue hug (and thanks for posing for my pics wink

Chrono: Thanks for keeping us all safe in Leeds (it took longer than 20mins to walk to the train station! Town - yes, train station, a LITTLE further. No worries. Got back to Manc on time anyway! Where you really sent to a shaolin monastery as a kid? Seems like a guilable question but i have heard stranger? If so, it shows. if not, well done!

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Wicked weekend!

enjoyed it muchly, learnt stuff too - (which is what i expected to be honest wink )

Meg - it was crap seeing you again

Neon - sweet you made it dude no worries about tips, im just passing on information i got told from others, as for pictures..... did i pose?? dare i ask ubblol

Chrono - was tottaly sweet meeting you dude - you come across even more chilled out than i am! cool ..... thanks for giving us a wicked adventure away - one of the best things ive learnt fom this weekend is that burnoffs and tiny spaces rock biggrin

Oh and yes we will sacrifice you if you dont come to festivals - *cough* bristol *cough* biggrin

Arthurbown - nice to meet you too dude, thanks for the many beer offerings and kitkat muchyness, not to mention the fishpongs wink

Look forward to bumping in to you all again - yes even you meg wink

grouphug

329 posts

Posted:
biggrin

You all rock and are welcome back any time. hug.

Learnt absolutely loads, met some amazing people, and once my back stops complaining I have so many new ideas to try out. Really glad you enjoyed yourselves as well.

Burnoffs!!! Looking forwards to seeing the video, and I hope I can spend some more time with you all soon.

ubblove Will

@Neon- well it's true I was sent to the shoalin temple aged 5 and 3 months. But I wasn't there long. It was my 7th birthday when I was abducted by the the Iron Tengu ninja clan. Who, guided by an ancient prophecy, believed me to be the 53rd reincarnation of their legendary founder Hideo Nagata. It was only then that my true training began....

*fade to training montage*

ubbrollsmile

matty390GOLD Member
71 posts

Posted:
wow, i went to the first two or three leeds meets and not many showed then didnt bother over winter, looks quite busy now. biggrin
any info if its on for next week again, last time i went down i got stuck on my own, rained the moment i stepped foot in leeds lol,ubblol
and one last thing is szpeigel still using his stars out there somewherewave, still havent got my wicks on but id love to get a few more spinny tricks under my belt tongue

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Aw strugz, you know I secretly hate you! ubblove wink

right, talk amougst yourselves...

GeezaGOLD Member
addict
694 posts

Posted:
sorry I couldnt make it for the weekend guys, I was extremely hungover on sunday and went to the gym to try and get half fit/ un-fat for my holiday.
Ive been practicing a bit in room to get btb 3 beat weave but still cant get it, however last night I cracked btb butterfly so its a start i suppose.

If its not slashing it down tonight I'll come to the park but this nice weather is fast disappearing frown

Is there anywhere indoors we can all practice?

Ive lit my firepoi up now a couple of times and im still not too confident with them, a fountain with windmill singed some of my hair, oops (its been cut shorter now anyway)

CalvinKlownEunathist
280 posts

Posted:
Cheers to Strugs, MCP, and Neon Shaolin for coming over on the weekend, hope to see you all again sometime soon. grouphug

Geezer: Good work with the poi! I managed to hook up three steves in a row last night. (V.Happy.) Now just to do it on fire. shrug help

The forecast says there's only going to be rain tonight until 19:00 so there may well be a clear night. Failing that, I know Chrono333 knows a place thats both sheltered and spinnable. So I'll be going anyway. sunny

Page: