Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
Chemistry?

What's your opinion?

What is it? And how do you know when you have it with someone?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
you just know

Thistleold hand
950 posts

Posted:
Chemistry is fabulous except when it doesn't flow in both directions.

It's when everytime you look at the other person you are overwhelmed by warm fuzzies.

It's when they are the first thing you think about when you wake and the last thing you think of before you drop off at night.

You have chemistry when the other person says exactly what you were about to say.

It is characterised by spending hours on end grinning innanely.

When you have it you will just know.

Are we nearly there yet?

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Exactly, you just know.

No maybes or hesitation about it.

Raphael

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Thistle got in as a was posting.
and damn it she said it sooooo much better than I could
I might as well go back to technical

[ 24 October 2002, 02:48: Message edited by: glass ]

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
I could be really clinical and say its all just hormones, chemicals and pheremones.

Or I could say what I really think... (Damn gemini duality! )

Chemistry is a beautiful thing. I love that special feeling you get when you just meet and click with someone. Its like you're both on the same level, you're thinking what they're thinking, you have that rare understanding of each other before you even get to know them...

Unfortunately, chemistry (like love and fortune a lot of the time) is fickle. But that's what keeps us coming back for more!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
yep . you just know..

This happened many years ago - looked across a crowded college campus.. hairs on the back of my neck stood up on end when he looked at me.. I couldn't speak to him for two months.. the fuzzy feeling was too strong and made me go a bit stupid.. anyway long story short.. ended up living together in Oxford for 2 years.. it was total chemistry for me - We could read each others minds.. I knew when he was coming home - just had gut feelings -- it was great untill he found chemistry with someone else..

he still has my heart tho.. I have no bad feelings towards him..he has a beautiful baby girl with this new girl and I wish him all the best.. still I love him so much it just want to see him happy..

[ 24 October 2002, 03:16: Message edited by: Stix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Chemistry sucks.

Electrons, Protons, Neutrons... When the hell are we ever going to have to use this stuff?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
Can you put into words what Chemistry means.

What kind of interactions (or behaviour patterns) do a couple have when there is positive Chemistry between them.

What kind of interactions do a couple have when there is imbalanced Chemistry (ie. one person feeling it and the other not).

I am doing a little psyc experiment

quote:
Constipated People Don't Give A SHIT

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
I hated Chemistry. My teacher in High School was a real loose cannon.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Kurobeimember
786 posts

Posted:
Chemistry is great until you blow something up and get first degree chemical burns on your face!!

*to someone offstage*
What? Oh THAT chemistry!!!!!!!!

Ah yes, well that chemisrty is fantastic, when you can just feel the other persons presence as a warm glow next to you or even if they're far away you can sense their mind is working like yours.
It's an extra-sensory connection with someone, you can comunicate wordlessly with little effort because your minds are so in tune, you know the other person holds a certain type of love for you purely because of that connection, it's not just a romantic thing, it happens all over the place.
My band for example, sometimes we can be jamming and well all come to a stop at the same time like it was MEANT to happen and it will sound good but somewhere along the line our minds have connected and decided to stop playing at the same time, it's truly wonderfull.
And then there's the romantic connection, even if the other person is over the other side of the world you can feel an unwavering link with them that you know will enable you to become closer, you will feel a strong love and compassion for them.

That chemistry is one of the wonders of life as a sentient being.

whats up with all the limitations?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Well said Kurobie.. very eloquent..

hmm chemisty - usually for me it's a look and more importantly a smell.. pheramones.. I'm quite sensitive to them.. Chemistry for me is looking at someone and melting - I've been told I do it towards a certian person.. my best friend says that I look at him differently to everyone else ( I don't notice it) but she says I melt..

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
so I re read the thread and everytime theres this word chemistry,
I replaced it with this word love.

crickey

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I hope to discover real chemistry again some day...

For now I have to settle for Physics

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
chemistry is just when you really connect with someone.
warm fuzzies is not a sure sign.. i personally detest warm fuzzies. they're fake and addictive and nothing good every comes of them. i've had the fuzz many a time. it's just like any other seretonin booster, addictive.
if you love someone, and i mean real love, not the mushy infatuation shit, but truly love them, then there's really no question about it. and if you have to look for the answer on a message board, i doubt it's real. but then again, i may me wrong. meh
best of luck with that

orangu-funking-tan

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
NYC, I was trying to ignore your childish posts in a beautiful thread (you're in detention, now write out 100 times, I must not lark about in serious posts.)

in answer to Spiral_Ko's question in a way that Might be more helpful. (all IMHO)

Chemistry is a two way thing, a connection, a strong connection. which is why you wrote "with someone."

Look deep into their eyes, theres a lot of truth to be seen in eyes.

And daft as it seems, have you tried asking him/her?

I found out (the hard way): It is possible to have amazingly strong connections with someone, and yet to destroy and upset each other as much as love can make you happy.
(can't do nowt but laugh...now)

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
Chemistry....
I don't think it's so much about connecting with someone on a "gee he really gets me/ sees into my soul" level, to me it's all about Zzzzzzaaap! It's physical. And I don't believe you feel it in situations where affections are not returned...that's different. Chemistry is a volitile exchange of energies. Mutual. I have several purely platonic male friends who understand me and all that warm fuzzy stuff...but i don't have chemistry with them- if i did, they would be more than just friends

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
quote:
when you can just feel the other persons presence as a warm glow next to you or even if they're far away you can sense their mind is working like yours.

im gonna have to agree with Kuro on this one...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
Chemical reactions usually require the introduction of a catalyst. two substabces must come together and then react to the others' presence. So in science, also with love. The reaction must be mutual and simultaneous.

Is it noteworthy that most chemical reactions generate heat?

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Spiral_komember
44 posts

Posted:
Thanks everyone for your imput. I agree with what was said. It's funny how these things are for the most part ineffable yet we try to put them into words. I was recently asked that question; What is Chemistry, to which I couldn't reply. So there I thought it would be interesting to see what other people had to say about it. It is not so much that I need advice on my "situation". I know the score; I feel the chem that the other does not. Why is that, that one person can be so sure but the other doesn't see it or feel it. Where does it go so wrong? Maybe I need to get my nose checked.

Love & Light people
XxSpiral_ko

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Argh! My toes are starting to curl.. I've got flutterbyes in my tummy and my face has gone bright red... my work buds are taking the piss - why is that guy downstairs so cute.. he has a thing for eyes.. got some tattooed on his arm (like David Blaine) - he keeps looking into mine.. melt.. help!