Forums > Technical Discussion > Starburst GLow Poi oooo *touches*

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
These looks snazzy!!

Star Burst Glow Poi

Apparently there new, anyone else heard of them? Orderd a pair so I will tell ya what there like, cant wait.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

FlameChildSILVER Member
Pyromantic
136 posts
Location: Norway (Way way up North, on the left side of Swed...

Posted:
How's the glow?
Do they shine bright?
They look nice though..
anyone tested'em?

-= I am the god of Hell-fire =-
-= And I bring you......fire =-

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm that link didn't work for me and doing a search for the name you give came up with nothing so I guess they have taken them off sale.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Ah I see yes they have taken them off there website...well they where showing them as out of stock the other day,I was lucky to find them there were 50 left when I orderd mine...wonder why there not showing them anymore, maybie they will put them back on the site if they get more in stock who knows....

Well if you never got to see what they are exactly, these new poi can be set to 6 different colours at the flick of a switch (rather than a twisty cap) pink, yellow, terquise, red, blue and green, they can also be set to alternate every 4 seconds, or fade to each colour slowly. The battery life lasts twice as long as any type of poi sold on firetoys website. There very durable and robust (so they say) and only cost 24.95

Sounds too good to be true dosent it hehe, well they might arrive tomorow so as soon as they do I'll post what they are like

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Well they arrived and im impressed and ver pleased ubbrollsmile

The poi can be set to 7 colours actualy. red , blue , green , pink , terquoise, yellow , and a whiteish colour wich is a slight mix of all the pale colours .

They can be set to glow in your chosen colour, or they can cycle through them every 2 seconds, or lastly they can fade into the next colour gradually . All this handled through one little press button (not an annoying twisty cap!)

They come on a strong silver chain (with doubled handles), the ball is slightly bigger than other poi but thats probably because the LED inside is a little larger than most.

There very bright (maybie the size helps with this), and the batterie life lasts six hours and each poi takes two CR1632/3V batteries.

Pretty robust poi not flimsy or brittle, the averagely carefull poier wouldnt brake these, and I think even the more reckless would get alot of use out of them, but for what they offer 24 quid aint a bad price so they wont brake the bank if you have to buy a second pair.

The only down side is that they are from SonicStars, I orderd mine from firetoys website and they have taken them off sale for a little while until the kinks are irond out, since a number of them have been returned, allthough they say the mejority are fine.(mine included except for a slightly sticky button on one poi) Oh and they come in a girly pink carry bag with a sparkly star attached ubbrollsmile

8/10, great value poi wich should make your regular glow poi look crap compared and at around the same price they offer so much more for your money colourwise, the only let down is the small risk of getting an unsatisfactory pair of poi.

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Is there any chance of doing a DIY if they break? I mean, can you open them up to get to the wires, or is the ball just one piece of moulded plastic stuff?

They sound so cool!

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Yes you can actauly, to get inside the plastic ball you just unscrew 4 tiny screws and lift out the led thingie

WOFTSILVER Member
Likes trees...
209 posts

Posted:
Star Burst Glow Poi back in stock on firetoys dot com...

'n Boer maak 'n plan.

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Wow! You totally need to post some photos of them in action.

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
They couldn't make them using standard batteries? frown

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I know its a pain but they can be order through Sonic Stars and they supposidly last 6 hours biggrin

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
You can get them cheaper from ebay
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GLOW-POI-only-15-t...1QQcmdZViewItem

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
If anyone does buy a pair of these I'de suggest also usieng persil washing tablet nets to put these poi inside, the way they are attached to the chain means that they will start to break there way through the plastic ball (if you imagine wood splinters facing upwards you get the picture)...I noticed mine are starting to ever so slightly a few days ago...dam and they started off so promising.

*sighs* I know I said 8/10 earlyer up there but its going down to 7.5/10 lol

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
man, you love the persil bags, not that thats a bad thing

Them poi sure are snazzy, but im mighty poor frown

do you feel like a king when you swing them?

You'll find me on the dance floor

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Im amazed there so usefull for poi lol, thats why

Yes I do I just went out and spun them earlyer, they are so bright at night im gonna have to get pics taken tomorow night when I can get my bro to help (my cam phone has no timer boo)

Er yeah these poi arent for begginers since the outer plastic ball is thiner than most poi, so dont knock em together! For god sakes I seem to find out more bad things about these poi everyday

Melemelmember
114 posts

Posted:
Bump.

Hey Joe long time no speak! Hows things? I did a search on these poi - wondering how they have held out for you given that you bought them nearly a year ago? Im looking for that perfect glow poi for the upcoming summer festy season! Last years experiments with ordering various stuff from techno moves from the US didnt exactly work out - theyre all broken now... frown According to the firetoys site..star burst are on their 3rd manufacture design, so maybe the glitches you mentioned back then are now fixed..

Tomorrows World isnt on anymore...Does that mean its tomorrow now?