Forums > Social Chat > Probably the wrong forum but who gives a monkeys :D

Login/Join to Participate

creaturesfarleySILVER Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
I took these the other day!(well my dad did) How cool!!! Only problem is that i look blurred does anybody know how i can make myself look like i'm not moving??

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Not to be patronising but...

Don't move. tongue.

If you put the camera on a tripod too, that would stabilise the background, but with a long exposure like those needed to capture the trail of flames, any movement you make will be encorporated into the picture also.

Willy - is bad for your health...

stranger
22 posts

Posted:
hmm thanks. i dunno how to swing without moving though. surely thats kinda impossible. I thought about maybe using a flash right at the end of the photo so that there will be a very clear image of me as well as all the kewl trails. i will test that wen it gets dark. i will try yours too. its so much fun biggrin

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Aah!

My bad! Taking a picture with flash would work, you'd just be uber-bright in the picture. The flash would be at the start I think.

Willy - is bad for your health...

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
wicked images. unfortunatley you cant stop your own blurredness, tis nature. use a tripod like lemonkey suggested. wanna see this flashness too.

but anyways i thinks it looks cool blurred.

well done *removes hat, nods, and replaces hat*

You'll find me on the dance floor

stranger
22 posts

Posted:
Written by: arty farty

wicked images. unfortunatley you cant stop your own blurredness, tis nature. use a tripod like lemonkey suggested,

but anyways i thinks it looks cool blurred.

well done *removes hat, nods, and replaces hat*

thank you biggrin *bobs a little masculine curtsey*

I have white flags and i think it would look soooooo neat if i swung them in the dark using a strobe and a long exposure. thoughts?

stranger
22 posts

Posted:
anybody??

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Very cool, let us see more! biggrin

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Small request from someone on Dial up..... can you make the pictures smaller so they fit the frame and also take less time to download please biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I've played with strobes and various other lighting techniques before but not yet with poi.

The best thing (as has already been said) is to use a tripod. If you keep your body reasonably still you can get some really nice effects.

This was done without a tripod but with a long exposure. (its my girlfriend Kaz @ the custard factory in birmingham). You can see the movement of the poi but she looks reasonably stable.

Non-Https Image Link

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah - the flash idea probably wont work with fire. You get a steady image every time the poi (source of light) passes by the subject (you). Getting multiple exposures of you is pretty much unnavoidable.

What you need is Fireworks or Photoshop wink