Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
I'm feeling really ill (damn summer colds) so my mom has been nice enough to ferry cups of coffee from the kitchen to my room. Over the course of the past hour or so I've had 6 (counting the mugs stacked around my bed), the only problem is... I can't sit still. I have the worst caffiene shakes ever. Think the bit in the Exorcist where the girl is bouncing around on the bed. I'm like that but without the demon. I actually look like this eek at the moment. Its so much fun!

For my birthday a week ago I got a nice shiney coffee maker (yay for me) which makes espresso coffee and my old one made filter coffee... 4 shots of espresso fills an ordinary coffee mug and my mom got the two machines confused and has been feeding me espresso instead of filter so with my dodgy math I've had 24 shots of espresso. I'm powering my laptop using wires attached to my nipples!!!

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Coffee is over-rated.

Go buy some Green or White tea from Holland and Barratt.

Willy - is bad for your health...

creaturesfarleySILVER Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
You can apparently die from a caffiene OD and 6 normal cups of coffee can be fatal but i always have about that much on any normal occasion. caffiene rushes are soooo fun. the only bad bitr is being overtly paranoid. We can see you. worried? hee hee. see what i mean?

I had a serious caffiene rush this one time thar i went up to london. i was giggling the whole way there at nothing. what was worse was the fact that it was at 6 in the morning. people hated me a lot after that.

have fun! alchohol is a depressant and might cancel out the effects of a stimulant (thatys why i dont understand irish coffee :S) so its an excuse to drink biggrin

Arent i great ?!

from Will

(in case you hadnt noticed; i have been drinking the brown java too!!) eek

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
think we could detect that creaturesfarley wink

and yes, the recommended amount of coffee we should intake is no more than 3 cups a day, apparently not 24 espresso's. tut tut

caffine will only keep you ill for longer as your body is intent on removing all the toxins you keep putting into it, rather than tacking the actual disease. so stop drinking the dirty brown!!!

You'll find me on the dance floor

creaturesfarleySILVER Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
and also its a dihuretic (sp?) so you will surely be running to the loo every five seconds. but you never know, it could completely flush your cold biggrin

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Diuretic.

I'm sure drinking water would flush one of toxins more efficiently than coffee.

Willy - is bad for your health...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
and what goes up, must come down.

Caffeine crashes aren't the most fun things in the world (that was 16 cans of red bull in a night)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Feeling it now. The little man with the jackhammer won't shut the hell up!!!

Sakura_MoonHop's Kitten Jester.
1,803 posts

Posted:
awww, here
*hands you some milo*

.:Pink Exocutioner:.

I am Jack's Raging Bile Duct...

Loving you from the deepest part of my loins.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Thanks... beer helps too... I think

*cracks open third can*

QuadDamagemember
130 posts

Posted:
Caffeine OD? Try a can of coke with a few spoons of coffee granules dissolved in it. And maybe some sugar, just to take the edge off the bitterness. Then listen to pumping music and do something that gets your pulse racing, like, er, play Soul Calibre.

Then see if you can actually sit completely still without fidgeting, juddering, or talking rubbish at nobody in particular.

I found I couldn't even keep my head and eyes facing the monitor for 10 seconds.

Waaaargh! I'm getting pumped just thinking about it!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You can die from drinking too much water. But you can get an eupohric high trying.

Apparently if you attain the right balance of lots and lots of water versus brain chemicals then you (allegedly) reach a state of nirvana. But get it wrong - the balance is finer than fine - and all your cells explode and you die horribly.

personally I'll stick to 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day and miss the fun of that thank you tongue wink

Meh