Forums > Social Chat > metal tunes to spin to???

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
karegonmember
3 posts

Posted:
does any one know any good metal/rock/punk stuff thats cool to do poi to?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
no. no one.

Meh

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
Sepultura- Kiowas, thay also have some other mellow/ acoustic tunes...a "We who are not as others" from the album Chaos AD.

Black Sabbath have a few instrumentals on their first three albums- I forget the names- What can I say too much pot...

When you are feeling a little more upbeat, check out Obituary's album- World Demise- apart from a beautiful African instrumental at the end it has some great fast stuff suitable for poi.

Led Zeppelin also have about 1 intremental per album- most very progressive/ tribal and if not too mellow, they are pretty irie, and lets not forget the God Of Fire- Jimi Hendrix...there is ample material there- "Let me stand next to your fire??" and a whole barrage of themes that blow away!
I might have a look through my collection and come up with the definitive Rock/ Metal fire tunes list- and ignore any of the trance/techno/dumb and ass/ house-head fairies...all that repetition gets to their heads and they wouldn't know better anyway!

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I was always a fan of dead embryonic cells by sepultura.

Personally (a bit old but bare with me) I'd suggest the Reign in Blood album by Slayer. It's only 29 mins long but has some cracking tunes on it.
Also check Adrenaline Junkies, Ultraviolence, Ministry and AFI.

For future reference please ignore fire emanator. He wouldn't know a joke if it came up and bit his metal nose off. Plus he's evidently a close minded dick head. And we have enough of those in the world already.

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Check out this discssion happening in the help section:
Not Techno!

I'd add to that now, Pennywise - same old story

Ade

Fire_Emanatormember
96 posts

Posted:
Whooo easy there Cuntus... no need to rip into me for ripping into doof heads...lets just keep this post relevant without any bickering then shall we??

I agree...Ministry is a great suggestion....what about Nine inch nails as well...tonnes of material there surely!

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Fire_Emanator.....
it might help if you spelt C@ntus's name right.....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
yeah sepul is my favourite metal band too
If you hear Max Cavalera's next band's (Soulfly) debut self-titled album there is a AWESOME tribal song to twirl to that starts off as a traditional capoeira song (complete with Berimbau). Really powerful, it's called 'tribes' and mentions many of the native tribes around the world struggling to survive. Other insane twirling sepul songs are 'Nomad', 'Biotech is Godzilla'

"Under pale grey skys we will arise!"
-Arise, Max Cavalera

Fear Factory - "Replica" is another classic
KoRn - "Freak on a Leash" rips it
Holly Valance - "Down Boy" is my humour entry
Frenzal Rhomb - "Punch in the Face" is a funny punk song
Rage Against the Machine - "Township Rebellion" is my fave RATM track, and 'Bombtrack' is sweet too
I love my psytrance, but metal rocketh my world too. (Incidentally, there are a handful of psy artists in Melb who are part of metal bands )

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
For me, different bands evoke different moods, and some metal bands have a genre all their own. It depends on what frame of mind you're in (or want to be) when you spin.

For the Old School crowd, I find Iron Maiden to be great background...it's melodic, inertial, and at times repetitive, and a lot of their songs are a decent length (Over 6 mintues).
Along the same line is Savatage & Queensryche, very fluid yet hard-hitting riffs, with strong rhythms.
I wholeheartedly agree with the suggestion of Black Sabbath, look particularly at the first album.
I would even recommend Metallica, but only certain vintage selections off their S&M album...

For newer metal, try Disturbed, Godsmack, Rob Zombie, Static-X...Linkin Park is been growing on me lately, oh, and don't forget Nickelback!

And just to get a word in for hair metal, try some Def Leppard or Tesla, the drums and guitars of those bands just mesh so well, it produces an amazingly rhythmic cadence all their own.

I try to avoid 'speed' or deth' metal, the reasons for which I will not get into here...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
not exactly on topic but rob d clubbed to death is cool to poi to!

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
Reign in blood, bloody hell i aint heard that in a while all though

I do prefer diablos in musica or maybe Seasons In The Abyss. AFI "the art

of drowning" is indeed a superb album. By the way Clubbed to death is

just a rip off of edward elgars enigma variations. Try "NOLA"

by down or "sounding the seventh trumpet" by avenged sevenfold

both total master pieces, and if you want something really brutal

try will haven's album el diablo .

Here are a few more well worth the money:
"the shape of punk to come" by refused
"a bustle i your hedgerow" by down
"burn my eyes" by machine head
"sublime" by sublime
[garbo]

be excellent to each other: safe:

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
Tool is very good to twirl to. Any album.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

gάrbǿ²addict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
yeah, forgot about that.

"stinkfist" and "H" off aenima are

quote:
AMAZING
[garbo]

be excellent to each other: safe:

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey what about track 8 from Aenima left on continually? A real circus vibe until ya tear your own hair out...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I would have to concur with bender that anything by soulfly is fantastic to spin to, especially umabaraunga (I think thats the right spelling), and back to the primitive. If ska is your thing you might want to try special brew and return of the ugly by bad manners. System? haven't tried yet but I'm sure they would be good too. Infact most music is good to spin to.

??Repetitive beats anyone??

6,978 posts

Posted:
Hey if you REALLY wanna go deaf while spinning, ya can't go past:
'Leonardo's Bride - Even When I'm Sleeping'
damn it gets my blood boiling - I spin waaaay too fast when this track is blasting...

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
mmmm.... yes, Black and White - Static X
Open your Eyes - Goldfinger
some other ones I can't remember

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Kabukimanmember
42 posts

Posted:
My favorite metalish track to spin to is a song called "She is My Sin" by Nightwish. It's a pretty neat beat, and the lead singer being involoved in operaish singing during the duration of the song is a good effect as well... but the blend, to me, seems to be made for fire spinning.

I wouldn't know... I've never given a cartoon character an orgasm.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Okay..I would like to nitpick on Nickleback being Heavy Metal. Ummmm...no. ROck yes, but Metal...no.
Silly Prom!

Nine In Nails, Bush, White Zombie....

Speed and Deth metal are really good for a
workout, though I am leary of putting it in shows.
The drive behind it is really fun to try to keep up with and it really gets the heart pumping and the body warmed for what's to follow.

Puddle of Mudd, Systematic, Ozzy, Iron Maiden....
Godsmack from the first cd, love spinning to "Voodoo".
Disturbed from the first cd, especially "Games" (the 2nd one isn't as good at all)
Lincoln Park is too whiney.
Limp Bizkit is great, especially "Break Stuff", and how appropriate.
Metallica is fun, not S&M. I enjoy "Whiskey in the Jar" and "Fuel" especially.
Speaking of...the band Fuel is good too.
I just like music too much to choose so I think I'll shut up now.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Nice thread Thought of a few more...

Old School punk: Buzzcocks (fallen in love), Dickies (killer clowns), Minor Threat, ALL

Metal: Metallica (unforgiven rocks), Black Sabbath (paraniod), Led Zeppelin (rock and roll), some deth metal's ok, like some early napalm death...

Deepmember
68 posts

Posted:
i put on "the burning red" album by Machine Head the other day and couldnt stop twirling the whole way through. they do a brilliant cover of "message in a bottle" on that album but generally the whole album keeps a tempo that is manageable.
apart fron that, "the downward spiral" NIN is a good choise, but then, its one of my favorite albums anyway so i'm bound to say that
infact, anything by NIN rules!!!

beep

Distorted Silencemember
217 posts

Posted:
Ah although I havent twirled to it, Black lung by rancid was playing on my firetwirling video that I made and it went perfectly with the beats...

You've got to move fast to beat the Devil - Your arm's too short to box with God.

theblackunicornmember
119 posts

Posted:
anything from emperor or rhapsody is great..them and cradle of filth and some mortis makes for a damn good spin

its to dying in anothers arms and why i had to try it......

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
If you play one of the tool albums (think its lateralus but don't quote me) through a mixer you get some barvarian polka playing very softly in between a track... that'd be interesting to twirl to!

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

6,978 posts

Posted:
hey queen of wands, i think that's the 'intermission' track 8 of Aenima.
I left it on for like an hour at a party once and was disowned for doing so
/hides in corner.

Infected Mushroom use guitar samples
yeah!

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Pele, Limp Bizkit, tut tut tut.

Hmmm.... Cradle of Filth - Her ghost in the fog

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
No S&M Pele?

That album was the first time I really appreciated Metallica since Cliff died.

And it's hard to place a label on a band like Nickelback, after hearing a song like Never Again which is all charged up, but then you find out they have a song on the easy listening station, too. I can't remember which one at the moment

ANYWAY, I forgot Diamondhead, Rammstein, Judas Priest(Painkiller album), Ministry, KMFDM, Faith No More (Probably gonna take flak for that one, too) and of course Sacred Reich

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
I just recently did a contact juggling performance to some tracks from the Akira soundtrack, if you like that kinda stuff. Other anime soundtracks might be able to offer you some good stuff.

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
too much ready so i don't know if you specified if you were looking for anything with or without lyrics.
with: i'd recommend disturbed. goood beats, a tad too angry for my taste though.

actually, i'm gonna stop there cuz it completely depends if you want fast or slow, mellow or hard, etc.

ignore this post. i need some green

orangu-funking-tan

ZaphodBRONZE Member
23 posts

Posted:
quote:
Tool is very good to twirl to. Any album.
Tool is very, very good to twirl to.

My very favorite is: Parabola off of Lateralus

Parabola starts off fast and the first half is very good for weave variations/combinations. Towards the middle it slows a bit and its good to wrap and change into a set of butterfly variations. Parabola is a very smooth and unique song to spin to.

Another Tool song I would highly reccomend spinning to is Aenema off of Aenima. Good beats.

Danny Carrey is a freakin madman behind the drum kit!!!!

DON'T PANIC

Page: