Forums > Social Chat > Call Out For San Diego: Performer Needed

Login/Join to Participate

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I was recently contacted by a lovely woman in San Diego who would like a performer for her after hours party.
Requirements for referral are proper insurance and previous performing experience (with fire).
Please let me know if you are interested and we'll talk!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Have you tried looking in the Meet Otters section?

You know the mods will shout at you for posting like this? But as you're a newbie they may let it slide

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I did, and at FirePerfomers.com. This isn't a gathering and technically, not a performance announcement yet so I am putting it here. This, to me, seemed one of the most reliable ways to get the answers I needed (which if you have noticed, is nothing yet....)
But thanks for the warm welcome!

Pele

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Anytime. Tell me have you posted an introduction yet? I'm sure folks round here would be fascinated if you did.

Meh

dulce flamesmember
234 posts

Posted:
I'm sure you'll find someone soon Pele. I'll nominate Pozee, but of course that decision is up to him... I don't have insurance at this point, but you'll find someone quick! Thanks for posting

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thanks Dulce!
Yes Cantus, I did.. a looooong time ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Pele

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Found it Cantus, and dredged it back up!

Pele

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I would be very supprised if Pozee and his troupe turned this down. I'd second Pozee in a heartbeat.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
Pele, when anyone gets these offers, please post them, or a copy, in our regional Home of Poi Official Southern California-wide Thread maintained by SoCalFire in International Events & Performances.

ideal would be posting the details there, then if you like posting a Social Discussion thread pointing to it, to get more immediate attention.

pozee is a host (admin) within SoCalFire, as am I and a few others here, and most SoCal HoP'ers are our 411 e-list members.

we're gettin our region organized, and networking from LA to San Diego these days, pullin' it all togetha, ya know!

did you speak with Adrienne in person, Pele? Adrienne's bodysolutions offer must've been a multi-send to lots of peeps. i followed up and e-mailed back, giving my phone number, but no response, so someone in or out of HoP must've filled the order if the gig's going through. can you tell me more about her for future opportunities & also so we can give props, even a review or pix, from her event?

SoCalFire regularly now responds to all regional offers which come directly to SoCalFire (as a copy of this did), to hosts & members of ours who bring it to our network's attention, or which we discover in our contacting around. we've clarified that in our loose community & the looseness of pyro culture in general, we're a network rather than any other form of org.

we help, inform, & support everyone, registered member or not, never take sides, we serve virgin, amateur & pro. we advocate a minimum rate for commercial gigs, and are becoming a clearinghouse for them, opening opportunities to all who are qualified, playing no favorites. we're a free service, full of welcome, all volunteers, entirely non-profit, and we'd love everyone's support, including yours, as we get things happenin better than they have before, this year! so be sure to give us da love, and at least copy all SoCal offers & news to our thread, and when e-mailing, be sure to cc: us at SoCalFire@yahoo.com. thanx much!

btw, i owe you more personal mail for a good while now, for which i apologize. i have been using all my concentration power in the service of SoCalFire, Tribes of the Moon, Home of Poi, and some looser capacities for my social play here at HoP as i recuperate. next week i shall be clear to mail you far more properly, Pele.

thanx! hey Pele, do Northeast fire artists network any way?

~ Mikie

[ 26 October 2002, 09:19: Message edited by: FíreMîke ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US