Forums > Introductions > yet another noob to this community

Login/Join to Participate

indagatrixnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
greetings

i've seen people praticing poi a couple times, here and there, and thought about how fun it would be and how it would be a wicked thing to get into. damn i was wrong, its much more fun than it looks and its been an amazing thing to get into. i didnt know anything about it until recently, i decided to look it up and came across this site. i must say, i was stoked to find this forum a few days ago and see that it is full of awesome folk. since then i've put together a couple pair of poi, first with what junk i had available (shoelaces, neon orange surveyor's ribbon and big soft skateboard wheels) and then a much nicer lookin set after a quick trip to the hardware store (and i'm very proud of these too, with their leather loops and big shiny chain). the lessons offered by HOP have proven to be a killer way to learn this art too, as i've managed to get a bunch of the moves in the HOP lessons (i had to browse the forums for some more tips on conquering the weave, but woohoo, i got it, after catching a poi in the nuts a few times...). its good to meet you all, i look forward to being a part of this community of pyros, performers and riffraff.

julian

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
welcome to our (slightly crazy) community *waves*

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

ezzBRONZE Member
moo..
1,899 posts

Posted:
hello there wave
dont worry we arent aaaaaall slightly crazy ..some of us are completly mad! hehe where are you from if you dont mind me asking ?(i dont think i read it)

ouch i sat on my leg too long and now its gone to sleep

hug me!

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Welcome.

Mad, crazy, frootloops, funnyfarm fodder. Thats us.

Hope you weren't trying to learn weaves with your skatewheel poi. Urathane + high speed = owch. I want to try poi while boarding... haven't quite got it yet.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Hello, welcome to HoP!!
wave weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

indagatrixnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
Written by: onefinalstep

Urathane + high speed = owch

actually they're downhill wheels (for a longboard) so they're relatively soft (78a). still a bit painful, so i had plenty of incentive to get it right

Written by: ezz

where are you from if you dont mind me asking ?

victoria, british columbia, canada. i was living in st petersburg, florida, for most of this past year, and i'm sooo glad to be back on the westcoast.

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
Another downhill boarder biggrin fan-bloody-tastic. I've not skated in ages. I'm gonna get my board.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't