*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
Hey all, starting this monday we're gonna be having some gatherings on the grass outside the dry dock. Its pretty short notice for this monday, so will probably be quite small (i.e. just me and a couple others so far) but if your a poi/staff lover in the leeds area, please come along and introduce yourself! its about time there was some kind of gathering for us in leeds. and if it rains we're next to a pub... handy... ubbrollsmile

this is all up for discussion, so any input would be welcome! hope to see you there

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
Sparkely arty Mormon rainbow fairy
933 posts

Posted:
Wow., i would definatly be up for that!! cant come this monday, but when i can come, can i bring a few spinning freinds? I think they would enjoy this!

Property of Fine_Rabid_Dog

*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
The more the merrier, spread the word! Hopefully by the time term starts it can be a regular thing.
ubbrollsmile

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
933 posts

Posted:
What time were you thinking of it starting?

*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
I don't know, 8ish sounds ok to me? time keeping is not my strong point.

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
933 posts

Posted:
sounds ok to me.

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
933 posts

Posted:
Actutualy, what about starting it a little bit earlyer?
Im free from aroud 5.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
A Leeds meet would be cool biggrin
I cant make this one frown cos of work and stuff frown in fact I'm totally booked up till mid September redface (dam all these accursed poi meets ubbrollsmile (runs of and hugs Dunc and others hug))

If you can organise this into a regular meet up thing like with the [Old link] and the [Old link] it could be great. biggrin

Edit your first post into something comprehensible with full details of each meet as it comes up so people from outside the aria can just read it give you a post and pop on over to spin with you guys. weavesmiley

There is nothing better at the Manchester meets than having spinners from round the country drop in cos they where in the vicinity. biggrin

I am defiantly up for coming over to spin with you lot and I'm sure I can drag a large chunk of the Manchester lot to.
rolleyes

see ya all soon hug

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

house_of_millGOLD Member
old hand
896 posts

Posted:
Considers oneselfs dragged,its only a train away isnt it Tobi?

*Thats one of my favourite Nurseries over there,*

Roman, Trippie Hippie,On the way back from Play Festival

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh bou 45 min

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Boo_BunnyBRONZE Member
933 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Im heading to my first leeds meet tomorrow! Yay!
and im bringing a freind.

*poppy*BRONZE Member
27 posts

Posted:
hey all,

Really sorry to be so scatty but stuff has changed for me and i need to head back home for a month or so, unfortunately this means no poi fun for a while. I still reckon that we need to start a Leeds meet, so i'll keep checking this thread and hopefully we can get something going properly next semester. Keep the faith!

Surgenewbie
6 posts

Posted:
oh wow, didnt see this thread! wooo yeh I would love to join in on this...

there is one thing, I dont know if anybody on heres goes or not, but I do goto the cabbage at the west indian centre every month its on, Im gonna start taking my pois there..it starts up again on the 10th september, its a PsyTrance all night party if anybody goes there or wants to meet up PM Me! biggrin

weavesmiley

mount_stainnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
well sorry i didn't go to that. only jus got round to trying to find poi societies but does anyone know of a poi club or something in leeds. i can do like basic moves but was wondering if theres some club about that can show me other stuff, this websites not so good at describing the moves that well.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
hey, if you ever want come to york and hang out with our jugglesoc, and i go to leeds on shabbat sometimes and such. tho things are restricted then. anyway i know leeds has some groups and such, you should be able to hunt people down

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

shaySILVER Member
stranger
17 posts

Posted:
check this out: