Forums > Social Chat > Agony Artys Problem Solving Thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
We've all been there, unable to decide whether to go out or not, wear this dress or that, or whether to roast or grill the rat were having for breakfast.

Now let your un-makeable decision rest in the hands of the fellow HoPer below you. Got a non decision making situation? post it here!!

At the moment I cant decide whether to start my dissertation this summer, so i get a head start for next yr, or just have the most relaxed non-stressed summer ever! What to do?

It rests in your hands. Thank you.

You'll find me on the dance floor

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
do the first paragraph, then you can kid yourself into believing you've done some work, and still have a relaxed non-stressed summer smile
I don't have any problems. my life is great biggrin

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
start it, work on it for a week, so you have a headstart, but then stop after that week (maybe going back periodically as you think of stuff) and enjoy the summer!

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
two good points of view there, thanks guys. so your saying start it, but dont go crazy. MARVELLOUS!!! biggrin

any other problems? come on now, we know youve got some, koodgy-coo.

LiL Turkey!enthusiast
209 posts

Posted:
kk I got one but its a daft one so here goes...

Mates 21st birthday bash - dressing in school uniform! Now do I got for Sexy, seductive and WOW or do I go for a funny take this piss outfit??? looks bit like daisy dares you???

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you! wink

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
urg!! sorry just had random flashback of that program, Zapp wasnt it? *cringe*

defo go for the sexy look. its a cracker if you can do it. otherwise you might look like the 'geek from school' or julia jeckle from that other *cringe* tv program.

Yes, sexy it is!

shall i stay up posting or go to bed? *yawn*

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
black bra, white shirt tied up under your boobs/buttons undone, grey pleated skirt very short, black 'school' shoes with humongus heels, white socks, thick black mascara, pink lip gloss..ect

although that tends to drift more towards slut than sexy..

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I got one...do i go for a complete life change or plod along like everyone else...have a need to do something totally outragous and life changing...should I move to Hastings..I have a GF there it's only new but i do like the place and the people are cool...you know who you are. but means leaving family best friend, secure ejob and selling or renting my house?

I'm feeling very random at the mo???

Does mean leaving southampton but only 2 hrs away

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Umm, how sure are you that you could get another job there? I don't have the first clue about your life, so really don't want to offer advice on moving wink

I've got a "friend" who I wasn't sure wanted to be friends with me anymore. Every time we did something together it was because I suggested it. I decided to not ring her, and see how long it took for her to ring me, or come round. I know this comes dangerously close to playing games, but I didn't really want to ask "Do you even want to hang around with me?"

It's been almost a month. I think that signals that I don't ever cross her mind, or that she doesn't want to see me any more.

Do I ring her and say "Thanks for pretending to be my friend, screw someone else over next time" or do I just never see her again?

I'm just confused and hurt that she never said anything while we hung around together... If she didn't want to see me, she just needed to say... ubbcrying

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I know how you feel. Don't right them off straight away. my best mate moved away for 2 Years and never called. he's just bloomin awful at remembering stuff. Might be worth calling once to see how the react/seem and seeing if they do it again. I know I have friends But a few are so slack unless I suggest something they often slip into routine.
Not to say you might be right, but I always give people a second chance. some of my best friends i didn't hear from for years, before i contacted them.
All depends what made you think they didn't want to be friends with you

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
wow mynci thats a mahoosive move, dont think id be able to take a step like that, but then thinking back how did anyone let me go to uni? i was 18 and didnt know the slightest thing about looking after myself, but i did it.

friends are friends whether your near or far, tho having to make new friends in a new place *inhales breath sharply through teeth*, scares me a bit. )oh, and well done for breaking 2000 posts biggrin, *removes hat, nods and replaces hat*)

Sethis, I wouldnt bother with her anymore. You know what she was like before you stopped contact, and if she was different from when you first met. You know when the fun isnt there! Dont mull it over, just wait for the contact, at least then you'll know how she feels.

And i also have 'one of those' friends who i hear hide-nor-hair from in months and months, and it sucks. but as mynci said, some people are just like that, TW*TS!!

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Mynci,risky business dude...I say go for it! Take a walk on the wild side,but if the only reason for doing it is the girl,itll backfire,if shes only part of the reason do it do it do it!

Sethis,know how youre feelin dude,I'm in the exact same situation.I'm sure your friend wants to hang out with you, I think shes just lazy with a lack of imagination...a bit of a follower. People like these need suggestion in order to do stuff beacause they dont want to take risks or seem needy. Unless youve been begging her to hang out with you,in which case, cut your losses, she aint worth it(but im almost certain this isnt the case anyway.) Shes probably just got some insecurities at the mo.

Arty, I'm with the others, do some of the work,just a page, but do it well,make sure youre proud of it,then leave the rest for after a well earned break.

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
hmm i cant decide turk, give us pictures of both and we'll decide

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol cheeky cheeky

cheers blu, think i just need a bit of persuasion. il start it next week, wink

can someone tell me whether i should go out tonight or not?

I have work tmo at 9.15am, so not a very early start, but its putting me off, and i cant be arsed with anything really right now. people are asking me to do the pub thing, or should i go to see the fireworks at Cowes then club it up after?

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Stay in and read a book in the bath for 2 hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

thegreatnonamemember
58 posts

Posted:
here is a question I have been kicking around. I just quit going to art school and am needing a job. Should I go get a regular job at a store or be a bartender?

Isn't sanity a one trick pony? Rational thought is all you get but when you are crazy the sky is the limit.

KupschSILVER Member
163 posts

Posted:
i have a regular job, its bawjaws, im working first thing in the morning too so : artyfarty, if ure anything like me with a hangover, i suggest staying in and getting a good kip and party tomoro night! and thegreatname, probably better being a bartender, although only in a pub not a club cuz that way u can go out after!!
sethis, i know how u feel, ditch the bitch for now, but leave the door open. lil turkey! defi go for the sexy look!
id leave the dissertation til the last minute, but ude prob be better starting it and then going back to it once your back at uni. maaan, i hope ive not missed anyone...

i have many puzzling scenarios....my biggest is...do i go back and do a masters in dietetics when its another two years of uni...or do i opt for getting a job as a nutritionist???

SethisBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
1,762 posts

Posted:
Do a masters, its another 2 years of not paying taxes wink

Could you do Nutrition part time or not?

thegreatnoname: Depends on what you like. If you want a boring, inane job then go to the store, on the other hand, if you want to work in a bar then say goodbye to your hearing. Sorry, that sounds a bit depressing, doesn't it? Have you tried looking for something in the Library? They're generally nice places to work.

thegreatnonamemember
58 posts

Posted:
Im leaning toward doing the bartending thing, I worked for a year in a retail store and three years in a hospital so I am tired of boring jobs. The noise of a bar won't really bother me I am a drummer so I think that is worse on my hearing than a bar will be.

Isn't sanity a one trick pony? Rational thought is all you get but when you are crazy the sky is the limit.

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
ive been woking in retail now for 4 (insert cuss) yrs. i do enjoy it but now im feeling a change too.

i have friends who work as barmaids etc and they love it. if its quite a pumping place its like partying at work i spose. what could be better than that? (well lots of things of course, but thats not for here)

anyway i say bar job. once you can pull a pint anyone will snap you up....in the bar/pub industry i mean.

tumtummember
33 posts

Posted:
uh, ok, I have a bit of a problem. I've fallen for one of my friends. Weve been friends for ages (not best friends, and we dont see each other often, but we meet up when we can and look out for each other). I met up with her again recently, and it hit me that I no longer loved this girl, I was inlove with her.

Shes recently been through a bit of a tough time with a guy, which I know really broke her heart, but since that she's expanded her social circle and started acting a bit differently (for the better because that last guy was a w@nker). I know shes seen a few guys recently and I think this may lead onto a relationship (it hasnt turned into a relationship yet) so I know I have to tell her how I feel soon,before one of these other guys gets in first, but I dont know if she even wants a relationship or if shes just having fun, also how do I tell her.. I dont know what to do.

Im hungry!!!

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
personally i'd say tell her - i was in a similar situation and missed my chance - ive also been on the other side where a good friend told me he wanted to be more than friends and it destroyed a friendship - when i turned him down he said he couldnt be around me anymore, so we didnt speak for a while but now hes a really good friend again. he was getting bitter about me seeing other people and that on its own would have ruined our friendship. tell her how you feel! better to know you tried than live with a lifetime of regret.

Mine: do i quit my job and go backpacking next january?

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[noodles]*Property of Pigeon Wigeon*
893 posts

Posted:
How good's the job and can you get back into it after the trip? If it's a crappy job then I say go on the trip. If you don't take the chance you'll regret it.

Could somebody stop the room please... I'd like to get off

ChickpeaSILVER Member
mostly a muppet in need of distraction...
305 posts

Posted:
its nursing - a good job but they wont hold it open for 12months id have to reapply.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
you'll regret not going, you have the chance to work for the rest of your life (woo!) but responsibilities can get in the way of backpacking

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
TumTum don't rock the boat with your friend, If she's happy then let her continue to be so, when/if her new thing starts to fade be a friend and let her know after.... how would you feel if you were getting to know / dating a girl and her friend jumped to declare his love? I know I'd have been crushed if it had happened when I started seeing my new lady. Be her friend til the time is right.
But I feel for you dude, one of my friends started a relationship with a girl he knew I had fallen for (long time ago)

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
I got a problem to sort by friday evening....
I have no cash....limited petrol and a job to find.
I have been invited away, but think the cost is gonna cripple me.
BUT
the trip (2hr drive) is to see my mate on his birthday, I'm due to give others lifts, and I want to go and spin.
Should I go and relax from my stresses (hastings)
OR
Should I stay, save my cash and fuel and search for a job?

No answers from:
el ginger 1 (sorry mate wanna come but poor)
Screech (I know your take)
Blu_Valley (and yours)
or Aimée or loz/ lozzy bear/sqaurexedge (I know you're biased)

tumtummember
33 posts

Posted:
Cheers Mynci. I know youre right, but Im having problems dealing with the way I am feeling about her. I want to see her and be with her.But your right... as much as I hate to admit it...

Uh, if youre under the age of 40, go to your mates thing, if youre over the age of 40, stay home.

Im hungry!!!

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Cheers.... it's a close call,... (are you talking stone???) ubblol

squarexbearSILVER Member
....of doom!
585 posts

Posted:
COME TO HASTINGS...COME TO HASTINGS...COME TO HASTINGS....COME TO HASTINGS...COME TO MY BIRTHDAY TOO...COME TO HASTINGS..

mausBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,191 posts

Posted:
okay my dilemma,
decided a couple of months ago that i would go travelling with a friend in february of next year,even handed my notice in at my flat and am due to move out in a month....the plan was to move into my friends house for a few months and save enough money to go...
....however....last week my friend decided she was going to uni instead, so now i'm soon to be left with nowhere to live,and nobody to go travelling with,i've also just met the most amazing man who makes me feel more special than i've ever felt....

so the question...
do i A) continue as planned,hope that i can bum off other peoples sofas for the next few weeks and go anyway alone...

or...

B)frantically look for somewhere to live,lose my deposit for the trip(£300), cut my losses and make it a go of it with my blokey???

bit of an intense one i know,but any advice would be muchly aprreciated!!

oh and arty- spankthats for you babe!!

Page: