Forums > Social Chat > best moment of womad 2005

Login/Join to Participate

the happy manmember
37 posts

Posted:
just wondering who went to womad in rivermead reading and what was your best moment.

mine was spinning poi in the siam tent in uv light then laying down eyes closed listening to yasmine levy.

ta

chris

"were all in uniforms here and dont you forget it" Mr Zappa

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
i went to womad last year... biggrin

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
do you know a lady called bev from the isle of wight? i work with her.

she spins, and i know she went. quite small, with short curley died red hair?

You'll find me on the dance floor

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
There were hundreds of people spinning poi this year..... most were utter beginners but it was fun.

The best part of Womad for me this year had to be either being Faery Bombed at the fairylove shop or finding my top hat was still there the day after I first saw it and was hence meant to be mine so I bought it or spinning hoop at 1am in the dark with a whole load of other tent dwellers in the campsite or dancing like a loon on the last night infront of the Chai tent to the drum workshop or learning to stilt walk or eating sticky chocolate cake whilst laying on my back looking at the rain clouds coming in or....... well all of it really. I had a fab time, but then I always do! biggrin

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
I enjoy the absolute contempt you throw into the phrase 'utter beginers'. hehe

i know someone seeing Bev was a long shot, but i had to ask. This is the Isle of Wight and i guess were just used to knowing most people biggrin

You'll find me on the dance floor

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
No Contempt was meant in that statement. They were people that had just got poi off the stalls and were asking us how to use them. Hence they were utter beginners, never having twirled a single poi.

Everyone has to start somewhere and the more the merrier I think.

the happy manmember
37 posts

Posted:
is there any pictures of stuff going on at womad on this site?

+ did anyone see me in the siam tent doing lots of long arm stuff w big curly hair and big red trousers?

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
no, 'fraid not, didnt see you, saw a very good club juggler tho.

Best moments for me this womad were seeing Maori women spinning traditional haka poi, i saw them one day then the next and theyd made me a set of poi biggrin another 'moment' was every night at the drum workshops outside the Chai Chapel, i joined in every night and had a blast. Another is meeting up with the trickswap guys, great spinners all of them and lovely people, found out they knew some hopper friends so that was nice smile but one of my top moments was a band called the King Swingers in the Spiegel Tent on saturday night (if you didnt go in the spiegel tent, you missed out) they were absolutely incredible.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

the happy manmember
37 posts

Posted:
yeah i saw a cool club juggler and a couple of ppl doin loads of isos and hyperloops, they were impressive!

the happy manmember
37 posts

Posted:
for those who went who was your favourite artist?

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey guys, what's the difference between that and the womad that's held in Adelaide? sounds nice with chait and twirlage!!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
8,428 posts

Posted:
Bender I believe they are all run by the same organisation. The Womad Festival in Reading England has been going for over 20 years. This is their web site. ubbrollsmile

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey that's nice

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always