• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

animatEd
BRONZE Member since Aug 2004

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Total posts: 3540
Posted:I've just spoken to Nucleopoi on the phone...

She's just been evacuated from York Train station because of yet *another* bomb!!

Will it never end?

I think she's ok, at least she said she was, but then the line went dead, and I haven't been able to get through to her since, it just rings and rings!!

:Worried Graemlin:

Empty your mind. Be formless, Shapeless, like Water.
Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, or it can Crash.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete Topic

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:They have probably turned the networks off hun so the bomb can't be set of remotely with a phone. I'm sure she is fine hug

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:Surely it wouldn't ring and ring if they had done that?

Put Water into a cup, it becomes the cup, put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Skulduggery
GOLD Member since Aug 2004

Skulduggery

Pirate Pixie Crew Captain

Total posts: 8428
Posted:If it rings and ring on your end it doesn't mean its ringing at the other end......... Ed she will be fine hun. Trust a nutty old chocoholic pirate faery on this one!

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:OK, seeing as it's not a crazy nutty old chocoholic pirate faery...

I hope she is...

Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Mand
SILVER Member since Oct 2003

Mand

Keeper of the Spitfire

Total posts: 2317
Posted:Odd... haven't heard anything about it over here, and I can't find anything on the news about it.
I'm positive that Skully's right. I wouldn't stress over it.
hug2

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

Delete

newgabe
SILVER Member since Mar 2005

newgabe

what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.

Total posts: 4030
Posted:LtC.... Not sure if you remember the days when the IRA were campaigning... there were 100s of real incidents and 1000s of evacuations... frequent, widespread, and rarely reported. Because that was how the 'authorities' played it. Low key, not hysterical but efficient. Someone could drop a suspicious looking sandwich and a place could be evacuated as a precautionary response. I lived in London for 10 years of that.. was personally involved in 3 controlled detonation incidents that never made the papers. There was a lot of sense in the 'calm' response of the the times. Took a lot of the 'terror' out of terrorism....

Nowdays the media goes nuts every chance it gets... repeats and indeed hypes the same stuff till you think everything is worse than it is... take Douglas Adams advice... Don't Panic. its all Mostly Harmless. Even now.

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:They did a controlled explosion.

Nucleopoi is fine.

*phew!!*

Be Water My Friend.

Delete

Sethis
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:My sister was evacuated form York station, she missed 3 connecting trains and consequently will be very late.

But given a choice between that and her coming back as a corpse, I'm glad they took the proper precautions.

Thank you Mr Police and whoever reported it!

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete

animatEd

animatEd

1 + 1 = 3

Posted:Nucleopoi only got home to Ripon about 25/30 mins ago!

She was gonna leave at five!!

Be Water My Friend.

Delete

_Clare_
BRONZE Member since Oct 2002

_Clare_

Still wiggling

Total posts: 5967
Posted:"Someone could drop a suspicious looking sandwich and a place could be evacuated as a precautionary response."

ubblol

So true.

"But given a choice between that and her coming back as a corpse, I'm glad they took the proper precautions."

Do proper precautions include bag searches?!! Lol, just kidding, honestly biggrin hug ubblol

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Sethis
BRONZE Member since Mar 2017

Sethis

Pooh-Bah

Total posts: 1762
Posted:ubblol ubblol hug

Nope, cos it wasn't in someone's bag!

Sorry, stolen the thread. I'll go back to the other one now... ubbangel

After much consideration, I find that the view is worth the asphyxiation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Delete

Kyrian

Dreamer

Total posts: 4308
Posted:I answered my own question. Good that everything was ok. (:
EDITED_BY: Kyrian (1123083164)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Delete

quiet

quiet

analytic

Total posts: 503
Posted:quote: 'They have probably turned the networks off hun so the bomb can't be set of remotely with a phone . . . '

this is an urban myth, people. the reason that the networks went down was in order to allow the emergency services and other important people free access to communications. google it, if you don't believe me.

ture na sig

Delete