JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Having a pair of pegs I've always though of dura stilts as a bit cheap, but I can definately see the advantage of them. Thoughts?

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

marcoenthusiast
328 posts

Posted:

I have both, pegs and dura's that is, also I have powerisers, they each have specific benefits, probably the main advantage, actually thinking about, the only advantage, is the achievavble height, I currently work at between five and six foot on peg stilts, I actually find peg stilts to be more comfortable than duras, they deal with steep inclines better, well so I've found.

Dura's definitly provide a stable platform on which to perform, and mostly the main advantage is that you can just stop, and pause, or rest or just stand there, without the constant shuffle, shuffle, shuffle, although on six foot I generally find stop shuffle pause about 8 secs, shuffle some more, repeat, it gets easier with aditional height.

Dura's from my perspective certainly have an advantage, when working in confined areas or where crowd densities are high, i take some work in night clubs, while I have used pegs in this environment, (two foot), from a risk assesment and spotter (if used) I would have to say that dura's have the edge where there are lots of people.

mark

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
just to let you know, that a very similar disscussion in going on in the help forums.

dont reply here, go to the help section!

hope that helps!

passing through, this world still lives.

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
Well, you see, the discusion going on in the help forum is what is technically known as 'off topic,' so I thought it'd be much more organized to have a thread dedicated to such matters, and let OWD's thread be used for it's intended purposes.

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"