VampyricAcidSILVER Member
veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
just did a search and noticed that there were no threads on meteors, been playing with a pair of my sock poi that i joined together in an ingenius fashion...ok well its not that clever, but it works...but anyway, i can do a forward weave and a backwards weave, and butterflys are do-able, but what other moves are there you can do with a meteor cos im sure you can link staff moves and poi moves some how, and maybe some contact staff??

idead below, and ill give it a try smile

Proudly Owned By The BMVC

Are You Sniffing My Mitten?

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
ah yeah there are heaps of threads on meteor. go to the search engine, click on 'Other toys' forum to search this forum for 'meteor' and you will find heaps of threads.

Please do a search first.

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
granted there are threads, but very few discuss moves, infact, out of the ones i read, there was one, and that was off topic, so i figured i was ok to starts a meteor moves thread. most of them discuss length of meteor and thats about it

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
in that case, i know two cool moves.

the first, you start off in a normal weave-ish thing, then kick one of them, sending it into a butterfly. courtessy of ezz

the other, you do a butterfly and wrap it around your neck, letting go, you flip your head back, so they launch up into the air. catch. spin.

ill try and put up a video soon.

cheers, pete biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
ooooooh that throw sounds coool cant wait for the video, got a pass beind my back yesterday, that looks cool, and i can weave one handed smile

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
try the kick biggrin

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
lol ok ill give it a go biggrin been trying a pass over my neck and under my right arm, done it a couple of times, but trying to smooth it out now

Goggle_Girlnewbie
2 posts

Posted:
A meteor is a string with one glowstick attatched, yes? I'm suprised they don't have any threads at all on it. We'll have to do something about that. biggrin

I'm not your average girl in a ridiculed world.

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
sowwie goggle_girl, a meteor is (amoung other designs) a long piece of rope with to large weighted knots on either end.

vampyricacid: try going to ataxia's gallery, hes got a video or two of him doing meteor, nice stuff.

am gona try and get this video done this weekend.

cheers, pete biggrin

veteran
1,286 posts

Posted:
right, ive been working on throwing, but i was wondering if you had any tips, at the moment im doing a butterfly 1 handed and usingthe momentum from that to throw, but its quite messy, any tips??

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
try spinning it horizontally above your head, give it a little bounce up and down to get momentum and then throw it vertically up in the air. There is a shot of a couple of guys from vienna doing this on Zebaztian's video: infenfire

and [Old link] is another meteor thread if you're interested - I didn't think it was that off topic.

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne