Forums > Social Chat > In need of some inspiration

Login/Join to Participate

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
I really need some inspiration. I have to write a creative piece for my writing folio for English. Due tomorrow.

I'm really struggling to think of something to write about. It's like I've got permanent writer's block.

Because I don't like my teacher I don't want her to have the privledge of reading about me/my thoughts etc, even if they are slightly altered/disguised. I dunno. It's really stupid I know...but I guess I'm just stubborn.

Point being I need inspiration

Any ideas? Any ideas/suggestions?

.All things are beautiful if we take the time to look.

clarence_quackSILVER Member
QuackerJack
1,927 posts

Posted:
write a how to guide on opening a door. my friend did it once and the teacher loved it. "always have a medical team on hand when attepting this difficult task...minimise any risk of spraining your wrist by wearing protective padding"

or else for something a little bit more normal, try https://creativewritingprompts.com/

Nutella Brigade Unite!

"Look! I have a rainbow penis!" - Rouge

Owned By Steaks

yoniGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,099 posts

Posted:
a bit of topic but in my mates finall year at uni he wrote his thesis (big finall piece) on the t.v. program/book monkey

UCOF "evolution: Poi -> stick -> hoops -> devil stick -> juggling club -> juggling ball -> crayons."

Supergroovalsticprosifunkstication
In other words, it's the thumps bump

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
How did it go? what did you write about?

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
I remember something simalar in school, everyone just got up and read out a piece on 'My Grandma' lol, why did everyone do this you ask? Because its easy to make up off the top of your head a minute before you are due to read it outloud. I wanted to write about the Fadeing Traditions of Eblish Society (fox hunting, game shooting, the class systems, national pride, the monarchy) but I sercomed to temptation and at the last second made some crap up about my grandma, made everyone laugh couse you could tell I was makeing it up lol

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hmm that's a tough one, If you don't want her to know your thoughts, then write something comical. Improvise words around random situations. Think of a place, an object, a couple of characters, and find a funny story in it. Sorry - can't be much help here *shrugs*

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Thanks for your help guys! hug

And Clarence that writing prompt site the best! I added it to my favourites in case I need it down the track so thanks for that hug

I ended up writing a letter from the point of view of a 10 year old girl writing to her dead dad. It was kind of hard to talk like a 10 year old and stay so innocent about the topic.

I'm sure that style and topic has been done before.. but meh. Here's a little bit

"I found a photo of us the other day, Daddy. We were in the backyard and you had a shovel and there was a big hole in the grass. I had a little pink plastic shovel which is pretty silly because I hate the colour pink! "

and

"I hope you get to read this. I don’t really know how to send a letter to heaven but I was hoping that the wind will take it to you when I throw it up in the air

I have to ask. What’s it like in heaven? Does it hurt or is it really as good as people say it is? What’s God like? Is he really nice?"

I love you

Please write back soon,

Love from Jackie

Yeah so that's the basic gist....it's pretty crap. redface oh well....at least I didn't have to worry about making it advanced and big worded! ubblol

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
hehe aww if that happened on film...well i wouldnt but my sister would cry!

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest

roarfireSILVER Member
comfortably numb
2,676 posts

Posted:
Hahaha. Yeah....

it's funny...cos even I got slightly teary writing it! That's just a tiny bit of it. Hehe

I still think it's crap though.

It's good in a way because I don't reveal the heaven part until the end...you get the idea at the start that he's not around....but there is that little click at the end where you go 'ohh right...he's dead'.

the_poierSILVER Member
the 1337 poier
346 posts

Posted:
yeh...do you have a copie of the full one??

ive got a fuzzbox and im not afraid to use it
R.I.P. gayfest