Page:
s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
does anyone here reckon ingesting hallucinogens or any other kind of drug for that matter makes them twirl 'better'? i.e. you *really* do twirl better - your friends have said so or whatever.I have heard from numerous people that swear by mushrooms or LSD for 'helping' them twirl smoother, more creatively and generally 'better' than in their straight state.I was wondering how many people here had tried spinning in altered states of mind... I'm by no means recommending it =)

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
CRD, I'm worried about you... The drugs I don't care about, but if you were "zoned out" twirling, how does that affect your fire safety.No moral judgement at all. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt while twirling fire..."I twirl better while on _______" may be true, but can you untangle a lit chain on your arm better? Can you snuff a wick that has flown into a crowd better? Usually fire accidents happen when something unexpected happens, like someone on E puts an arm into your poi or kicks over your fuel. Will you be able to react quickly to an unexpected situation?These are honest questions that only you will know the answer to.Just a thought..."Educate yourself and be safe." I like the quote...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
hi swifty here i performed at the merit mountain music festival last summer and some HA's paid me 50 bones and two grams of our favorite mushrooms and i ended up performing moves i had never seen or tried it was amazing and the crowd was huge i'll be back next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
Just remember that your body isn't a machine... it sounds like a lot of you don't understand what the drug is actually doing to your chemistry in your body. Granted, I went a little crazy a few years ago now.. for a few years with popping speed and LSD and ecstasy, and a number of things in between. But believe me when I say I paid the price and that you really should educate yourself fully from a wide variety of sources (not just your friends' mouths). I suffered repercussions both physical and mental for an uncomfortable amount of time for my fun.Drugs are something I probably something I wouldn't take back if I could do my life over - they have their benefits *for some people* but its too easy to be stupid with them. There are only perhaps a few select people in this world that can handle the odd dabble every now and then and survive with no strange side effects. If you gotta do em - educate yourself FIRST. Understand fully the risks involved. Only ever get your stuff off people you know extremely well. It doesn't make you a weird person cause you want to experiment - but just know that there's always a chance you won't wake up in the morning. Good luck.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
NYC,No need to worry about me bro, I rarely do it to begin with, let alone twirl fire while on it. (: I always use completely sealed containes of fuel so there is no risk of someone knocking over fuel. We had an extinguisher, as well as a wet towel on hand. I was in the middle of the road far away from anyone. The only risk was me wrapping it on myself. Yes, I'm sure that my reaction time would be slower unwrapping something but that is my own personal risk I'm taking. I take that risk every time I light up. As for me "zoning out" ..it was very similar to the zoning out I get normally..just in that I felt more with the movement of the poi. Kinda hard to explain. I was still aware of my surroundings, etc.Was a very cool experience.. (:PLURRCRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
*bump*
hey there, just reading thru this thread and id like to hear more of what you all have to say.
i think the reason why this topic is so interesting is because no one can be right or wrong, in the end its all opinion. because drugs affect everyone differently, one person might be the most awesome twirler ever while high, and another might end up with one poi wrapped round their neck and another down their pants....you just never know till you try it. personally, twirling puts me in a trance deeper (and safer) than any drug could. just watching the poi move around my body is sooo relaxing and i just dont feel the need/want to do it on drugs. maybe the day will come when i do it but for now im just too scared that i'll end up doing something to endanger another person. drugs can bring amazing and magikal experiences, and i think that people should feel free to do whatever works for them, but on the other hand, when we take drugs we are (*usually*) aware of the possible consequences and are willing to take the risk-that doesnt mean that other people should have to pay the consequences when we send a flaming poi over the audience because we want to watch it fly.

...just realised how long that reply was...wow, didnt know i had it in me

love, kisses and magikal wishes,
*SaM*

--*SaM*--

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
drugs switch me on;
there is one trick in particular that I've only ever done on acid ever! it's my funniest move! any type of amphetamine makes me twirl like a neutoric gibbon whose home's been trespassed.
on the negatives, worse than weed, hash, special K, nitrous or acid, ALCOHOL farks me and I've had my worse injuries there. I dunno about injecting horse urine yet.
/looks around room for a steed....
damn office spaces...:/

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I have twirled on E.'s and MJ,... But my history with drugs haven't been the best... I lost my first girlfriend to speed( I've be told I should put this in... she was the one on speed...)... However when I was twirling up on the Gold Coast my now ex and I meet up with some other twirlers... and after a "Get to know each other piece pipe circle"... I found the fire circles of my poi became better to watch then anything I've every seen on Mtv... of course I burned myself something bad... Then the next night we stepped up the circle with the little magic white pills... and this time the flames became apart of me... it was perfection... However I've never had Alcohol in my life...

I wanted to try other things... but never really put the point across to anyone until now... But I'll stand true to one thing... never speed...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s nice skipping the small talk.

[ 22 May 2002, 13:58: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
i reakon that taking drugs is bad.........
but if you were forced to take them at gun-point, ive heard from somewhere, (obviously not first hand experience), that Psilocybin, Mdma, Mda, THC may all be not that bad...

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Arsn:
But I'll stand true to one thing... never speed...
you're not missing anything!
For informational purposes only - i dun encourage it cos cheap speed could be made from wizz fizz. never inject anything. don't let it touch your teeth cos it eats enamel like how my insanity eats at reality. When trying it with fire, you still talk codshit to anyone, you still get tired, not sleepy tho just farked up. in the context of fire performances, I've found that the biggest prob are the secondary effects - eye twitching from not sleeping for the whole weekend, pyro-delerium (the worst!) that increases your misteaks tenfold.
Again, i don't encourage anyone to take anything as it often obscures the moment of firey epihany. Personally, trippin+rollin far, far enhances the already glorious act of firetwirling into something religious. something that can never be truly described without feeling it.
tribal beaming lights and shamanic prescences!
admittedly, I only do so a handful of times a year. (second last time i did, i woke up with a twisted knee! - cuationary tale)
consume the heat!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Bender the offender
"I only do so a handful of times a year."
Man... what a cocktail... A whole handful... I take my hat off to you sir...

------------------------------------------------------
Gallop through every sunset, but slow down long enough to watch it rise.

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

6,978 posts

Posted:
eh I certainly will not be doing for the rest of me life - i probably won't be able to, so I'll take the the chance during this life. As i see it I'm buying this amazing experience by poisoning my body weekly. Everything has it's price, so I don't want to use up too much of my good karma on e-pihanies ... there's more to life hey? never extend past recreational/spiritual use, and know your body's limits - always have a designated underling to rescue when needed, especially with trips. and for crissake dun take more if your mates are already lookin pasty.
and the tree was happy.

Page: