Forums > Social Chat > Worst poi/related toys you've had!

Login/Join to Participate

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Since this is pointing out the worst stuff (and may be very funny lol) I figured it should go here since this is a thread for fun , its good to luagh at yourself (and other people!)

Post your worst/funny stroys of toys here of all types. Did something brake? fly off and hit someone in the face? (lol) or anything embarresing.

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

PyroMonkeyGOLD Member
b...bal...lence?....
370 posts

Posted:
Well, its not realy a different Toy, one of the most common actually, but it did leave me with a nice scar.

About a month ago i made a set of Double staffs and were practising with em for a long time without lighting them. then when i was asked by my mate to spin some fire at his party i spun my old staff (wasnt good enough for puplic doubles) which is alot lighter than the ones i made.

Now for the blood bit, when i started to crank up the speed a bit to finish off, becaue of the lesser weight i wasnt used to it, so i ended up bringing the end too close to my face and i sliced my nose open in front of a few dozen people.... redface

funny thing was i didnt notice i was cut so i kept going till i started breathing in blood though my nose... ooooops

IgirisujinSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,666 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Well, its not realy a different Toy, one of the most common actually, but it did leave me with a nice scar.

Well what I meant was any type of 'toy', everything from sock to tails, to staffs to stilts

Chief adviser to the Pharaoh, in one very snazzy mutli-coloured coat

'Time goes by so slowly for those who wait...' - Whatever Happend To Baby Madonna?

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
When I got my first set of blue LED poi I was over the moon,until I turned them on and the one LED was a bit temperemaental. Shrugged it off and began to spin, promptly lost the tube and LED,never to be seen again...not impressed....GRRRR Huramphf

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
waay back before i got my real fire poi off hop, i tried making a pair. or two. out of hemp rope. I figured 'hey, its natural fibre, shouldn't really burn'. It does. they lasted maybe 3 burns before they burnt through just before the massive heaving line (a bit like a noose) knot i'd tied as the head. nobody got hurt, and i didn't burn anything down, but i stopped making them after the second (i thoought the first may have been a fluke...)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie