Virgin Wicksmember
22 posts

Posted:
When i walk down the street holding my staff it feels good like i have some power, or i look cool
is it just me or does everyone else feel like that as well??

Burn Baby BURN

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
i dunno about power but i get a lot of weird looks on the train....

ere, whats that weird girly doing with that metal pole?

Currently on the right side up of the world.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Yep ditto - people look at me as if I'm mad.. and if you get caught twirling on a train platform.. well huh! I got called a majorette by a jump up public school ruggerbugger.. along with alot of other abuse the other day.. If I wasn't such a nice person and I didn't like my staff so much I'd of wrapped it round his pock marked face! Yeah so maybe there is a bit of power there.. I know I can defend myself with it..

[ 16 October 2002, 21:40: Message edited by: Stix ]

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
I have never walked around with my staff, but I have been spinning poi outside the barracks and had the duty come around and quiz me pretty hard about what I was doing. Asked for my ID and all. Lill prick wouldnt leave me alone. I am surprised that PMO didnt show up.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Ray PMO?? Scuse my ignorance - is it some form on military polis?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yep, lots of strange looks. Normally get enough strange looks looking like I do sometime, but with staff it's just funny. You can see them dying to ask. People ask what it is and I reply "Ah! A very cleverly disguised umbrella!". They look puzzled. "OK. What's it digused as!". "Aha! That's the clever bit! Nobody knows!" and then skip off down the street.

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
lol dom! that's great!

I know what your saying though Virgin Wicks... I feel better going home at night when i've got my fire stick... it's like the baddies aren't even going to THINK of messing with me...
...well in my little dreamworld anyways... whatever makes you feel good though 'ey?

It was funny actually... years and years ago... when we first picked up a bit of dowl from the hardwear to make our very first fire sticks.... On the way home a police car stopped by us and asked "what are the spears for?" we were like "they're not spears" (silly) they're fire sticks! and like NO JOKE, about 10 minutes later a fire truck drives past!

[ 16 October 2002, 23:24: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yep PMO the Prvo Marshals Office. Just some wierd thing we call the MPs hehe

Virgin Wicksmember
22 posts

Posted:
well what i'm kinda sayin is that it feels good, when ur carryin it around the place, when i twirled at the station platform, i had onlookers from other trains and some of them seem to enjoy watchin me. i understand what u mean about the weird looks, i get them too, but i just ignore them.

Burn Baby BURN

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Virgin Wicks:
well what i'm kinda sayin is that it feels good, when ur carryin it around the place, when i twirled at the station platform.
some of us might even like the weird looks, meaning we're stretching audience into new territory for them, mebbe you do, come on, admit it, do ya like some of the weird looks, ya more exhibitionist than shy, Virgin Wicks?

feelin of power & also feels good? sure! feels good to have your toy, and it IS power - power coz ya get to be emphatically at your coolest peak, and everyone's automatically aware, no matter how friendly ya are, it's allus a potential weapon too, just like military police. course everyone's gonna watch out standing/ moving next to da one with da big tall firm stick, and da acrobatics mean ya got skillz to reach & hit as needs.

but also just like the oldoldancientskool walkin stick, silver-topped cane with a tux makes mid-last century Hollywood musical stars dance in the street & up da streetlights sideways, feels so good, or a riding crop, or a walkin stick in da mountains, or a rod in da hand of a priestess/ prince, ya know. . . it's play and show and feels good in da hand, and it's POWER jus like ya said!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I feel the power - specially when I have my doubles......And I'm wearing a black catsuit.....ummmm NO! HOLD ON - that's not right is it?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
Yeah i get that... its kinda like a status symbol, it shows that we spin.

I get loads of questions on the tube, but now i have big fuck off pieces of wood on either end of my practise staff, so it looks good and scary.

Not had any hostilities yet, just interest really

Havoc

you have to let it all go... Fear, doubt and disbelief... Free your mind!

Times like these people wanna get High...
Real High and Real Fast...
This is gonna do it!!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Its absolutely stupid, cos it ain't much protection, but I always feel a lot safer walking through backstreets at night when I am carrying my staff.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
Mt staff could if yeilded correctly cause shit loads of damage to the dumb soul who attempts to try it on with me...

I do feel safe although I would never like to use my staff or future doubles (CHEERS! Dom) to hit someone with although if I hit someone with my future doubles (solid aluminium) they would cause quite intense pain depending on the region...

SO I feel safe knowing that if a situation arose I could whip out my staf do a couple of moves and leave my assailant on the floor... Not so much power but safety...
Where I am from you need that kinda safety except most people have mm of saftey at the ends of their damn guns....

Anyways I get the power thing it is kinda true but I get upset when people think that a little fluffy pixie like me would use it purposely for that... I was asked once, is that for hitting people with... I didnt know what to say ...

BUT most of the time I get genuine curiosity and sometimes i have met jugglers who dont know about fire arts but know shit loads about juggling...

Much love, Drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well, for a guy who has been hit by an aluminum bat, I tell ya it hurts.

Dun matter where, I garunte you, that you wold cause saver pain for that person(s)!!

3,638 posts

Posted:
"do you hit people with that?"

OMG! Did you actually get asked that Drome? That's terrible! What a violent society we live in that people even think of things like that!

Drome + Rozi- I can completely understand feeling safer with your staff - girls need to know how to protect themselves and a minging great stick is as good a way as any

I see my catsuit comment went unnoticed.......

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
You forgot to mention whether you had a tail or not...

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

3,638 posts

Posted:
oooo - definately a tail. A long silky black one to hold my staff of course!

And pointy furry ears...........

3,638 posts

Posted:
Hey Rozi *insert sheepish smiley here*

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
mmm... cat suit!! rest easy ros, the comment was noticed! lol

This is gonna do it!!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
"First you get the staff, then you get the power, then you get the fire."

"McFly you Bojo! Those poi don't work on water!"
"Unless you got POWER!"

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
urmmmmm i dunno if i would ever hit anyone with mine, might break a bone.

My staff tis stainless steel
Apparently its heavy.... i never really noticed *shrug*

Currently on the right side up of the world.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Mind who you're watching there Havoc. She's my kitty.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I once hit my brother over the head quite hard with one of my staffs. I actually, genuinely (and quite bizarrely) thought he was a cardboard box.

Unsure of any adverse effects as he was fairly daft before the incident. . . .

As to feelings of power. I've certainly never felt insecure whilst carrying my staffs around. In fact i felt positively bullet-proof when traversing Pitsmoor (a part of sheffield with an unsavoury reputation) but i never actually attributed it to the staffs. I thought i was just high on life.

Could be my staffs. Interesting thought.

I know i'm a lot more confident in general since i've started spinning. And certainly a great deal more self assured and positive in the last 6 months or so. But that is more likely to be because of the comapny i'm keeping these days

Meh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I had a cab driver absolutely freak out once when I went to get on his cab with my staff collection. Don't know why, I'm harmless

HavocHavoc
168 posts

Posted:
well if she will place such provocative images in our minds, then comment must be passed... sorry c@ntus, no offence was meant

Havoc

This is gonna do it!!

3,638 posts

Posted:
lol

tis no problem Havoc - the fraggle's just being protective

He knows I only him - posts like that are supposed to get comments!

calvranSILVER Member
61 posts

Posted:
When I skateboarded with my staff, I noticed that cars let me through crosswalks. It was a great feeling

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
ha, calvran, i can see that! same when i was walkin around with my field hockey goalie stick with da long head outsida school

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc:
its kinda like a status symbol, it shows that we spin.
good one!

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

iluminaryfaeriemember
89 posts

Posted:
bendy:
that was great!!!

hehehe i spin everywhere
on the street waiting for my bus. on the street while hanging out with friends. just anywhere.
i love the looks. everyone loves em!
but hey, us leo's are attention whores. that's what we do.

i want a catsuit! for halloween and my job at a fast food joint

orangu-funking-tan