Page:
TinklePantsGOLD Member
Clique Infiltrator, Cunning Linguist and Master Debator
4,219 posts

Posted:
Been on TV? Had your 15 minutes? know a celeb? Got a distant link beween you and a celeb?

Well you know what to do then don't you!

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

blu_valleySILVER Member
fluffy mess
197 posts

Posted:
Um, My uncle's (married by blood-aunty)brother was half of the winning doubles team at Wimboldon this year.

Bin on TV but only in the background really, and was an extra in a film.

Um,live in a city thats full of z-list (in my eyes) celebrities but never seen any of them,(coz I keep my eyes glued to the floor so I dont fall down)

Although I been mistaken for catherin Zeta Jones a few times...mostly by drunkerds though

Yup, thats about my lot...I think

"I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day,and if you can source your own life from its presence.." - Oriah Mountain Dreamer

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
was in 1991 rugby world cup opening ceremony at twickenham
was part of team GB athletics team
Academy player for London bronco's rugby league team
Took part in world record breaking group firebreathe at stone henge

just that really.

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
blu - kitten from last yrs big brother is down your way. I've spoken to her on a site just for ladies.... nuff said ubblol

Always use "so's your face" and "only on Tuesdays" in as many conversations possible

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Anyone remember that welsh guy Huw who was in Eastenders some years ago - he does that bisto cheese sauce ad, the one who says:
"look at that bloke in the background- he's even got man boobs"
His Dad was my woodwork teacher at secondary school!

*tries to think* errrr

And Tom Jones (who vehemently denies this happening) got his nose broken by my grandpa's best mate (also named Tom) in a club near (or in) swansea, before he got famous.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
erm...my mum used to live next door to andrew ettinghausen (sp?) aussie footy player from the 80s/90s... tongue

i went to school with the chick on the tv ads for some shopping centre...new orleans..(but in australia!)...can't really remember...it was ages ago! ubblol

a friend from uni was on 'treasure island'...yep, another reality tv show! she went on with her then boyfriend...her tribe had to kill a pig & being vego - she cried! then she saw a whale & it was all good!! umm & she's also on the subway ads riding a horse...

ubblol

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Gayle......!SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,444 posts

Posted:
Been on page three of the sun but before people get exicited - i had my clothes on.

Been on the front page of the local newspaper, been on radio 1, radio 5 live, the guardian, telegraph, observer, daily star (not on page 3 frown ) and some others - can't remember them all.

and

channel five made a tv show called Britain Behaving Badly - a i was the person getting "revenge" on a milk float. I got to blow it up and drive over it in a tank in a "live" feed. It was shown on new years eve 1999 and was hosted by Kirsty Young (newsreader on channel 5) and Richard Fairbrass (right said fred!!!)

On of my friends mum's partner is Adam Hart Davies. He does the inland revenue "tax doesn't have to be taxing" adverts and he looks like this:

Non-Https Image Link

My socks i use for practice came from him after Radio 2 gave him them after a photo shoot.

Gayle.....!

Josie-PosieBRONZE Member
82 posts

Posted:
My ex boyfriends cousin was in judus priest, a girl that stalked my brother at school has a cousin who is malcom whats his face from AC/DC. Are these tenuous enough?

MynciBRONZE Member
Macaque of all trades
8,738 posts

Posted:
Oh And i went to school with johnny lee miller of train spotting fame....he's crap at football ubblol (yes a posh ish school)

A couple of balls short of a full cascade... or maybe a few cards short of a deck... we'll see how this all fans out.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I've been on local channels 13,7,10 and 8, Discovery Channel twice, and Sci-Fi Channel.
I've been in local papers and art magazines and in Stars and Scars magazine.
I've recently been in two documentaries and have been cast in two b-rate movies.

I've met "celebrities" but not really in cool circumstances or as more than a blink of an eye. Actual strange things-ties...
I've met Peter DeLouise (used to be on 21 Jump St. and is not a Sci-fi show producer) when I had to give a speech at the same place he is.
My friend Todd is *close* friends with Penn Jillette from Penn and Teller. Penn actually did readings at Todd's wedding.
My mom used to change the diapers of Mark Ferrari (Mark Shuman) from the band Keel.
My sister and I took guitar lessons from Billy Sheehan, guitartist to David Lee Roth and others, who grew up in our town.
My friend Megan went to the same high school at Natalie Merchant.
My friend Tony was an opening band manager so he has some interesting stories from being on the road with Metallica and such. He also now manages one of the major music clubs here, which gets used-to-be big names in it, along with interesting stories.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

The Tea FairySILVER Member
old hand
853 posts

Posted:
I don't really know anyone famous, but Victor from previous Big Brother sometimes swans about my Uni campus...

Idolized by Aurinoko

Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind....

Bob Dylan

strooSILVER Member
trusty sidekick to superman
799 posts

Posted:
Victors scary. i dont like him...

i pulled the bassist of The Bravery redface (im such a groupie! hehe!) and brushed arms and smiled at one of Busted! hell yeah!

Livin' on dreams and custard creams

Sporkyaddict
663 posts

Posted:
I've met Ville Valo from Finnish metallers HIM and have seen Billy Boyd (of hobbit fame) in Glasgow.

Have faith in what you can do and respect for what you can't

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
I was in a radio 4 play
I snogged jeremy irons cousin
I was on record breakers, my friend got the record for skipping whilst on one of those bouncy thingys, then they filmed me falling off!
I was an extra on Maid Marion and her merry men

weeleighlook a rainbow!
237 posts

Posted:
Ummm... before I was born, my parents were in a play with a girl who later did the voice of Belle for Disney's "Beaty and the Beast". I think that's about as close to fame as I'll ever get. ubblol

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth."

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
my mom did all the cooking for zz top when they where on tour.(that was before she met my dad.) I met anne rice when i lived in new orleans at a freinds party.i see the real col. steele(black hawk down)every now and then on post.i got invited into a skankin' pickle concert by their drummer While talking to one of my friends who worked as a bartender at the club they where at.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: .:star:.

That was my fave kids programme at one point!

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
been on local news a fair few times.
same with the local paper.
met yothu yindi once.
Went out with a girl whos mum used to do kiss' makeup. apparently.
went to school with a bloke that now plays afl (jared rivers, for any aussies that follow)
my old man grew up around the corner from, and was mates with, jimmy barnes.
i have a hat signed by the roulettes (Australian air forces smarty pants pilots)
i stayed for a week with Flynt (she's a celebrity, isn't she?)
One of the girls in my class from school is an up and coming country and western singer.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
I've been DJ'ing for years and have residented for Hard House (I was young), House and DnB clubs.

As such I've met, DJ'd with (and usually had a beer and a joint or 2 with) loads of people including Superfast Oz (OD404), Chris C (Mohawk Records), Eddie Halliwell, Lisa Lashes, Judge Jules (and his wife Amanda AKA 'Angelic'), Dave 'just how much cheese can we get into 60 minutes' Pearce, Fergie, Brandon 'where did all the vodka go' Block, Alex P, Charlotte Birch, Lisa Pin Up, Ingo, Fabio, Grooverider, Goldie, Mampi Swift, Ed Rush & Optical, Touche, Jazzy M, CJ Mackintosh and loads more. I've also met loads of others just by connection, but not played sets with them, like Paul Oakenfold (legend!).

My crowning glory has to be that one night I was playing in one room of Frisky and Anne Savage was playing in the other. When she finished her set she came into my room and started dancing and completely missed a set she was meant to be doing in London. biggrin

Also - one of my best mates is an actor and has been appearing on tv loads recenly (casualty, the bill, distant shores) and has a film coming our soon biggrin

Ooh, and (although this is very early yet) my little brother has been asked for a demo of his music by Basement Jaxx' label.

SeyeSILVER Member
Geek
1,261 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah, and...

One of my housemates from uni was good friends with Danny and Rich Macnamara from Embrace. He even went to a party at their house and rang me so I could hear them playing acoustic live. (i'm not their biggest fan but they seem to have planty of others).
I met Zack Shaw (X-Games BMX rider) at V-festival a couple of years ago while my mates were in another tent chatting to the Doves guitarists.

I dont know how I forgot this either, I've shaken the hands of Jazzy Jeff (absolute legend!!), Frankie Knuckles (10 points to anyone who actually knows who he is!), and Todd Terry biggrin

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
I coined the phrase "Do a Durbs"

(Which refers to doing a search for previsouly posted threads before starting a new one )

[Old link] wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FoxInDocsSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,848 posts

Posted:
Written by: Mynci

Oh And i went to school with johnny lee miller of train spotting fame....he's crap at football ubblol (yes a posh ish school)

do talk it up boy... he was angelina jolie's first husband...

erm... claim to fame.. claim to fame... ummm... for all you adelaidians... i went to school with the "live to ride, ride to live" boy (you know, the helmet add)... ummm... afl football... robert pyman's my step-brother if anyone knows who he is... haven't seen him since i was like 12 though so i don't know if that counts... ummm.... and who's that singer dude? jimmy barns? yeah, my exboyfriend's dad used to beat him up at school. so that's my tentative grip on fame... and it about as close as i want to get really.

"i am exotic, and must keep my arms down" - Rougie

"i don't understand what penises have to do with getting married" - Foxie

.:star:.SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,785 posts

Posted:
Written by: Tinklepants

Written by: .:star:.

That was my fave kids programme at one point!

it was great wasn't it!! i was one of those muddy kids.

It was filmed very near to where i live, we were only little and wrote to tony robinson asking if he would like to come for tea and he did! then we got a tour of the set and got to meet everyone. sooooo much fun!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

(Which refers to doing a search for previsouly posted threads before starting a new one )

[Old link] wink

ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

No way! ubblol

Claim to fame? erm...... I can turn my eyelids inside out?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

BumfroIts a bum with an afro...
223 posts

Posted:
I have been on JJJ about 4 times, had my photo on their website for a bit and recently i won clever request on super request! smile

its a big thing for me, as i listen to JJJ religously

Racism is a weapon of mass destruction

TinklePantsGOLD Member
4,219 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

[Old link] wink

Lol I only did a search for "claim to fame" not "claims to fame"

So technically I did do a Durbs biggrin

ubbrollsmile

btw Durbs your vids are ubercool! weavesmiley

JonnyRokBRONZE Member
Look! I'm Darth Bunny!
446 posts

Posted:
Well a model friend of mine was in the US and went to party hosted by Tom Cruise, she was sitting at the bar when some guy came up to her and asked her what she thought of the band that was playing and the party. She told him it sucked only to realise that it was Tom Cruise talking to her! biggrin She didnt see him again.

Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!
Yo ho fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright to be,
Do what you want coz a pirate is free,
You are a pirate!

LiL Turkey!enthusiast
209 posts

Posted:
I lived in Tunstall near to where Robbie Williams lived with his Parents in Mill Hill. We used to catch the odd glimpse of him.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you! wink

Arty FartyBRONZE Member
I wear yellow on monday
551 posts

Posted:
i starred in a local tv program. me and 5 freinds from A-Level art had to build something child related from rubbish. my group made jack and jill (an obvious child orientated chioce) while the other group made ahem 'Queen Bet'. a monstrosity of a being with 4 scured doll heads for a face, and exposed nipples made from party poppers.

the other day i was on merdian news going into hsbc in newport isle of wight too.

also if anyone knows the band THE BEES i used to work with the bass players girlfriend and sold him toilet roll. we're on speaking tearms, and i like that.

You'll find me on the dance floor

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Written by: MiG

i stayed for a week with Flynt (she's a celebrity, isn't she?)

Dont be daft.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

mycoBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,084 posts

Posted:
yup flynt, you're my claim to fame hug ubblove

my other claim to fame occured when i was in a cd shop, i saw a guy that looked really familiar, but i couldn't place how i knew him, amybe an old teacher or something. i gave him the little nod and smile you give to people you know when you aren't going to stop and chat. i wondered why he was looking at me strangely, then afterwards i realised it was geoffery rush redface

Page: