NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
As odd as it is for an old guy like me to be seeking out raves and such I do have much love for the glow ninjas of the world and would love to see what's going on in the glowstick half of the universe, something I've been far from over here in fireland.

Is there any way of finding glowstick kids (and perhaps even some adults) who actually know what they're doing? Any sites? East Coast connections?

Or is it going to be all immature teeny bobbers that can't LaY oFf ThE dAmN ShIfT KeY?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
tHat'LL bE Me thEN

wherever you go, there you are.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:

Only if you put yourself in that category.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
If you ever wanna come upstate and party with the Martian and I here are a few sites for links in upstate.

www.groovenet.org (Rochester area)
www.trueraver.com (Syracuse area)
www.upstateunderground.com (general search upstate NY)

I can give you more if you like, but those are all the quality scenes that I usually visit.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
mmmm.... theres also www.teamhardcore.com but thats canadian, probably not interested in that being a yank and all

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
NYC,

Ravelinks is well established, has excellent Events section on the Northeast US, if da party's not there the organizers are pretty flaky or it's small, though a few big ones don't bother. messageboard is trash junk however, no one ever answers a serious post, promoter board has some intel but largely ignored tho gets posts

a fast-moving all-raver kidz site with international membership, some who def live there is DogsOnAcid run by UK admins but hugely American membership, everyone posts TONS of graphics, better have an up to date fast system

some like Plur2K too, haven't been there much, don't remember if it's organized or running sloppy chaos.

howzat?

lemme know whatcha feel if ya go to any, ya?

ya wanna meet & know more ravers, or find parties to go to in person, or what? (i'm always doin both here in SoCal)

~ Mikie

[ 17 October 2002, 06:52: Message edited by: FíreMîke ]

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Thanks folks, keep the info coming but that's exactly the info that I was looking for... I'll check the sites when I get home.

I would like to meet up with glowstickers and improve on my glow skills. Now I'm just doing fire moves with glowsticks if that makes sense... although I spend most of my days with teenagers and would like to meet some more my age. Oxymoron, I know.

I'm specifically trying to avoid showing up at venues with guys with too much cologne doing the weave fast. I'd love to watch and learn from some true glowstickers. I know I'm missing some quality poi out there somewhere.

Off to PM N8...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
yeah, you better be PMing me too mister!

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Yo! Split personality girl! You talkin' like YOU don't owe ME an email young lady!!! Or else I go put Oblio and Arrow back in the basement...

I ain't gettin sucked into a side conversation on my own thread now...

BACK ON TOPIC:

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
oh there's one more ya might wanna know about but might not wanna go to for this, they talk moves like glows not at all, really, but do discuss music & are mainly a whole-life parlor for certain residents. ya might find it an occasional respite.

requirements for signing up on e-mail whatchacallit, when ya post to central, everyone gets it all day long realtime, or daily digest: none.

requirements for posting: must be 25 y.o. or more.

group is called Ravers-G for Ravers Geriatric (i kid you not!):

i can tell you about some longtimers there if ya do go.

with all my love, old man,

~ Mikie

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Ha! Ravers Geriatric... Cool, I'm a special interest group! Ravers over 25. Too bad there wasn't much New York influence but I'd be set if I lived in SFO.

Perhaps the Rave scene isn't quite in New York what it is in the rest of the country. It seems like the monster clubs and stuff get most of the props. There are tons of underground parties but I wouldn't call them raves per se...

[Shrugs] Still lookin'. Thanks for doin' the leg work Mike. There's gotta be some level headed glowstickers within 100 miles...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
eh Hem. (points at self) Well, ok half a state away. The real rave scene is in the underground, and the underground is still in upstate.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
yes, there are NY Raver-G's as they call themselves. Lots of DC too, some Detroit.

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

Laguna, California, US

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
No, no, of course there are ravers in New York.... There's like a bazillion people here. I just don't think the scene is as prominent as in other places. I CERTAINLY wouldn't call raves the DOMINANT underground scene here whereas it may be the only underground scene in some places...

Hook me up Mike!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
Kinda more of an event thing, but there is a party in the bronx on the 26th. at some sports center. I have the flyer in my trunk if ya want more 411 on it...

I smell something burning.

Nyxenthusiast
385 posts

Posted:
quote:
There's gotta be some level headed glowstickers within 100 miles..
Um, NYC i'm pretty sure i'm within 100 miles of ya and i'm a geriatric too! How bout I meet you in the city and we take a roadtrip upstate to visit N8?

"Dancing can reveal all the mystery that music conceals"

~Charles Baudelaire

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
SHOTGUN!

Shiz, I'm more interested in people and glowsticking than raving itself. I'd hate to go and not see any glowstickers. Do you know anyone going?

And Nyx, we defininitely gotta hang out soon. I need some new poi inspiration/lessons. I'll be emailin' ya soon.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
Its a pretty big event, I dont think I have been to one where I didnt see 'glowstickers'.

As for myself, if my 'shopping' goes well this morning, I will have more than enough energy to spin for like 5 hours straight. I usually bring 8 - 12 glowsticks for my use I get so sad when they start to fade...

I smell something burning.