glennerooprofessional loser
140 posts

Posted:
if you're in Vienna, Austria on any given Thursday of the week, and it's a bit warm, i.e. summer then take the tram 1/2 or subway U2/U4 to Schwedenplatz and walk along the Donau towards URANIA (ask somebody where Urania is) under the Aspernbrücke (bridge) there is always a crowd under the bridge Thursday evenings after about 8pm spinning fire. Admittedly i'm not often there, however, if you let me know you're coming i'll try to pick you up on the way and get you started... smile

fotography: glenneroo.net
filmography: glenneroo.org

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
Umm..Hi!
I haven't spun in ages. I had actually forgotten my HoP Username it's been so long.. I had to search for a friend's (that's not fair. She's not a friend. She's my official poi-guru and all-around perfect person. There. In case Em reads this..)
Anyway, I moved to Vienna a few weeks ago, my fire poi are still in Germany, but coming down in 2 weeks..
So my question: Is that still a regular meeting-point? I'd love to try again. It's sure been a while..
Thank-ee! Cat
(Wow, things have sure changed around here..there's a check spelling buttone?!)

It aint broke...It just lacks large amounts of duct-tape!

140 posts

Posted:
only when it's warm outside. as the weather cools down (like about now) less and less people go... so.. uhm...

Burggarten/Volksgarten are good places to hang and meet other poi people, though usually the same with the weather, the colder it gets the less people show up.. i think you're a bit late for all the good vienna action, though maybe i'll ask around if anybody's doin anything, most of my friends are booked with shows and stuff so they're spending a lot of time training, but i'll ask around if you wanna meet up and poi

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
Well, that's real nice of you =)
Even thought the last few days have been quite warm, I figured that would be the case. Guess it gives me time to practice until next year!
Thanks a lot anyway!

140 posts

Posted:
ya go hang out at burggarten or volksgarten and i'm sure somebody will be there!

and tonight i think its warm enough that people will be spinning under the bridge.. though people come after the sun goes down. i havent been at all this year but i hear from people thats its a mixed bag, sometimes lots of people, sometimes nearly nobody.

newgabeSILVER Member
what goes around comes around. unless you're into stalls.
4,030 posts

Posted:
Are you chaps aware that FlameOz is currently residing in Spillern?

.....Can't juggle balls but I sure as hell can juggle details....

140 posts

Posted:
but of course, Fenfire has been training with them since their arrival, and they've even been working hard on a new show together smile
i unfortunately haven't had any time to hang with either Fenfire nor FlameOz lately (except for working on FF's NEW VIDEO, WOOWOO) coz i been real busy myself, but hopefully they'll still be around for bastl's birthday bash in November... smile

Konstilovable smart-ass
785 posts

Posted:
hey i ran into a dude with a firestick in sievering the other day. I think his name was Bifi, or Befe or something like that. he said that there are indoor meetings for winter planned, please send me a pm with your phone number and ill let u know as soon as i know.

servus
konsti

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
Well, I would say it's officially warm starting today. No matter what weather comes, my coat is staying in the closet!! (watch me come home shivering and lacking all resolve tomorrow...)
So...Volksgarten, huh? Off we go! ... oh, it's dark..OK, tomorrow then...If you see someone clumsily detangling herself from some poi, do give her a hand. She doesn't mean to have forgotten everything. It's just me...=)

140 posts

Posted:
teehee indeed it was warm, went for a little mtb ride in the snow, nearly froze me toes off wearin sandals wink

i'll have to see if i can coerce Fenfire to come down n give ya some tips seein as im pretty poi-lame. i can give ya some 3 ball tricks tho? Supposedly helps with the poi coordination. juggle weavesmiley see the relation? ubbloco

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
oh goodness me...yes, those darned three balls...they just don't seem to listen to me much...I wore a coat this morning, but now I'm headed out without one. Wish me luck =) I'll try and bring some warm water for your toes!

140 posts

Posted:
teehee!

ohhhh how i would love to go out, but seein' as its already 3pm and i just arrived at work, i def. won't get out before the sun goes back down again, tis a shame as the sun is shinin and im all hot and bothered from just walkin to work in the sun.. woohoo summer is on her lovely way! biggrin

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
I met poi people =) OK, it was two girls' first time out (who cares about proper grammar?) and another group had only tried a couple of times as well, but I feel a lot less lonely now..
You sure missed some beautiful afternoon sun! =)

140 posts

Posted:
hehe cool beans nice to hear! yes i did miss the rays.... but

1) there'll be enough days for me to bask in sun rays.. if i can put my cameras down long enough to actually do that, HA HA! smile

2) im from southern california where 'it never rains...' so missing sunny days is something i've come to accept as normality biggrin

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
So...it's REALLY warm now, right?!

140 posts

Posted:
well considerin i just got back from 2 weeks in Edinburgh for Beltane, Vienna is like sitting in a microwave oven in comparison HAHAHAHA woo i'm sweatin like a pig in this 20 degree weather bwahahaaa biggrin

CheshireCatmember
51 posts

Posted:
well...seeing as its warm and all, can you warn me when you think people might be starting to meet up again? That would be great. Even though my park-experiences have shown me that it would be smarter to do some hardcore dry practicing, but I just want the fire so badly..=)

140 posts

Posted:
like i said i believe it's Wednesdays? (or Thursdays?) under the Urania-bridge across from Urania/5 mins walk from Flex

lots of random people meet up there and play with fire but usually they get there fairly late-ish like 8-10pm

i dont know of any other places where people play with fire openly and on a regular basis

140 posts

Posted:
got some info about a new place to meet and juggle (indoors)! Here's the original mail i got (ENGLISH BELOW!)

Es ist soweit diesen Mittwoch den 1.Nov ab 16:00 im EKH (https://www.med-user.net/ekh) starten das wöchentliche Jongliertreffen. Sagt es weiter damit dieser Mittwoch ein gescheiter Start in den Winter wird. Bringt eure Stecken, Bälle, Ketten usw. zum Rumspielen, Üben, von einander Lernen oder Choreografien Einstudieren. Außerdem wäre es nicht blöd wenn ihr nette CDs zum Jonglieren mitnehmt.

subversive Grüße
Arn

ENGLISH>
Starting November 1st at about 16:00 in the EKH (https://www.med-user.net/ekh) there will be a weekly juggling point! Bring all your toys (balls, sticks, chains, et al) to play around, learn from each other or rehearse your choreographed shows. It would also be nice if you brought along a few good juggling CDs!

Subversively,
Arn